KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic Cable vs. Judge Dredd

Classic Cable vs. Judge Dredd
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Classic Cable vs. Judge Dredd

Hand-to-hand only.

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Jul 8th, 2016 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 05:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I take it this is Cable not using his Mutant Powers?

eh... Nothing Dredd hasn't faced before ...even with the TP to be honest.

Even with Cable's Cyborg Arm I could see this going 50/50 at best.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 06:46 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor

eh... Nothing Dredd hasn't faced before ...even with the TP to be honest.

Even with Cable's Cyborg Arm I could see this going 50/50 at best.

And Dredd is someone Cable hasn't faced before?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 07:26 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
And Dredd is someone Cable hasn't faced before?

Probably not. Unless you count Cannon Fodder Soldier types. What with Cable being a X-Men character.

But I am a way more Dredd fan then I am anything X-related.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 07:38 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably not. Unless you count Cannon Fodder Soldier types. What with Cable being a X-Men character.

But I am a way more Dredd fan then I am anything X-related.

So you don't know the history between him and Lucas Bishop?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 07:41 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So you don't know the history between him and Lucas Bishop?

Bishop is a Mutant with Super Powers. Not just a "Guy with a Gun".

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 08:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just making the requisite post:

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 10:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I couldn't make it more clear in the OP.

Classic. H2H only. Sigh.

Yeah, he's not using TP/TK, but still has his TO arm.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 10:10 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bishop is a Mutant with Super Powers. Not just a "Guy with a Gun".

I know that and that's my point. He is a super powered tactical law enforcer and is > Dredd. Why would Dredd present a bigger challenge? Al so, Classic Cable is 6'8", 300 pounds with enhanced strength showings and top level hand to hand combat skills.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jul 8th, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 10:11 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I don't know if that cross-over counts as canon (or if it's allowed on KMC), but he did stalemate the Batman.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 10:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Spite.

Cable cannot withstand the fist of Dredd.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 12:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

What's cables damage soak like? He always reminded me of a mutie nick fury

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 12:55 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Cable's damage soak was pretty good per last issue of Excutioner's song vs Stryfe

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 03:43 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

What exactly are the stats on Cable's Robo arm?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:06 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

What exactly are the stats on Cable's Robo arm?

Isnt it analogous to Buckys arm? Enhanced strength, etc

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:04 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I don't know if that cross-over counts as canon (or if it's allowed on KMC), but he did stalemate the Batman.

All of the Batman crossovers are definitely canon to Dredd and have been mentioned several times in his own book.

Dredd is a healthy step above Cable in h2h skill and would be a moderate favourite in this scenario IMHO.

Cheers.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 03:51 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by LGU
All of the Batman crossovers are definitely canon to Dredd and have been mentioned several times in his own book.

Dredd is a healthy step above Cable in h2h skill and would be a moderate favourite in this scenario IMHO.

Cheers.

Based on what? Cable is know to have top level combat skills. There was one story where he took out this guy who was know on a galactic level at a champion of hand to hand. Cable also beat a guy in arm wrestling who hadn't been beaten in 3000 years.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 04:57 PM
LGU

Based on what? Cable is know to have top level combat skills. There was one story where he took out this guy who was know on a galactic level at a champion of hand to hand. Cable also beat a guy in arm wrestling who hadn't been beaten in 3000 years.

Based on a shit-load of showings which I would happily provide for you but would probably mean the sum total of **** all if you don't read 2000AD. So for now there's this:

https://imgur.com/a/2VbJF

From a continuity stand-point, this Dredd was already past his physical peak and was noticeable less formidable in h2h than he was a few years previously. This was a well-established fact in Dredd's own series around this period, but whether it was taken into account during the crossover itself is another matter entirely of course.

For the record, I don't consider the Batman fight to be Dredd's best h2h showing. Definitely top 5 though, and better than anything Cable has from a raw h2h skill POV.

Cheers.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 05:42 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Isnt it analogous to Buckys arm? Enhanced strength, etc

Not exactly.

Cable's arm is TO, his entire left side is affected.

Bucky's arm on the other hand (pun intended) is independent, can function even when separated from its user...

Anyway, Cable considered himself to be in Wolverine's tier of h2h, that's gotta count for something.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:32 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by LGU
Based on a shit-load of showings which I would happily provide for you but would probably mean the sum total of **** all if you don't read 2000AD. So for now there's this:

https://imgur.com/a/2VbJF

From a continuity stand-point, this Dredd was already past his physical peak and was noticeable less formidable in h2h than he was a few years previously. This was a well-established fact in Dredd's own series around this period, but whether it was taken into account during the crossover itself is another matter entirely of course.

For the record, I don't consider the Batman fight to be Dredd's best h2h showing. Definitely top 5 though, and better than anything Cable has from a raw h2h skill POV.

Cheers.

Wasnt he de-aged?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:56 PM