WHO SURVIVES THE SILVER SURFER'S COMICBOOK HISTORY ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
( The Silver Surfer ) The character was created by Jack Kirby, and first appeared in the comic book Fantastic Four #48, published in 1966. The Silver Surfer is a humanoid with metallic skin who can travel space with the aid of his surfboard-like craft. Originally a young astronomer named Norrin Radd on the planet Zenn-La, he saved his homeworld from the planet devourer, Galactus, by serving as his herald.

Imbued in return with a tiny portion of Galactus's Power Cosmic, Radd acquired vast power, a new body and a surfboard-like craft on which he could travel faster than light. Now known as the Silver Surfer, Radd roamed the cosmos searching for planets for Galactus to consume. When his travels took him to Earth, he met the Fantastic Four, a team of powerful superheroes who helped him rediscover his humanity and nobility of spirit. Betraying Galactus, the Surfer saved Earth but was exiled there as punishment.

Dcnu..
Pre.Darksied war

So my question to you all is who on this list can clear the Silver Surfer's comicbook history from A to Z ? From the start of his first appearance to currently? Or if not where does the said Superhero stop in the Silver Surfer's comicbook history in ur own opinion?

The said players are as followed here below..
A side note.. Non of the 6 below get the power cosmic. They must use only there own power-set.

G.L Hal
Nova Prime
Superman
Cls.Thor
M.Manhunter
Black Bolt

Sin I AM
Yea.since everything is plot dependent

ShadowFyre
Thor, Nova, and Hal have the best chance. But none of them have a 100% chance of clearing this due to plot and powerset. So Ill just go who has best to worst chance.

Thor 80% ( mjolnir can do everything Surfer can, but Thor lacks the mental tp powers that Surfer has used)

Hal 70% (ring is versatile enough but lacking, and he is just lacking a lot of the power that surfer can bring.

Nova (60-65%, just not powerful enough).

Manhunter 50% ( Manhunter should be at top of list, but being afraid of fire and his general jobbiness makes him do poorly here, one of my fav dc character to. Sad)

Blackbolt 0% ( just doesent have the powerset to do this.)

Superman 0% ( he has 3 attacks, hv, punch, and punch faster, he might be the strongest one here but he will be facing people that automatically know his weakness and can create it out of thin air, no mental powers or versatility to speak of, he simply cant do some of the things required.

So none of them should be able to fully do it due to powerset. Thor, Hal and Nova are the only ones here that could even be considered as versatile as Surfer. Supes is strong but he cant punch his way out of everything.

Surtur
To be fair Superman has more then 3 attacks..he has freeze breath too. So 4, lol.

Also maybe if he got close to you and looked at you for a really long time with his x-ray vision you might get cancer?

SquallX
Like Sin said, it's all about plot.

Pretty Sure Surfer died a few times, got a few power up and help from either someone else, or an artifact.

Stoic
Unless any of these characters are able to survive being diced into pieces and reforming themselves, none of the above.

Supermex
Originally posted by SquallX
Like Sin said, it's all about plot.

Pretty Sure Surfer died a few times, got a few power up and help from either someone else, or an artifact.

I agree, but whatever help SS got the others would get here as well

Supermex
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor, Nova, and Hal have the best chance. But none of them have a 100% chance of clearing this due to plot and powerset. So Ill just go who has best to worst chance.

Thor 80% ( mjolnir can do everything Surfer can, but Thor lacks the mental tp powers that Surfer has used)

Hal 70% (ring is versatile enough but lacking, and he is just lacking a lot of the power that surfer can bring.

Manhunter 50% ( Manhunter should be at top of list, but being afraid of fire and his general jobbiness makes him do poorly here, one of my fav dc character to. Sad)

Superman 0% ( he has 3 attacks, hv, punch, and punch faster, he might be the strongest one here but he will be facing people that automatically know his weakness and can create it out of thin air, no mental powers or versatility to speak of, he simply cant do some of the things required.

So none of them should be able to fully do it due to powerset. Thor, Hal and Nova are the only ones here that could even be considered as versatile as Surfer. Supes is strong but he cant punch his way out of everything.

Nice breakdown

I would think Black Bolt would be more up top on the list due to his versatility

krisblaze

laughing

Genii96
Thor has the best chance out of anyone,but can't make it through,

Stoic
Originally posted by Genii96
Thor has the best chance out of anyone,but can't make it through,

None of them can make it through due to the Surfer's physical or energetic composition. This really has less to do with versatility and more to do with him being the right character for a particular job. Superman, Thor, and J'onn can boast as loud in their own respects as well. If Sentry's Void persona were in this, I'd say he'd be able to survive the Surfer's history minus the Mephisto run ins.

krisblaze
^Are you implying that Thor won't handle Mephisto?

