Batman and Nightwing run a gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Ok here goes.

Full standard gear across the board.
Full recovery, full knowledge both ways.

Round one. Crossbones and Bullseye.
Round two. Hawkeye and Black Widow.
Round three. Punisher and Daredevil.
Round four. Mr X andbTaskmaster.
Round five. Shang-Chi and Elektra.
Round six. T'Challa (heart shaped herb) And Moon Knight.
Round seven. Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes.
Round eight. Deadpool.
Round nine. Wolverine.
Round ten. Luke Cage.
Round eleven. Spider-man.

byrdgang21
Round 4 is tough for them. Could stop there. Def don't see them getting past 6 tho.

Stoic
Round five. Shang-Chi and Elektra. Really tough for them. 6 is where they stop.

Board Walker
The duo clears

Although I think it would have been better if you made it Current Red Hood (super powered), and Night wing.

Flyattractor
I would say it stops at 5. I would say Bats or NS could take Elektra but not Mystical Kung Fu Powered Shang. Unless Shang does something really stupid. (And does Ekektra have "powers"?)

abhilegend
Stop at 7

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Stop at 7 ha, that's a good one.

BruceSkywalker
jeez full health each time and full knowledge of the opponent means THEY CLEAR

riv6672
^^^I think they do too. Some of these are the slightest of majorities.

AlmightyKfish
Without the full knowledge I'd say they'd stop at 4, but giving Batman full knowledge of his opponents could mean they potentially clear. I mean, Batman knowing exactly what his opponents are capable of is how he pulls off ridiculous wins against people theoretically far out of his league.

That being said, the order is really weird, Shang Chi and Elektra are probably the hardest team on that list to beat, whereas you could make a fairly convincing argument that Batman could beat Deadpool alone.

Prof. T.C McAbe
If they beat Luke Cage, they clear.

riv6672
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Without the full knowledge I'd say they'd stop at 4, but giving Batman full knowledge of his opponents could mean they potentially clear. I mean, Batman knowing exactly what his opponents are capable of is how he pulls off ridiculous wins against people theoretically far out of his league.

That being said, the order is really weird, Shang Chi and Elektra are probably the hardest team on that list to beat, whereas you could make a fairly convincing argument that Batman could beat Deadpool alone.
Good point(s).
At first i didnt think they'd clear, and was going to point to the order as being kooky.
But then i thought about the OP stips and came to my conclusion.

Juk3n
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Batman with a full compliment of standard gear winning against Shang-Chi, with having full knowledge of Shang is not a particularly hard sell in my opinion. I put Deadpool where he is because if his healing factor and his superhuman stats across the board. You can make a case for batman beating him alone, just not a good one. Deadpool has waltzed through teams with nothing but standard gear, and he gets all that here too.

Of course, feel free to cut/paste the order to how you would all have it. Its this way for me because a lot of it is arguable.

deathslash
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
jeez full health each time and full knowledge of the opponent means THEY CLEAR no, they're not. The knowledge goes both ways. BP and Moon Knight knowing exactly what they're facing equals out to a very bad loss for the batman team.

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
no, they're not. The knowledge goes both ways. BP and Moon Knight knowing exactly what they're facing equals out to a very bad loss for the batman team.
Nope.

Contrary to what you think Panther isn't some unbeatable god.

thumb up

Khazra Reborn
Even without full knowledge, the Bats still clear, just via superior teamwork. Some of these mooks barely know eachother, Bruce and Dick have been kicking assess since before Dick could drive. Giving them full knowledge of their opponents, AND whatever gear they might need is over kill.

Dream Stuff
The Bats have a fighting chance at clearing, do to the fact they they work well together with many practiced strategies against these kinds of ooponents and start off each round with an implausibly large armory of grenades and esoterics.

That said, a lot of these figts are teasingly close. (5, 6, 7) and Spider-man at his best could possibly just blitz them before they can start throwing equalizers from their belts.

deathslash
Nope.

