Aquaman (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Searched and saw nothing.. If this be a dupe thread , then will have Imp or Bada merge it... anyways...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/aquaman-movie-hooks-gangster-squad-913639

riv6672
Like all other DC movies, i'll give it a shot and hope for the best. thumb up

Surtur
Like anything else with Aquaman I will secretly hope this turns out to be a live action version of the "Brave and the Bold" Aquaman and hope for the best.

steverules_2
I LOVE the conjuring, if my girlfriend had been up to seeing the sequel I would've seen it so the fact James Wan is directing seems like there might be some hope. No Zack Snyder is a bonus, BvS was just total ass.

Zack M
Conjuring 2 was better than the first. Loved it. Hopefully Wan can deliver.

carthage
I only have hope for this because of Wans ability as a storyteller

Surtur
Originally posted by steverules_2
I LOVE the conjuring, if my girlfriend had been up to seeing the sequel I would've seen it so the fact James Wan is directing seems like there might be some hope. No Zack Snyder is a bonus, BvS was just total ass.

Damn dude your gurl conjure-blocked you. That shit just isn't cool. Hopefully you took revenge by banging her sister/best friend.

steverules_2
Revenge was me saying no to watching the new Ghostbusters film

Surtur
Take her sister/best friend to see Ghostbusters.

riv6672
Originally posted by steverules_2
Revenge was me saying no to watching the new Ghostbusters film
Thats more of a rescue. thumb up

Robtard
I have little faith in this, so if it's anything above awful, that will be a plus for me.

riv6672
^^^Yeah, that sums up DC movies in general for me.

Inhuman
Kal Drogo cant carry a movie. As it stands, it seems like in Justice League he will be limited to grunts and little vocabulary, with an angry face. So basically the same as he was in Game of Thrones and the Conan remake.

Guaranteed they will get a strong supporting actress to help carry this film, like they did with Chris Pine in WW.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Inhuman
Kal Drogo cant carry a movie. As it stands, it seems like in Justice League he will be limited to grunts and little vocabulary, with an angry face. So basically the same as he was in Game of Thrones and the Conan remake.

Guaranteed they will get a strong supporting actress to help carry this film, like they did with Chris Pine in WW.

Chris Pine is an actress now??? stick out tongue

Amber Heard is still attached to play Mera , I believe

Inhuman
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Chris Pine is an actress now??? stick out tongue

Amber Heard is still attached to play Mera , I believe

Forgot about Amber Heard.

BruceSkywalker
Forgot about Amber Heard.

I haven't seen her in anything that tells me she'll be good

Zack M
Everything I have seen Amber in is good. Even that god awful Nicolas Cage movie Drive Angry.

Surtur
I haven't seen her in anything that tells me she'll be good

She was hilarious in that movie with Johnny Depp where she starred as an abused gold digger.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
She was hilarious in that movie with Johnny Depp where she starred as an abused gold digger.

lol that's playing out in real time lol

riv6672
Mamoa's not a bad actor; certainly good enough to pull this off.

-Pr-
There's a difference between being part of an ensemble and carrying a movie, which I'm not sure he can do.

riv6672
He carried Conan quite well IMO, but carrying a movie is a two way street, with the audience having a huge say in who they accept.
In this case, thats not an issue, like you said.

Inhuman
Originally posted by riv6672
He carried Conan quite well IMO

He hardly had any dialog in Conan. Mostly grunts.

Thats like saying Wall-E carried his movie as well.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Zack M
Everything I have seen Amber in is good. Even that god awful Nicolas Cage movie Drive Angry.

It was fun...more entertaining than Ghost Rider IMO.

TheVaultDweller
lol being better than Ghost Rider isn't really saying that much though.

Esau Cairn
Agree.
Simply saying it was a more enjoyable watch than GR.

Zack M
Yeah, the more I think about it, Drive Angry was kind of a fun movie. Way more enjoyable than either Ghost Rider. Still, Amber Heard was the best part of the movie.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, the more I think about it, Drive Angry was kind of a fun movie. Way more enjoyable than either Ghost Rider. Still, Amber Heard was the best part of the movie.

Fair enough. She's also been in some utterly lousy roles though. I remember foolishly getting talked into watching a really shit movie, called The Informers, a few years back. She did little more than lie around half naked for most of the film.

riv6672
He hardly had any dialog in Conan. Mostly grunts.
Haha roll eyes (sarcastic)

Surtur
To be fair I did just remember what Amber Heard did that I didn't hate. If anyone remembers the short lived mystery show "Hidden Palms" from back in the summer of 2007.

I really enjoyed that show actually. It was a nice summer show.

