KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Venom spinoff Announced

Venom spinoff Announced
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Venom spinoff Announced

quote:
Sony is revving up its long-in-development “Spider-Man” spinoff “Venom” that’s intended to turn into its own separate series. Sources confirmed to Variety that Dante Harper is on board to pen the script for the latest installment of the rebooted franchise.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing and overseeing the project whose plot is being kept under wraps. Palak Patel and Eric Fineman will oversee the film for Columbia.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/s...ter-1201723111/

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ntial-franchise

I'm looking forward to this as I've been a huge fan of Venom, since seeing him in the Nineties cartoon growing up. What are your thoughts on the justice Sony can do to this character? Do you think the film will warrant its own franchise?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 06:15 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Emo Venom: His teenage angst years.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 07:09 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Emo Venom: His teenage angst years.

Back on that lonely planet being picked on by all the other symbiote's

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 07:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

This is actually a TERRIBLE idea. Sony can't even make good Spider-man movies....how do they expect to make a good Venom movie....horrible.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 03:04 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
This is actually a TERRIBLE idea. Sony can't even make good Spider-man movies....how do they expect to make a good Venom movie....horrible.

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 5th, 2016 08:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shame Disney/Venom can't just revoke the rights Sony has.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 12:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

At this point why not.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 03:21 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well it's apparently going to have nothing to do with the MCU and Tom Holland Spider-Man.

So why not give it a shot? Has to be better than that Topher Grace Venom Lol

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 03:33 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Disney needs to throw whatever money it takes to get the Spider-man rights completely back.

Sony pulled some shit with the release of the second Civil War trailer. They did not want their Ghostbusters trailer to be overshadowed.

Sony is going to be pain in the ass for Disney/Marvel to deal with.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 03:58 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I dont get how a Venom movie can be made that has nothing to do with Spiderman.
Without Spiderman there is no Venom.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 04:06 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Oh relax.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 04:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by playa1258

Sony is going to be pain in the ass for Disney/Marvel to deal with.

Maybe but it's a deal that's costing Marvel/Disney nothing.

Also Sony's not going to want to mess this Marvel deal up.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 07:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Not sure why I should care. I have yet to see the newest incarnation of Spider-Man. So until I see a good portrayal of venom in a Spider-Man movie, I don't care.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 06:46 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I always liked Venom a lot more than Spiderman anyways.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 03:22 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Carnage is also good in a crazy psychopathic way.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 05:43 AM
Arachnid1

I would love an R rated Venom movie just to see him face off against Carnage. Could you imagine the absolute brutality of it?

I think it has potential. It would also serve to hype the hell out of me for his eventual encounter with Spiderman in the new Marvel Spiderman movies, since they'd both have background.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 06:32 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I like Venom and Carnage as much as anyone.

Im just saying how are they going to make this movie having nothing to do with Spiderman?

The Costume/Symbiote has to come from somewhere.
Venom is a villain before he becomes an anti-hero.

All this cannot be portrayed on film without Spiderman.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 07:04 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Inhuman
I like Venom and Carnage as much as anyone.

Im just saying how are they going to make this movie having nothing to do with Spiderman?

The Costume/Symbiote has to come from somewhere.
Venom is a villain before he becomes an anti-hero.

All this cannot be portrayed on film without Spiderman.
Yeah, you're right. Its not like Spideys encountered the symbiote yet either, since he's not Spidey yet

I'm not sure how they'll pull it off. After credits scene in the solo Spidey movie maybe? Or maybe they'll start off the reboots with Venom and then put out his movie

PWNT

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 07:36 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I would love an R rated Venom movie just to see him face off against Carnage. Could you imagine the absolute brutality of it?

I think it has potential. It would also serve to hype the hell out of me for his eventual encounter with Spiderman in the new Marvel Spiderman movies, since they'd both have background.

With Deadpool grossing nearly $675,000 WW and becoming one of only three R-rated films to cross the $300,000 mark domestically, it's very possibly Sony is looking at making this R-rated.

edit: Apparently the R-rating has been thrown around

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 8th, 2016 at 07:52 PM

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 07:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

It flopped to me as a film. You loved Deadpool but you also raved about Man of Steel. You're a weird guy.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 07:43 PM