Contrary to what you think Panther isn't some unbeatable god.

thumb up contrary to your belief, panther has superior stats and weapons and moon knight is tough enough to keep one of them pinned down long enough for panther to finish off the other.

shadowknight
The only person that would challenge them is Wolverine because of his Healing. Otherwise they clear it.

BruceSkywalker
no, they're not. The knowledge goes both ways. BP and Moon Knight knowing exactly what they're facing equals out to a very bad loss for the batman team.

lolz .. however batman being prep God while these others aren't gives him and grayson full and total advantage

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Even without full knowledge, the Bats still clear, just via superior teamwork. Some of these mooks barely know eachother, Bruce and Dick have been kicking assess since before Dick could drive. Giving them full knowledge of their opponents, AND whatever gear they might need is over kill.

exactly

Board Walker
It should of been Red Hood and Batman for an even great beat down of this gauntlet.

deathslash
lolz .. however batman being prep God while these others aren't gives him and grayson full and total advantage

exactly none of the combatants have prep time. If Bruce and Grayson are gonna make a plan, it has to be on the fly.

abhilegend
contrary to your belief, panther has superior stats and weapons and moon knight is tough enough to keep one of them pinned down long enough for panther to finish off the other.
No, he doesn't.

Feel free to disagree. Batman beats the shit out of Panther in any kind of fight.

JayDaDon

Batman and Nw are not getting the majority from some of these guys without full knowledge. Its atleast a split on them.

riv6672
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
The Bats have a fighting chance at clearing, do to the fact they they work well together with many practiced strategies against these kinds of ooponents and start off each round with an implausibly large armory of grenades and esoterics.

That said, a lot of these figts are teasingly close. (5, 6, 7) and Spider-man at his best could possibly just blitz them before they can start throwing equalizers from their belts.
Nutshell.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Batman and Nw are not getting the majority from some of these guys without full knowledge. Its atleast a split on them.

The only ones they'd have trouble with, without knowledge are Steve and Bucky, and Spider Man.

jrodslam
Full knowledge both ways? Hard to tell.. Some may have access to other types of tech like S.H.I.E.L.D equipment or something.. Even if Wolvie has the knowledge, is he able to ask for help from one of his friends? Is that allowed?

riv6672
How would that be allowed?

BruceSkywalker
none of the combatants have prep time. If Bruce and Grayson are gonna make a plan, it has to be on the fly.

lol and more lol..

OP states FULL RECOVERY FULL KNOWLEDGE BOTH WAYS..

Originally posted by Juk3n
Ok here goes.

Full standard gear across the board.
Full recovery, full knowledge both ways.

Round one. Crossbones and Bullseye.
Round two. Hawkeye and Black Widow.
Round three. Punisher and Daredevil.
Round four. Mr X andbTaskmaster.
Round five. Shang-Chi and Elektra.
Round six. T'Challa (heart shaped herb) And Moon Knight.
Round seven. Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes.
Round eight. Deadpool.
Round nine. Wolverine.
Round ten. Luke Cage.
Round eleven. Spider-man.

that tells me prep, of course it will tell you something else because you feel Bruce and Grayson lose however they do not...

Originally posted by Dream Stuff

good words

riv6672
Knowledge doesnt equal prep. Prep equals prep.
But
Not my thread
Whatever floats your boat

Blue Area Vet
Bones and Bullseye gut them. Bullseye has the damage soak of Joker with actual combat skill and better aim than Batman. Crossbones can compete almost evenly with Captain America who is superior to both.

Blue Area Vet
No, he doesn't.

Feel free to disagree. Batman beats the shit out of Panther in any kind of fight.

LMAO, Panther would easily disembowel both of them together along with whoever is playing Batgirl.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
LMAO, Panther would easily disembowel both of them together along with whoever is playing Batgirl.
Maybe in your dreams.

Henry_Pym
4 most likely.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by riv6672
Knowledge doesnt equal prep. Prep equals prep.
But
Not my thread
Whatever floats your boat

the only way to gain knowledge about someone is to find things out which means PREP..

