Venom spinoff Announced

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/spiderman-spinoff-venom-screenwriter-1201723111/

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/sonys-venom-taps-writer-for-new-film-potential-franchise

I'm looking forward to this as I've been a huge fan of Venom, since seeing him in the Nineties cartoon growing up. What are your thoughts on the justice Sony can do to this character? Do you think the film will warrant its own franchise?

Esau Cairn
Emo Venom: His teenage angst years.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Emo Venom: His teenage angst years.

Back on that lonely planet being picked on by all the other symbiote's

CPT Space Bomb
This is actually a TERRIBLE idea. Sony can't even make good Spider-man movies....how do they expect to make a good Venom movie....horrible.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
This is actually a TERRIBLE idea. Sony can't even make good Spider-man movies....how do they expect to make a good Venom movie....horrible.

thumb up

Kazenji
Shame Disney/Venom can't just revoke the rights Sony has.

quanchi112
At this point why not.

Darth Thor
Well it's apparently going to have nothing to do with the MCU and Tom Holland Spider-Man.

So why not give it a shot? Has to be better than that Topher Grace Venom Lol

playa1258
Disney needs to throw whatever money it takes to get the Spider-man rights completely back.

Sony pulled some shit with the release of the second Civil War trailer. They did not want their Ghostbusters trailer to be overshadowed.

Sony is going to be pain in the ass for Disney/Marvel to deal with.

Inhuman
I dont get how a Venom movie can be made that has nothing to do with Spiderman.
Without Spiderman there is no Venom.

quanchi112
Oh relax.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by playa1258

Sony is going to be pain in the ass for Disney/Marvel to deal with.

Maybe but it's a deal that's costing Marvel/Disney nothing.

Also Sony's not going to want to mess this Marvel deal up.

jinXed by JaNx
Not sure why I should care. I have yet to see the newest incarnation of Spider-Man. So until I see a good portrayal of venom in a Spider-Man movie, I don't care.

quanchi112
I always liked Venom a lot more than Spiderman anyways.

Kazenji
Carnage is also good in a crazy psychopathic way.

Arachnid1
I would love an R rated Venom movie just to see him face off against Carnage. Could you imagine the absolute brutality of it?

I think it has potential. It would also serve to hype the hell out of me for his eventual encounter with Spiderman in the new Marvel Spiderman movies, since they'd both have background.

Inhuman
I like Venom and Carnage as much as anyone.

Im just saying how are they going to make this movie having nothing to do with Spiderman?

The Costume/Symbiote has to come from somewhere.
Venom is a villain before he becomes an anti-hero.

All this cannot be portrayed on film without Spiderman.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
I like Venom and Carnage as much as anyone.

Im just saying how are they going to make this movie having nothing to do with Spiderman?

The Costume/Symbiote has to come from somewhere.
Venom is a villain before he becomes an anti-hero.

All this cannot be portrayed on film without Spiderman. Yeah, you're right. Its not like Spideys encountered the symbiote yet either, since he's not Spidey yet

I'm not sure how they'll pull it off. After credits scene in the solo Spidey movie maybe? Or maybe they'll start off the reboots with Venom and then put out his movie

Robtard
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I would love an R rated Venom movie just to see him face off against Carnage. Could you imagine the absolute brutality of it?

I think it has potential. It would also serve to hype the hell out of me for his eventual encounter with Spiderman in the new Marvel Spiderman movies, since they'd both have background.

With Deadpool grossing nearly $675,000 WW and becoming one of only three R-rated films to cross the $300,000 mark domestically, it's very possibly Sony is looking at making this R-rated.

edit: Apparently the R-rating has been thrown around

quanchi112
It flopped to me as a film. You loved Deadpool but you also raved about Man of Steel. You're a weird guy.

BruceSkywalker
well since topher grace is returning this will flop lmao

jinXed by JaNx
I still think everyone should be opposed to a venom movie until we're shown that they know how to properly portray venom. The most we've seen from venom in the movie universe is Spider-Man 3 and that's not a venom anyone wants too see helm their own movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.