Because Mephisto happens to be his speciality.

Surtur
Originally posted by krisblaze

This sounds awfully dirty.

Stoic

Nope. That's Thor's strong suit. Let's see how he does cut into several pieces though.

krisblaze
^That didn't actually happen.

I thought that myth was debunked ages ago.

Read the issue.

Stoic
^That didn't actually happen.

I thought that myth was debunked ages ago.

Read the issue.

Wait let's make sure that we are both on the same page here. Are you saying that the Surfer was never dissected by a laser? That was the instance that I am referring to. Void would be able to survive something like that, while none of these guys on the list would. However I also realize that Superman, Thor, and J'onn to a lesser extent have tools that the Surfer does not. So mind telling me if we are on the same page here?

krisblaze
He was inside gigo's computer or something.

Surfer #24

Stoic
He was inside gigo's computer or something.

Surfer #24

I haven't read the book in a very long time, but he was still cut to pieces. That happened if I not correct, and he survived the encounter. Does the location change the situation? Sorry I don't get it, plus like I said it's been a very long time since I read the book.

DarkSaint85
I KNOW OP said DCnU - but DCU MMH was able to regenerate from a splat on the side of a volcano:

http://i.imgur.com/piIARIv.png

krisblaze
The Surfer is inside a computer program when it's happening.

It doesn't prevent his body from functioning in any way either.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I KNOW OP said DCnU - but DCU MMH was able to regenerate from a splat on the side of a volcano:

http://i.imgur.com/piIARIv.png

So now how does he do against Morg, Khoon, Mephisto, or Reptyl?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yea.since everything is plot dependent

Stoic
Exactly. But to add to it, power set often plays a huge part of what character can get the job done.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Supermex
Nice breakdown

I would think Black Bolt would be more up top on the list due to his versatility

Thank you, I may have been unfair to these two. But blackbolt can scream and punch and supposed matter manipulation right? I cant remember him ever doing it though.

Supes I guess could clear it if it was set in his universe where he can do things like punch his own death and be immune to source etc...

Superman actually loses a lot of awesomeness outside his universe.

One Big Mob
Thank you, I may have been unfair to these two. But blackbolt can scream and punch and supposed matter manipulation right? I cant remember him ever doing it though.

Supes I guess could clear it if it was set in his universe where he can do things like punch his own death and be immune to source etc...

Superman actually loses a lot of awesomeness outside his universe. Superman is literally powered by his universe. Yellows suns don't work that way in Marvel. The first time Thing punches him ends up with Thing in jail for manslaughter.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Stoic
Exactly. But to add to it, power set often plays a huge part of what character can get the job done.

Not really

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not really

No? So I guess you'd send Batman to clear a building about to be flooded with toxic gas instead of the Flash. Interesting that you disagree.

abhilegend

Contrary of what you think, Superman does punch his way out of everything.

Let's just compare the opponents Superman goes against compared to who Surfer goes against.
I can guarantee you that Superman's rogues will be more powerful.

I haven't read the book in a very long time, but he was still cut to pieces. That happened if I not correct, and he survived the encounter. Does the location change the situation? Sorry I don't get it, plus like I said it's been a very long time since I read the book.
Surfer was not cut into pieces. A tesseract separated Superman into pieces as well in JLA 80.

He was just fine.

abhilegend

Superman actually loses a lot of awesomeness outside his universe.
Yeah, punching abstract things doesn't work in marvel. Right hulk?

Oh wait!

Supermex
( Black Bolts ) Powers and Abilities

Cosmic Awareness

Black Bolt later manifested Cosmic Awareness. This ability allows him an omnipresence consciousness to know exactly what he feels he needs to know at any given moment. This could range from what his current location is to discovering an opponents weakness, to cosmic threats in the universe. This first appeared in FF #18 - What Do You Call the Opposite of a Field Trip?

Ambient Particle & Electron Harnessing

Black Bolt's primary superhuman ability is the power to harness free floating electrons. The speech center of his brain contains a unique organic mechanism that's able to generate an unknown particle that interacts with the electrons he absorbs to create certain phenomena that are determined by his mental control.

Quasi-Sonic Scream

Sonic Scream
Black Bolt's most devastating offensive weapon, and one of these phenomena based upon the particle interaction, is his actual voice. A whisper can level a city, cause distant dormant volcanoes to become active once more, and generate tremors on the far side of the planet. A hyper-sonic shout has been said to generate enough force to destroy planets. Due to the constant and extreme danger posed by his voice, he has undergone rigorous mental training to prevent himself from uttering even the smallest sound, even while asleep.