Henry_Pym
... It is standard gear, obviously no prep.

deathslash
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
... It is standard gear, obviously no prep. he'll see it as prep no matter how you tell him that he's wrong. No use in arguing with the blind really.

JayDaDon
That brings up the question of how effective can Bats' prep be if he's still limited to standard gear?

riv6672
No one (who read the OP correctly) said he had prep. Just knowledge.
This allows him and NW to use their standard gear to best effect.
Add their team work, thats better than anyone they're up against.

Blue Area Vet
That brings up the question of how effective can Bats' prep be if he's still limited to standard gear?

Exactly. This isn't a prep war. Like I said, they don't make it out of round one. People need to stop rooting for the symbol. Superior aim and superior strength, just as tough. Crossbones and Bullseye take them.

JayDaDon
That changes things then. Someone like Spiderman for example, standard gear won't cut it. They would need to prep for him.

Blue Area Vet
Bones is a 6'4", 290 pound skilled ringer who has matched strength with Captain America at times. Batman can't beat everyone and Crossbones is one of them he can't beat.

Khazra Reborn
Bones and Bullseye literally have zero chance. They'll spend more time fighting eachother and arguing, than trying to beat the bats.

deathslash
Bones and Bullseye literally have zero chance. They'll spend more time fighting eachother and arguing, than trying to beat the bats. doubtful. They're both hardcore killers who've been put in this fight for the sole purpose of trying to kill batman and his protege. They may not like each other, but they know each other's strong and weak points and will likely adjust to compensate for them. Their teamwork won't be the best, but they will definitely have their priorities straight (trying to kill team batman and fighting later). I'm not saying that they win, but they won't be at each other's throats while bruce and Dick pummel them into the ground.

JayDaDon
Bullseye and Crossbone are two professionals not two bumbling z-listers.

Blue Area Vet
Bullseye and Crossbone are two professionals not two bumbling z-listers.

Thank you. Captain America and Daredevil rogues the last I checked. The Bat aura doesn't apply. 6/10 to Bones and Eye.

Khazra Reborn
Ya'll are out of your minds if you actually think that Crossbones and Bullseye can beat two of the best impromptu tacticians in comics, that have been working together for literally 75% of Grayson's life.

Bones and BE are so volatile, Bruce and Dick could probably talk them into beating eachother.

BruceSkywalker
he'll see it as prep no matter how you tell him that he's wrong. No use in arguing with the blind really.

then you and everybody else needs to learn to read a god damn batman comic book... standard gear is the man's prep

DarkSaint85
What is standard gear, then?

Bentley
Nightwing carries Batman up to seven but then he is unable to overcome the sheer disadvantage of having Bruce on his team.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Bentley
Nightwing carries Batman up to seven but then he is unable to overcome the sheer disadvantage of having Bruce on his team.

thumb up
His handicap's greater than Bucky's.

riv6672
then you and everybody else needs to learn to read a god damn batman comic book... standard gear is the man's prep
That is absurd.
Thats like saying Spider-man's webbing/Iron Man's armor are their prep.

Now, Iron Man in (insert character name) Buster Armor is prep. Not that it usually does him sny good but thats a whole different topic.

relentless1
Batman and Nightwing took down an AMAZO pretty easily, they clear this

Blue Area Vet
Ya'll are out of your minds if you actually think that Crossbones and Bullseye can beat two of the best impromptu tacticians in comics, that have been working together for literally 75% of Grayson's life.

Bones and BE are so volatile, Bruce and Dick could probably talk them into beating eachother.

Working together/familiarity is not a guarantee of success.

abhilegend
Of course it is. Not that Batman needs to strategies for ****ing crossbones and Bullseye.

He would beat the shit out of both single handedly.

Blue Area Vet
Of course it is. Not that Batman needs to strategies for ****ing crossbones and Bullseye.