Also come on Johnny how do you not get a prenup?! Even Jack Sparrow would of prenupped the shit out of Amber Heard.

riv6672
Damn, Dawg, i actually recall that show, but not to the point of putting any current faces to it.
Nice catch!

BruceSkywalker
Mamoa's not a bad actor; certainly good enough to pull this off.

he needs acting lessons though

StiltmanFTW
Review from the future:

"Masterpiece."

- Golgo

Inhuman
So Aquaman is Namor now with more grutns less dialog

BruceSkywalker
So Aquaman is Namor now with more grutns less dialog

yup

Flyattractor
I will take grunts over whiney dialogue any day.

CosmicComet
Truth.

I like Aquamoa WAAAAY more than I like Cavillman.

Mindset
He carried Conan quite well IMO, but carrying a movie is a two way street, with the audience having a huge say in who they accept.
In this case, thats not an issue, like you said. People actually saw Conan?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
People actually saw Conan?

I RedBox'ed it on a rainey weekend.

I thought it was ok but not great.

CosmicComet
Saw it on tv and it was alright to me.

I like Momoa overall.

-Pr-
He was great in Stargate Atlantis, I thought.

riv6672
I enjoyed him on 2 seasons of The Red Road.

juggernaut74
Black Manta would be cool.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/black-manta-is-the-aquaman-villain/

-Pr-
Yeah, if he isn't ruined like Aquaman.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Black Manta would be cool.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/black-manta-is-the-aquaman-villain/

people will riot hahahahahahahah.. karl urban is rumored for Black Manta

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, if he isn't ruined like Aquaman.
When was Aquaman ruined?

-Pr-
When was Aquaman ruined?

Casting Momoa as Arthur Curry and changing what seems to be everything bar his name and (possibly) his powers.

Kazenji
You seem to be in the minority on it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
You seem to be in the minority on it.

I'm an Aquaman fan. I was already a minority.

Josh23
have full faith in Aquaman as James wan is directing it. We are going to see some deep ocean chases and dark underwater entities.

-Pr-
If JL is anything to go by, that's a big ask.

riv6672
Casting Momoa as Arthur Curry and changing what seems to be everything bar his name and (possibly) his powers.
K.

A lot of people in this thread are shitting all over Momoa, and judging a movie/movies that havent even come out yet. Ah well. You guys have fun with that.

Kazenji

Aquaman fan or not, I've come across people who are fine with the casting and aren't having a tantrum about it.

-Pr-
K.

A lot of people in this thread are shitting all over Momoa, and judging a movie/movies that havent even come out yet. Ah well. You guys have fun with that.

Momoa by himself isn't the issue.

What did you think of the JL trailer? Or do you wanna continue being dismissive?

Aquaman fan or not, I've come across people who are fine with the casting and aren't having a tantrum about it.

Disliking something isn't the same as having a tantrum about it.

riv6672
Momoa by himself isn't the issue.

What did you think of the JL trailer? Or do you wanna continue being dismissive?
I liked the trailer (it showed more humor than MoS/DoJ combined in just a few minutes), did i not say that? I post on multiple sites so sometimes i get mixed up...
I. LIKED. THE. TRAILER.

Disliking something isn't the same as having a tantrum about it.

Its all in the way you phrase things. You can get a lot across with the printed word (and yeah, you've sounded pretty whiney). I myself excel at sounding sarcastic, as an example. smile

-Pr-
I liked the trailer (it showed more humor than MoS/DoJ combined in just a few minutes), did i not say that? I post on multiple sites so sometimes i get mixed up...
I. LIKED. THE. TRAILER.

Its all in the way you phrase things. You can get a lot across with the printed word (and yeah, you've sounded pretty whiney). I myself excel at sounding sarcastic, as an example. smile

You really liked it? Really? All right.

Whiney, maybe, but you try not sounding whiney after having to say the same thing over and over and over when someone takes something you care about and drags it through the dirt.

Darth Thor
I know a few people who like the JL trailer (and I only know a few who've seen it).

I'm personally not a fan of the Barry/Flash portrayal. I also don't get why they're rushing it out before the Flash and Aquaman films, which are the very next films out. Whose demanding it so early on in the DCEU? I know the fans aren't.

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I know a few people who like the JL trailer (and I only know a few who've seen it).

I'm personally not a fan of the Barry/Flash portrayal. I also don't get why they're rushing it out before the Flash and Aquaman films, which are the very next films out. Whose demanding it so early on in the DCEU? I know the fans aren't.

laughing out loud

There were always going to be people that liked it. Those people are just wrong, though.

Flyattractor
Fan boys gotta be little bitches.

-Pr-
lol. God forbid a fan wants a good adaptation of a character. I get that most people that aren't fans really don't care. They just want a good movie.

