KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » WHO SURVIVES THE SILVER SURFER'S COMICBOOK HISTORY ?

WHO SURVIVES THE SILVER SURFER'S COMICBOOK HISTORY ?
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

WHO SURVIVES THE SILVER SURFER'S COMICBOOK HISTORY ?

( The Silver Surfer ) The character was created by Jack Kirby, and first appeared in the comic book Fantastic Four #48, published in 1966. The Silver Surfer is a humanoid with metallic skin who can travel space with the aid of his surfboard-like craft. Originally a young astronomer named Norrin Radd on the planet Zenn-La, he saved his homeworld from the planet devourer, Galactus, by serving as his herald.

Imbued in return with a tiny portion of Galactus's Power Cosmic, Radd acquired vast power, a new body and a surfboard-like craft on which he could travel faster than light. Now known as the Silver Surfer, Radd roamed the cosmos searching for planets for Galactus to consume. When his travels took him to Earth, he met the Fantastic Four, a team of powerful superheroes who helped him rediscover his humanity and nobility of spirit. Betraying Galactus, the Surfer saved Earth but was exiled there as punishment.

Dcnu..
Pre.Darksied war

So my question to you all is who on this list can clear the Silver Surfer's comicbook history from A to Z ? From the start of his first appearance to currently? Or if not where does the said Superhero stop in the Silver Surfer's comicbook history in ur own opinion?

The said players are as followed here below..
A side note.. Non of the 6 below get the power cosmic. They must use only there own power-set.

G.L Hal
Nova Prime
Superman
Cls.Thor
M.Manhunter
Black Bolt

Last edited by Supermex on Feb 21st, 2016 at 02:32 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 02:24 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Yea.since everything is plot dependent

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 05:42 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Thor, Nova, and Hal have the best chance. But none of them have a 100% chance of clearing this due to plot and powerset. So Ill just go who has best to worst chance.

Thor 80% ( mjolnir can do everything Surfer can, but Thor lacks the mental tp powers that Surfer has used)

Hal 70% (ring is versatile enough but lacking, and he is just lacking a lot of the power that surfer can bring.

Nova (60-65%, just not powerful enough).

Manhunter 50% ( Manhunter should be at top of list, but being afraid of fire and his general jobbiness makes him do poorly here, one of my fav dc character to. Sad)

Blackbolt 0% ( just doesent have the powerset to do this.)

Superman 0% ( he has 3 attacks, hv, punch, and punch faster, he might be the strongest one here but he will be facing people that automatically know his weakness and can create it out of thin air, no mental powers or versatility to speak of, he simply cant do some of the things required.

So none of them should be able to fully do it due to powerset. Thor, Hal and Nova are the only ones here that could even be considered as versatile as Surfer. Supes is strong but he cant punch his way out of everything.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 06:56 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

To be fair Superman has more then 3 attacks..he has freeze breath too. So 4, lol.

Also maybe if he got close to you and looked at you for a really long time with his x-ray vision you might get cancer?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 07:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Like Sin said, it's all about plot.

Pretty Sure Surfer died a few times, got a few power up and help from either someone else, or an artifact.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 07:34 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Unless any of these characters are able to survive being diced into pieces and reforming themselves, none of the above.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 07:56 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Like Sin said, it's all about plot.

Pretty Sure Surfer died a few times, got a few power up and help from either someone else, or an artifact.

I agree, but whatever help SS got the others would get here as well

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 07:56 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Thor, Nova, and Hal have the best chance. But none of them have a 100% chance of clearing this due to plot and powerset. So Ill just go who has best to worst chance.

Thor 80% ( mjolnir can do everything Surfer can, but Thor lacks the mental tp powers that Surfer has used)

Hal 70% (ring is versatile enough but lacking, and he is just lacking a lot of the power that surfer can bring.

Nova (60-65%, just not powerful enough).

Manhunter 50% ( Manhunter should be at top of list, but being afraid of fire and his general jobbiness makes him do poorly here, one of my fav dc character to. Sad)

Superman 0% ( he has 3 attacks, hv, punch, and punch faster, he might be the strongest one here but he will be facing people that automatically know his weakness and can create it out of thin air, no mental powers or versatility to speak of, he simply cant do some of the things required.

So none of them should be able to fully do it due to powerset. Thor, Hal and Nova are the only ones here that could even be considered as versatile as Surfer. Supes is strong but he cant punch his way out of everything.

Nice breakdown

I would think Black Bolt would be more up top on the list due to his versatility

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 07:58 PM
krisblaze

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

laughing

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:00 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Thor has the best chance out of anyone,but can't make it through,

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:03 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Genii96
Thor has the best chance out of anyone,but can't make it through,

None of them can make it through due to the Surfer's physical or energetic composition. This really has less to do with versatility and more to do with him being the right character for a particular job. Superman, Thor, and J'onn can boast as loud in their own respects as well. If Sentry's Void persona were in this, I'd say he'd be able to survive the Surfer's history minus the Mephisto run ins.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:12 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^Are you implying that Thor won't handle Mephisto?

Because Mephisto happens to be his speciality.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:32 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by krisblaze

This sounds awfully dirty.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Nope. That's Thor's strong suit. Let's see how he does cut into several pieces though.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:39 PM
krisblaze

^That didn't actually happen.

I thought that myth was debunked ages ago.

Read the issue.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:41 PM
Stoic
Avenger

^That didn't actually happen.

I thought that myth was debunked ages ago.

Read the issue.

Wait let's make sure that we are both on the same page here. Are you saying that the Surfer was never dissected by a laser? That was the instance that I am referring to. Void would be able to survive something like that, while none of these guys on the list would. However I also realize that Superman, Thor, and J'onn to a lesser extent have tools that the Surfer does not. So mind telling me if we are on the same page here?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:48 PM
krisblaze

He was inside gigo's computer or something.

Surfer #24

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:52 PM
Stoic
Avenger

He was inside gigo's computer or something.

Surfer #24

I haven't read the book in a very long time, but he was still cut to pieces. That happened if I not correct, and he survived the encounter. Does the location change the situation? Sorry I don't get it, plus like I said it's been a very long time since I read the book.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:57 PM
DarkSaint85

I KNOW OP said DCnU - but DCU MMH was able to regenerate from a splat on the side of a volcano:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:58 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

The Surfer is inside a computer program when it's happening.

It doesn't prevent his body from functioning in any way either.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 09:03 PM