He would beat the shit out of both single handedly.

No, Crossbones would beat the blood out of Batman personally. Bigger, stronger, tougher and highly skilled. They should have been no lower than second on the list.
Respect Crossbones

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by riv6672
That is absurd.
Thats like saying Spider-man's webbing/Iron Man's armor are their prep.

Now, Iron Man in (insert character name) Buster Armor is prep. Not that it usually does him sny good but thats a whole different topic.

then you have not read any batman comic books.... prep is the man's nature which is part of his standard gear..

No, Crossbones would beat the blood out of Batman personally. Bigger, stronger, tougher and highly skilled. They should have been no lower than second on the list.
Respect Crossbones

more shiite and laughs. batman has faced similar people with these same skill sets and won

Prof. T.C McAbe
Respect Crossbones

laughing out loud

Blue Area Vet
then you have not read any batman comic books.... prep is the man's nature which is part of his standard gear..

more shiite and laughs. batman has faced similar people with these same skill sets and won

And? Crossbones has stalemated Captain America who is flat out superior to Batman. Stop acting like Batman is unbeatable. More popular doesn't mean better. Crossbones is the entire package- strategy, toughness, strength, size, skill and will.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing out loud

So you read the thread, or you just felt like laughing?

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Round 4 is tough for them. Could stop there. Def don't see them getting past 6 tho.

Black Panther would solo them. He's fought and defeated tons of tougher opponents.

DarkSaint85
I wonder where Storm fits in the h2h list of Marvel hmm

http://s5.postimg.org/wykft6atz/esrggo.jpg

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

http://s5.postimg.org/wykft6atz/esrggo.jpg

Wow, a whole panel?

I wonder where you rank in terms of lowball artists? Are you seriously questioning his hand to hand, because there are hundreds of examples of him dominating highly skilled/strong/deadly opponents which represent his average. Hope that was fun for you. Wait, is that Ben Grim ownage?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11121/111213858/4557165-4317611-screen%2Bshot%2B2015-01-08%2Bat%2B12_10_33%2Bpm.jpg

SasuOna
lol BP is only impressive when he's been amped without the HSH amp he's maybe a mid tier MA and a very good tactician

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by SasuOna
lol BP is only impressive when he's been amped without the HSH amp he's maybe a mid tier MA and a very good tactician

He doesn't need an amp and he's been a complete beast since literally his first appearance. Do some research. Here, I'll get you started. Here is what a non-amped BP did decades ago, something Bruce couldn't dream of:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/7604/685839-jungle_action___black_panther__014___19.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111122629/3701179-5379317654-25713.jpg

There's your superior strength, skill, toughness, agility all rolled into two panels. Now, are you impressed?

JayDaDon

Again, two proffesionals, not mentally challenged 6 year olds.

riv6672
Not only have i READ Batman comic books, i actually UNDERSTAND them, AND the difference between preperation snd standard gear. Good DAY to you, sir! stick out tongue

Khazra Reborn
He doesn't need an amp and he's been a complete beast since literally his first appearance. Do some research. Here, I'll get you started. Here is what a non-amped BP did decades ago, something Bruce couldn't dream

Bruce couldn't dream of launching a rock at a dinosaurs head? You might want to bone up on your Batman mythos, mate.

Blue Area Vet
Bruce couldn't dream of launching a rock at a dinosaurs head? You might want to bone up on your Batman mythos, mate.

Did you look at how he did it? Sorta relevant to the point. Not, Bruce couldn't dream of pulling off that feat, and this was not a so called "amped" BP.

Khazra Reborn
Did you look at how he did it? Sorta relevant to the point. Not, Bruce couldn't dream of pulling off that feat, and this was not a so called "amped" BP.

So... Bruce can kill White Martians, and brawl with 100 ton bricks, but he can't use a tree as a sling shot?

May I ask what brings you to this conclusion?

Blue Area Vet
So... Bruce can kill White Martians, and brawl with 100 ton bricks, but he can't use a tree as a sling shot?