So what happens when they do to their favourite character what they did to Aquaman? Will it still be all right then? Will they still only care about getting a "good movie" even if it's a shitty adaptation?

riv6672
What have they DONE to Aquaman, though?
Really, i'm every bit the Aquaman fan you are, but i havent seen anything to make me hate this. Yet.
I'm a huge fan of Grant Gustin Flash, too, but i'm not going insane about him not getting cast in the movie.

CosmicComet
I like Aquaman. Always have really.

He's a family man and a noble character. I like true heroes.

And I don't see what's wrong with the casting or the decisions they've made with him for the movie.

We don't even really know anything about Arthur in this other than Momoa is casted to play him.

-Pr-
They're severely changing his origin, which means changing the mythology that goes along with him. How is that not a bad thing?

And do you guys honestly think Momoa can carry a movie?

Estacado
Momoa is awesome.

Pr just mad they didnt cast him as Aquaman...uhuh

StiltmanFTW
They're severely changing his origin, which means changing the mythology that goes along with him. How is that not a bad thing?

They're desperately trying to find a way for the character to work laughing out loud

No worries. They will fail.

#aquaconsistency

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They're desperately trying to find a way for the character to work laughing out loud

#aquaconsistency

there is a pic on fb showing Momoa with a guitar so he'll be singing in this laughing stick out tongue stick out tongue

Zack M

#aquaconsistency

Trust in Momoa!

riv6672

And do you guys honestly think Momoa can carry a movie?
Yeah, i dont see the reason for your reaction.
-shrug-

-Pr-
Yeah, i dont see the reason for your reaction.
-shrug-

Really? Honestly, if you think this is going to be a good movie, and that you're happy with what we've gotten so far, then cool. I'm not going to tell you not to. But if you honestly can't see WHY I'm concerned, then I don't know what to say.

Snyder's comments about the character alone should be cause for concern, imo.

riv6672
I can see having concerns. Especially given DCs track record.

I cant see repeatedly posting about the ruination of the character/movie before seeing it.

-Pr-
I can see having concerns. Especially given DCs track record.

I cant see repeatedly posting about the ruination of the character/movie before seeing it.

If the trailer hadn't been so disappointing, I wouldn't have had reason to post. shrug

Inhuman
This Aquaman's re-imagination is full of generic "tough guy" stereotypes. I mean how lazy is it to make Aquaman seem "badass" and not use the usual generic conventions.

BruceSkywalker
This Aquaman's re-imagination is full of generic "tough guy" stereotypes. I mean how lazy is it to make Aquaman seem "badass" and not use the usual generic conventions.

i just wana see him talk to the fishes lol

-Pr-
http://i.imgur.com/6dFea70.jpg

Mindset
PR and I are dressing up as Aquaman and seeing this opening night.

riv6672
^^^haha!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dDfzPKmiYkE/maxresdefault.jpg

StiltmanFTW
laughcry

TheVaultDweller
there is a pic on fb showing Momoa with a guitar so he'll be singing in this laughing stick out tongue stick out tongue

Please let it be "Under the Sea". laughing

Kazenji
I hear they're coming to Queensland, Australia. To do some filming for this movie.

Kazenji
So a picture of Amber Heard in the Mera costume has been released.

riv6672
So a picture of Amber Heard in the Mera costume has been released.

I guess it has!

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/10/12/amber-heards-justice-league-costume-is-on-point

http://s3.birthmoviesdeath.com/images/made/amber_heard_mera_image_2_1200_1200_81_s.jpg

Patient_Leech
Silly costumes to the rescue (for DC)!

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
I have no problem with the costume... the "darkness filter by Snyder" and the actress don't appeal to me.

riv6672
I'd appeal her! yes

tkitna
I think Amber Heard is one of the most beautiful women alive. My only issue with her is that I never thought she could act.

Estacado
Amber Heard is hot fo so!

StiltmanFTW
Not as Mera and certainly not on that pic.

Need to see more pics, but Snyder has this irresistible urge to make them as dark as possible first.

riv6672
Pics usually dont do costumes justice.

BruceSkywalker
she has never been in anything I like...

Zack M
Good look. Very Mera like.

Kazenji

Yep....alot more accurate then Momoa's Aquaman.

riv6672
Yeah!
Hope she displays her water powers. Also, maybe this will lead to a larger role in the comics, outside the Aqua-verse.

Flyattractor
Amber Heard is a WHITE WOMAN!?

Start the # DC is Racist tags NOW!

Kazenji

riv6672
Not sure why the Godzilla pic but ok.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Start the # DC is Racist tags NOW!

Should have started that when Momoa was cast.

Kazenji

Not sure if that how you normally are or just stupid.

StiltmanFTW

Welcome to the Internet, riv.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11130/111300527/5445085-godzilla_6d9bd2_1840203.jpg

riv6672
^^^Suck a dick, Stilt.