Recently it has been shown that Black Bolt's scream is tied into his emotions, especially anger. This in turn would mean that the power of his scream would depend on his emotional state in at least some way. It would explain the fluctuation of the power released by his quasi-sonic scream. While at ease, a spoken word from Black Bolt has destroyed mountain ranges in the past, but while under more strenuous circumstances, it was stated that a single word would be capable of annihilating half a planet.

Particle & Electron Channeling

Black Bolt wears a metallic, fork-shaped antenna upon his brow that allows him to focus and channel his powers in more directed and less destructive ways. This antenna monitor's the speech center of his brain and allows him to direct quantities of the unknown particles to create controlled phenomena, such as enhancing his physical strength beyond his normal limits. He can also channel all the available energy he has into one arm for a single, massively powerful punch called the "Master Blow". The exertion from this, however, taxes his ability to employ the energy to its limit and leaves him somewhat vulnerable for a time.

Particle & Electron Manipulation

Black Bolt can also direct the unknown particle outwards without the use of his vocal chords. He can route the particles through his arms and create small yet very powerful blasts of concussive force. He can also form a field of highly active electrons around his body with a wave of his hand. This field can deflect projectiles up to the mass of a large meteor. Black Bolt can also create enough iteration between the electron and particle energies to generate fields solid enough for him to travel over.

Matter & Energy Manipulation

Through an unknown method, Black Bolt has shown numerous times that he has the ability to manipulate matter and energy to an unknown degree. He has shown the ability to transmute the elements, such as water into ice by re-arranging the molecular structure. He has destroyed a Solar Flare powerful enough to annihilate the Earth.

One hell of a power-set..

Sin I AM
No? So I guess you'd send Batman to clear a building about to be flooded with toxic gas instead of the Flash. Interesting that you disagree.

Yea and hed be just as effective

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by abhilegend
Contrary of what you think, Superman does punch his way out of everything.

Let's just compare the opponents Superman goes against compared to who Surfer goes against.
I can guarantee you that Superman's rogues will be more powerful.

Surfer was not cut into pieces. A tesseract separated Superman into pieces as well in JLA 80.

He was just fine.

I never said anything about power. I do believe I made a comment about Superman being the strongest, but his particular powerset and tactics would not work for some of these fights and the amps surfer got for them Supes couldnt do shit. If this had been Eradicator, Cyborg Supes, I would have probably put them up there with Mjolnir.

I originally thought MM cleared it potentially. But this is dcnu and he kinda sucks. So I dont think anyone here clears it. And I dont think anyone here can do the things Supes has done in his necessarilly. ( Thor would bang Lois tho).

Magnon
Heroes find a way. Superman clears this.

krisblaze
this is silly.

Superman and Thor have far too much integrity to serve the being who destroyed their homeworld.

Only the Surfer and Manjobber are pussy enough.

Mindship
Superman 0% ( he has 3 attacks, hv, punch, and punch faster, he might be the strongest one here but he will be facing people that automatically know his weakness and can create it out of thin air, no mental powers or versatility to speak of, he simply cant do some of the things required.Superman does have a more limited powerset, but he makes excellent use of it. Historically he has been much more creative with his powers than Surfer or Thor, imho. Those guys are so versatile they're very often gimped by PIS/CIS to keep a story going.
Supes is strong but he cant punch his way out of everything. I believe he once said that if he hits anything long enough, it eventually breaks apart. happy

As for getting through Surfer's history: I think Superman bests whatever needs being beaten up or destroyed. But I could see healing/creation-type stuff (eg, evolving a planet's biosphere) giving him pause.

abhilegend
I never said anything about power. I do believe I made a comment about Superman being the strongest, but his particular powerset and tactics would not work for some of these fights and the amps surfer got for them Supes couldnt do shit. If this had been Eradicator, Cyborg Supes, I would have probably put them up there with Mjolnir.

I originally thought MM cleared it potentially. But this is dcnu and he kinda sucks. So I dont think anyone here clears it. And I dont think anyone here can do the things Supes has done in his necessarilly. ( Thor would bang Lois tho).
His powerset doesn't gives him much problem in the comics if you haven't noticed.

Like I said Superman faces and beats foes Surfer can only dream about facing. Let alone beating.

krisblaze
His powerset doesn't gives him much problem in the comics if you haven't noticed.

Like I said Superman faces and beats foes Surfer can only dream about facing. Let alone beating.
Name these foes that Superman beats using nothing more than his powers.

Foes that the Surfer could not only dream of beating, but not even dream of facing.

abhilegend
Name these foes that Superman beats using nothing more than his powers.

Foes that the Surfer could not only dream of beating, but not even dream of facing.
Dominus for starters.

thumb up

krisblaze
Dominus for starters.

thumb up
I don't see how Surfer couldn't just bullshit out a win against Dominus.

Though it's certainly an argument for Superman having more esoteric abilities thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.