Classic Cable vs. Judge Dredd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Hand-to-hand only.

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/26147/3647439-cable_by_uncannyknack-d6ppiq21278294152.jpg

vs.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11112/111127013/3520067-0789193609-cover.png

Flyattractor
I take it this is Cable not using his Mutant Powers?

eh... Nothing Dredd hasn't faced before ...even with the TP to be honest.

Even with Cable's Cyborg Arm I could see this going 50/50 at best.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Flyattractor

eh... Nothing Dredd hasn't faced before ...even with the TP to be honest.

Even with Cable's Cyborg Arm I could see this going 50/50 at best.

And Dredd is someone Cable hasn't faced before?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
And Dredd is someone Cable hasn't faced before?

Probably not. Unless you count Cannon Fodder Soldier types. What with Cable being a X-Men character.

But I am a way more Dredd fan then I am anything X-related.

Blue Area Vet
Probably not. Unless you count Cannon Fodder Soldier types. What with Cable being a X-Men character.

But I am a way more Dredd fan then I am anything X-related.

So you don't know the history between him and Lucas Bishop?

Flyattractor
So you don't know the history between him and Lucas Bishop?

Bishop is a Mutant with Super Powers. Not just a "Guy with a Gun".

Surtur
Just making the requisite post:

q6cyDsuNx_U

StiltmanFTW

I couldn't make it more clear in the OP.

Classic. H2H only. Sigh.

Yeah, he's not using TP/TK, but still has his TO arm.

Blue Area Vet
Bishop is a Mutant with Super Powers. Not just a "Guy with a Gun".

I know that and that's my point. He is a super powered tactical law enforcer and is > Dredd. Why would Dredd present a bigger challenge? Al so, Classic Cable is 6'8", 300 pounds with enhanced strength showings and top level hand to hand combat skills.

StiltmanFTW
I don't know if that cross-over counts as canon (or if it's allowed on KMC), but he did stalemate the Batman.

Galan007
Spite.

Cable cannot withstand the fist of Dredd. srsly

Sin I AM
What's cables damage soak like? He always reminded me of a mutie nick fury

psycho gundam
Cable's damage soak was pretty good per last issue of Excutioner's song vs Stryfe

Flyattractor
What exactly are the stats on Cable's Robo arm?

Sin I AM
What exactly are the stats on Cable's Robo arm?

Isnt it analogous to Buckys arm? Enhanced strength, etc

LGU
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I don't know if that cross-over counts as canon (or if it's allowed on KMC), but he did stalemate the Batman.

All of the Batman crossovers are definitely canon to Dredd and have been mentioned several times in his own book.

Dredd is a healthy step above Cable in h2h skill and would be a moderate favourite in this scenario IMHO.

Cheers.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by LGU
All of the Batman crossovers are definitely canon to Dredd and have been mentioned several times in his own book.

Dredd is a healthy step above Cable in h2h skill and would be a moderate favourite in this scenario IMHO.

Cheers.

Based on what? Cable is know to have top level combat skills. There was one story where he took out this guy who was know on a galactic level at a champion of hand to hand. Cable also beat a guy in arm wrestling who hadn't been beaten in 3000 years.

LGU
Based on what? Cable is know to have top level combat skills. There was one story where he took out this guy who was know on a galactic level at a champion of hand to hand. Cable also beat a guy in arm wrestling who hadn't been beaten in 3000 years.

Based on a shit-load of showings which I would happily provide for you but would probably mean the sum total of **** all if you don't read 2000AD. So for now there's this:

https://imgur.com/a/2VbJF

From a continuity stand-point, this Dredd was already past his physical peak and was noticeable less formidable in h2h than he was a few years previously. This was a well-established fact in Dredd's own series around this period, but whether it was taken into account during the crossover itself is another matter entirely of course.

For the record, I don't consider the Batman fight to be Dredd's best h2h showing. Definitely top 5 though, and better than anything Cable has from a raw h2h skill POV.