May I ask what brings you to this conclusion?

Prove what you are claiming using his own power.

deathslash

http://s5.postimg.org/wykft6atz/esrggo.jpg stop trying to start a fight. We both know that he was holding back immensely and that if he was serious, he would have literally ripped her in half.Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

May I ask what brings you to this conclusion? there are thousands of examples of PIS in batman's history. About ninety percent of the characters that he fights miraculously forget how to use their brain or other abilities. Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? Batman dodges punches from superman and suddenly he's capable of doing it all the time, but T'challa puts silver surfer in and armlock and everyone screams bullsh*t?

StiltmanFTW

*image skipped*

Great avi and sig. Make sure to follow Abhiman every thread he goes to, please thumb up

On topic - Storm is a good melee fighter. Without her powers, she fought:

1) Ursa Major. Embarrassed him pretty bad.

2) Cyclops. Beaten him, despite Scottie using his pew-pew blasts.

3) One of Forge's "mutant" abominations -- admittedly, she used a knife, but powerless Emma who's had a fair share of experience in hth thanks to the use of her diamond form, completely retreated from the fight...

4) Srank also mentioned that Crimson Commando (pre-M Day) couldn't beat her. Commando is basically the homo superior version of Captain America.

Blue Area Vet
stop trying to start a fight. We both know that he was holding back immensely and that if he was serious, he would have literally ripped her in half. there are thousands of examples of PIS in batman's history. About ninety percent of the characters that he fights miraculously forget how to use their brain or other abilities. Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? Batman dodges punches from superman and suddenly he's capable of doing it all the time, but T'challa puts silver surfer in and armlock and everyone screams bullsh*t?

Exactly. Batman does the equivalent of the BP armbar on regular, yet he receives nothing but support. Face it, the Batman bias is like no other and that includes Superman. You can be faster, stronger, more skilled, smarter, richer, have a better fighting record and it doesn't mean a thing. Batman fans make these posts simply to jerk off to. The don't take any opponent seriously. I learned today Batman = a White Martian.

abhilegend
Respect Crossbones
You don't say.

DarkSaint85
stop trying to start a fight. We both know that he was holding back immensely and that if he was serious, he would have literally ripped her in half. there are thousands of examples of PIS in batman's history. About ninety percent of the characters that he fights miraculously forget how to use their brain or other abilities. Seriously, what is wrong with some of you? Batman dodges punches from superman and suddenly he's capable of doing it all the time, but T'challa puts silver surfer in and armlock and everyone screams bullsh*t?

At what point does it stop being PIS, and his average, though? Like you yourself said, he has thousands of examples. You brought up one example of T'Challa and Surfer, but when weighed against Bruce's '1000s'.....

I might as well say that Spiderman/Hulk/most of Marvel are all PIS, because radiation does not work that way - it does not give you powers.

But guess what, comics have shown that they do. Multiple instances of it.

So if we use 'real life' physics and biology to apply to Batman ('Hahaha he's ONLY human!') then should we not use 'real-life' physics and biology to apply everyone else?

And I brought it that panel up, as I remember BAV bringing up a Deathstroke vs WW fight as proof of her having relatively mediocre reflexes. Strange how he has excuses for some characters, but not others.

DarkSaint85
is a completely fictional that exists in comics. Although fictional, has properties just like real world . has , , etc.

However, despite being just a , they have abilities FAR beyond what I have seen. No can do the things can do. Comic writers have taken the properties of , and ramped them up to the nth degree. is harder/tougher/stronger than any mere can ever be.

Therefore, despite all the showings that has, I will reject them, because is just a .

That last sentence is the crucial bit. We're not talking about one-offs. You yourself talk about the 1000s of showings he has showcasing his victories. If I were to approach adamantium from the perspective of a material scientist, then I would just reject it for PIS reasons.

riv6672
^^^thats an interesting post, thanks for that.thumb up

Blue Area Vet
At what point does it stop being PIS, and his average, though? Like you yourself said, he has thousands of examples. You brought up one example of T'Challa and Surfer, but when weighed against Bruce's '1000s'.....

