Understanding the Nature of Force Ghosts & Sith Spirits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
So I did a blog on ComicVine, there has been some discussion on this topic on the boards already, though my blog takes a much wider perspective.

Anyway read it tbh. Feedback is encouraged.

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/beniboybling/blog/understanding-the-nature-of-force-ghosts-sith-spir/105225/

P.S. It's long (but riveting), so get comfortable.

Nephthys
Excellent thread, well argued.

The only thing I'm (continually) confused about is Talzin. According to her, she has no natural power over the Force. Baring this in mind I have no earthly clue how she does any of the things she does. Nor how she could fit into this theory.

Selenial
She says she doesn't use the force as Sith and Jedi do, I think she draws from the force energies around her.

Nephthys

Zampanó

psmith81992
You're still unable to grasp the difference between a dead spirit and a living one.

Beniboybling

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate visited Dark Temple as well and even performed rituals inside it. And no spirit was able to overwhelm him.

Instead, Vitiate drained every captive within:

Burial place, prison, and reliquary, the Dark Temple was built on the orders of the Emperor to seal away powerful artifacts and the Emperor's enemies, both alive and dead. The temple became a nexus of dark side energy as the Emperor performed rituals within, drawing strength and knowledge from his captives.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

Revanchiste
Yhea great Idea !!!! I'll check !

Darth Luminous

Revanchiste
According to the Holonet, Jedis have repertoried 13 different type of manifestation of the force....
But It seem that it could have hundreds of forms....
And force spirits share basis, but are differents....

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by Nephthys
The only thing I'm (continually) confused about is Talzin. According to her, she has no natural power over the Force. Baring this in mind I have no earthly clue how she does any of the things she does. Nor how she could fit into this theory.

The last season of TCW creates the impression that Talzin is somehow manipulating stolen Force energy ( green goo ) as opposed to channeling innate Force power in the way that a Jedi or Sith would. In this sense she can be seen as equivalent to a machine of sorts.

Beniboybling

Darth Luminous
Originally posted by Beniboybling
As for the last part, the living Force isn't in fact everywhere, it's only in living things

It is presumably everywhere the Force is, and the Force is everywhere. It is generated by living things but exists outside of living things as well. Even between the rock and the ship.

Revanchiste
And what is force Aura?

Darth Luminous
Mother Talzin in fact, who spears to rely heavily on the living Force, found her powers weakened in remote locations like this.

Plo Koon didn't seem to have any difficulty using the Force in space; the same could be said for various characters from the EU. We've seen the Force used on a starship while in deep space even in the films.

Originally posted by Revanchiste
And what is force Aura?

Bonus to defense and saving throws.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Luminous
It is presumably everywhere the Force is, and the Force is everywhere. It is generated by living things but exists outside of living things as well. Even between the rock and the ship. Sure but as cosmic Force energy.Originally posted by Darth Luminous
Plo Koon didn't seem to have any difficulty using the Force in space; the same could be said for various characters from the EU. We've seen the Force used on a starship while in deep space even in the films. They are all themselves living things though. I suppose it depends on whether you believe the living Force comes from living things, or that living things come from the living Force. That issue of causation isn't really one I've considered by at the very least in space there is an absence of midichlorians, so a spirit is not going to be in a position to draw on the Force connections of others/life where none exists.

The implication being that Talzin's powers operate in a similar manner.

Revanchiste

Darth Luminous
Sure but as cosmic Force energy.

After looking around it seems that there is a difference of opinion on this topic. The scheme you describe may be plausible but I think there is another alternative.

a spirit is not going to be in a position to draw on the Force connections of others/life where none exists.

I'm not so sure that a spirit needs to do so. Force ghosts, for example, may have transcended the need for midichlorians.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.