Cheers.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Isnt it analogous to Buckys arm? Enhanced strength, etc

Not exactly.

Cable's arm is TO, his entire left side is affected.

Bucky's arm on the other hand (pun intended) is independent, can function even when separated from its user...

Anyway, Cable considered himself to be in Wolverine's tier of h2h, that's gotta count for something.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LGU
Based on a shit-load of showings which I would happily provide for you but would probably mean the sum total of **** all if you don't read 2000AD. So for now there's this:

https://imgur.com/a/2VbJF

From a continuity stand-point, this Dredd was already past his physical peak and was noticeable less formidable in h2h than he was a few years previously. This was a well-established fact in Dredd's own series around this period, but whether it was taken into account during the crossover itself is another matter entirely of course.

For the record, I don't consider the Batman fight to be Dredd's best h2h showing. Definitely top 5 though, and better than anything Cable has from a raw h2h skill POV.

Cheers.

Wasnt he de-aged?

Flyattractor
Wasnt he de-aged?
Nope. In the 2000 Ad verse Time passes like in the real world. And Dredd is in his 70's at least. He is one Tough Old Man!

Actual Experiance. Dredd has to use his on a daily bases. He dosen't have a Super Power to fall back on.

Blue Area Vet
Nope. In the 2000 Ad verse Time passes like in the real world. And Dredd is in his 70's at least. He is one Tough Old Man!

Actual Experiance. Dredd has to use his on a daily bases. He dosen't have a Super Power to fall back on.

Nonsense. Cable is a time traveller and his experience is unfathomable. And for the vast majority of his existence, he has not relied on his super powers. He used most of his powers to counter the Legacy virus. Readers didn't even know he had superpowers in X-Force until he levitate a freaking wrench late in the first arc. He absolutely does not rely on his super powers, he relies on his skills, vast experience, strategery and futuristic weaponry.

Flyattractor
Nonsense. Cable is a time traveller and his experience is unfathomable. And for the vast majority of his existence, he has not relied on his super powers. He used most of his powers to counter the Legacy virus. Readers didn't even know he had superpowers in X-Force until he levitate a freaking wrench late in the first arc. He absolutely does not rely on his super powers, he relies on his skills, vast experience, strategery and futuristic weaponry.

Dredd has done all of that to.

F it.

In H2H I give it to Dredd. Out of shear Cold heartedness.

Sin I AM

Whats some of his strength and h2h feats?

Blue Area Vet
Whats some of his strength and h2h feats?

Read my earlier responses in the thread.

Blue Area Vet
This is a taste of his combat skill.

http://s78.photobucket.com/user/Rewmac/media/Scans/NewMutants091_21.jpg.html

Kazenji
Wasnt he de-aged?

Only know of him aging more when Rebellion took over as publisher.

Delta1938
This is a taste of his combat skill.
http://s78.photobucket.com/user/Rewmac/media/Scans/NewMutants091_21.jpg.html

Weird, didn't work as an image, had to copy/paste from the quote.

Martian_mind
In their first published fight, Wolverine claims that he won't need his claws to beat Cable, and opts to go pure H2H. They get interrupted, but by that point Wolverine has unsheathed his claws. Now, while that is by no means definitive, the implication is that Cable is at the very least Wolverines equal.

LGU
Originally posted by Martian_mind
In their first published fight, Wolverine claims that he won't need his claws to beat Cable, and opts to go pure H2H. They get interrupted, but by that point Wolverine has unsheathed his claws. Now, while that is by no means definitive, the implication is that Cable is at the very least Wolverines equal.

I don't think the New Mutants #94 fight is long/decisive enough to make clear assumptions about how Logan and Cable compare skill-wise.

At any rate, Dredd is a more skilled combatant than the vast majority of Wolverine appearances, especially of the 1990 vintage.

Cheers.

Sin I AM
Read my earlier responses in the thread.

Your earlier responses were fanfic. You didnt cite any feats.

Anyway i cant remember any strictly h2h feats that didnt involve powers except against stryfe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.