I might as well say that Spiderman/Hulk/most of Marvel are all PIS, because radiation does not work that way - it does not give you powers.

But guess what, comics have shown that they do. Multiple instances of it.

So if we use 'real life' physics and biology to apply to Batman ('Hahaha he's ONLY human!') then should we not use 'real-life' physics and biology to apply everyone else?

And I brought it that panel up, as I remember BAV bringing up a Deathstroke vs WW fight as proof of her having relatively mediocre reflexes. Strange how he has excuses for some characters, but not others.

That's not what PIS is.

And no you don't remember me making that argument concerning Wonder Woman. I never once said or suggested that she doesn't have top tier reflexes. The point in that scenario is that for whatever reason, she didn't display or use her top tier reflexes which is oft the case with Heralds with super speed and super reflexes. Stop twisting things for your own benefit.

Blue Area Vet
is a completely fictional that exists in comics. Although fictional, has properties just like real world . has , , etc.

However, despite being just a , they have abilities FAR beyond what I have seen. No can do the things can do. Comic writers have taken the properties of , and ramped them up to the nth degree. is harder/tougher/stronger than any mere can ever be.

Therefore, despite all the showings that has, I will reject them, because is just a .

That last sentence is the crucial bit. We're not talking about one-offs. You yourself talk about the 1000s of showings he has showcasing his victories. If I were to approach adamantium from the perspective of a material scientist, then I would just reject it for PIS reasons.

Once again, that is NOT PIS. Your understanding of plot induced stupidity is non-existent. It has nothing to do with the starting point of a characters powers. It has everything to do with powers being ignored or dumbed down for the benefit of the PLOT. For you to bring up the powers themselves and how they originated let's everyone know you have no concept of PIS.

DarkSaint85
I'll just humor you, BAV, with a post.

Physics, biology and chemistry are all jobbing for the sake of the plot, so that a mere called can rise above the other and thus, be stronger/faster/tougher than anything else.

Therefore, as per forum rules, physics/chemistry/biology are being jobbed, for the sake of the plot - the definition of PIS.

StiltmanFTW
Adamantium doesn't have a melting point.

And Storm is a melee fighter pro enough to challenge powerless Panther.

What's your progress on driving abhi mad?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Adamantium doesn't have a melting point.

And Storm is a melee fighter pro enough to challenge powerless Panther.

What's your progress on driving abhi mad?

Does it not? I thought that's when you FIRST work it, it is in liquid form - and you had to keep it liquid. That would be its melting point. Afterwards, then it becomes solid and then never has one again.

BP was lucky she didn't kill him. Proof of her superiority thumb up

Driving? He already was.

StiltmanFTW
Does it not? I thought that's when you FIRST work it, it is in liquid form - and you had to keep it liquid. That would be its melting point. Afterwards, then it becomes solid and then never has one again.

Yes, correct. Just making sure you remembered about the underlined part stick out tongue

BP was lucky she didn't kill him. Proof of her superiority thumb up

laughing out loud

She didn't use her tiara, did she? While not as deadly as that of Wonder Woman, it can and has been used as a throwing weapon.

Driving? He already was.

Heh, true.

DarkSaint85
Yes, correct. Just making sure you remembered about the underlined part stick out tongue

laughing out loud

She didn't use her tiara, did she? While not as deadly as that of Wonder Woman, it can and has been used as a throwing weapon.

Heh, true.

Wonder how they got his claws so sharp. Stalactites, for example, are formed by drips of water carrying microscopic mineral particles which are deposited molecule by molecule - IOW, as sharp as you'd get. They are hardly Logan-esque.

If I dripped paint, or wax, and it solidified, it would never get that sharp.

You COULD say it was bonded to his claws - but his claws aren't shaped like that.

With regards to Storm, had she used her tiara, Shuri would be the only BP left thumb up

Blue Area Vet
I'll just humor you, BAV, with a post.

Physics, biology and chemistry are all jobbing for the sake of the plot, so that a mere called can rise above the other and thus, be stronger/faster/tougher than anything else.

Therefore, as per forum rules, physics/chemistry/biology are being jobbed, for the sake of the plot - the definition of PIS.

Do you remember saying this?

A character's origin cannot be PIS. Maybe you got carried away. PIS is a made up term pertaining to a character not performing to normal standards in a fight with another character to preserve a plot. A character's origin is simply not PIS. Comic book physics is not PIS.

If you want and example of PIS, ironically, a great example is the BP Storm fight.

Blue Area Vet
Wonder how they got his claws so sharp. Stalactites, for example, are formed by drips of water carrying microscopic mineral particles which are deposited molecule by molecule - IOW, as sharp as you'd get. They are hardly Logan-esque.

You COULD say it was bonded to his claws - but his claws aren't shaped like that.

With regards to Storm, had she used her tiara, Shuri would be the only BP left thumb up

They were made from a mold like any other metal.

StiltmanFTW

Also wondered about it. We were never given any details.

Weapon X - excluding the real mastermind hiding in the shadows (Apocalypse? Romulus?) - had no idea about Logan being a mutant.

Yet Wolverine said that his claws were *somehow* honed so keen they could cut through anything. Handbooks describe the adamantium-bonding process as "enhancing the already razor sharp edge of the claws". The only thing Weapon X-ers did for Logan's claws was installing the penetration slots made out of surgical stainless steel.

I guess it's just one of those little comic things we just accept and move on...

DarkSaint85
Also wondered about it. We were never given any details...

...I guess it's just one of those little comic things we just accept and move on...

They were made from a mold like any other metal.

Stilt, you just got schooled by BAV. He is now the foremost Logan expert here.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

JayDaDon
Also wondered about it. We were never given any details.

Weapon X - excluding the real mastermind hiding in the shadows (Apocalypse? Romulus?) - had no idea about Logan being a mutant.

Yet Wolverine said that his claws were *somehow* honed so keen they could cut through anything. Handbooks describe the adamantium-bonding process as "enhancing the already razor sharp edge of the claws". The only thing Weapon X-ers did for Logan's claws was installing the penetration slots made out of surgical stainless steel.

I guess it's just one of those little comic things we just accept and move on...

Are those "penetration slots" those silver things between his knuckles? Does he still have those? It would make sense to have those to keep his blades from ripping through the back of his hands.

StiltmanFTW
Are those "penetration slots" those silver things between his knuckles?

Yes.

Does he still have those?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no... after the FOX films and the whole Bone Claw "era", generally not. But his gloves often have them attached.

Some artists/writers still choose to have the metal sheathes inside Wolverine's forearms, the way it was originally intended.

It would make sense to have those to keep his blades from ripping through the back of his hands.

Exactly. That was the whole point behind them.

SamZED
I thought they gave up on those slots decades ago and only brought them back for TAS so that kids won't freak out when blades penetrate his skin. Then some artists started drawing them again out of pure nostalgia. I remember reading a bio (a shield bio I think) where they specifically stated that claws come out through his skin. I could be wrong though.

DarkSaint85
They'd presumably have to be adamantium as well, if the claws are scraping them all day every day...

Surtur
Wait how are they taking out the hilariously faster and stronger Spider-Man via "team work" ?

JayDaDon
Originally posted by SamZED
I thought they gave up on those slots decades ago and only brought them back for TAS so that kids won't freak out when blades penetrate his skin. Then some artists started drawing them again out of pure nostalgia. I remember reading a bio (a shield bio I think) where they specifically stated that claws come out through his skin. I could be wrong though.

I feel like i remember seeing some artist renditions showing a small bar inbetween his wristbones to keep the blades in place.

MaZeRaIII
They stop at 5.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.