Seriously though, i didnt notice the post in between mine and Kazenji's (poster's on ignore), so i thought he was face palming what i'd said about Mera.

StiltmanFTW
http://i.imgur.com/1GYmMjD.jpg

riv6672
See, i checked this time. That was directed towards me. smile

Time-Immemorial
^^^Suck a dick, Stilt.

Seriously though, i didnt notice the post in between mine and Kazenji's (poster's on ignore), so i thought he was face palming what i'd said about Mera.

Man you are seriously an angry troll.

BruceSkywalker
Patrick Wilson is ORM....

http://deadline.com/2016/12/patrick-wilson-aquaman-orm-ocean-master-dc-villain-jason-momoa-1201869055/

TethAdamTheRock
Can't wait

TethAdamTheRock
Still waiting for Darksied war

Zack M
Not too surprising. Wilson has worked with Wan before. Solid choice.

TethAdamTheRock
If they give it that classic old hercules wonder woman look this will be awsome
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/-oA6zACRz58AXmDGQiYbwVDYhbk/fit-in/2048xorig/filters:format_auto-!!-:strip_icc-!!-/2016/10/12/910/n/1922283/2088085a57fea21dd27f21.74994628_edit_img_image_14344989_1476304716/i/Zack-Snyder-Picture-Mera-Aquaman-Movie.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Stop colossusing.

Khazra Reborn
I like James Wan, I think this will be the first good DCEU film. IMO they need to break away from Snyder.

StiltmanFTW
It's aquaman. Don't count on it being good big grin big grin big grin

Khazra Reborn
I get it, you don't like Aquaman.

StiltmanFTW
Who does? big grin

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I like James Wan, I think this will be the first good DCEU film. IMO they need to break away from Snyder.

Was hoping that to be Wonder Woman, But Snyder has been involved with that one

and Aquaman's only shit because of the Stigma from the Super Friends show.

StiltmanFTW

I'M JUST THE CREEPY FISH GUY!!!!!

From his recent comic.

There's a huge ton of reasons to hate that "character".

Kazenji
I'M JUST THE CREEPY FISH GUY!!!!!

From his recent comic.

There's a huge ton of reasons to hate that "character".

If you say so hater

also he only said that because that's how people see him as that.

StiltmanFTW
And they won't stop doing so any time soon...

Khazra Reborn
Was hoping that to be Wonder Woman, But Snyder has been involved with that one

I forgot about Wonder Woman, that actually looks ok, I'm not a huge fan of the character though. I agree regarding Superfriends, AM's comic portrayals are much different, although everyone was pretty shit on that show.

Except Grundy, he was epic, lol.

Kazenji
Hoping Snyder's involvement with the Wonder Woman movie is only 10% which it seems to be, Has his name for one of the producer's and also story.

BruceSkywalker
as long as no talent momoa talks to fish and I see the cgi rings from the superfriends cartoon then this might be rate a 2 or 3 from me

TethAdamTheRock
Trust me Aquaman will be good. Especially if it crosses over with Wonder Woman

Like Spider-Man Iron Man

Zack M
Guy is a beast.

bscqY3DpHdw

riv6672
Yeah, he looks great.

BruceSkywalker
black manta has been cast..

i have no idea who this person is...

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/31/aquaman-casts-it-black-manta/

BruceSkywalker
nicole kidman in talks to be momoa's mama...

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/31/nicole-kidman-in-talks-to-join-aquaman/

Dreampanther
Guy is a beast.

No lies.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/30/23/3CABA2A600000578-0-image-a-24_1485818732758.jpg

Zack M
Jason is hella huge. Never noticed how big he is.

carthage
Aquaman is such an incredibly gay character

Esau Cairn
Jus saying that pic looks photoshopped.

The guards look like they've been superimposed, especially the guard behind Momoa.

Khazra Reborn
Why does Jason Momoa have body guards, I doubt the dude is getting swarmed like The Beatles circa 1967.

Kazenji
Originally posted by carthage
Aquaman is such an incredibly gay character

Stop basing what you know of him off the Super Friends.

carthage
Stop basing what you know of him off the Super Friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

-Pr-
Originally posted by carthage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8C1WWixgc

Gay =/= magnificent.

BruceSkywalker
Why does Jason Momoa have body guards, I doubt the dude is getting swarmed like The Beatles circa 1967.

the pic is fake.. he doesn;t need any.. he is a nobody

Zack M

It's the females.

jinXed by JaNx
nicole kidman in talks to be momoa's mama...

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/31/nicole-kidman-in-talks-to-join-aquaman/

That's great i hope they cast her in a thong.

TheVaultDweller
This movie seems to be the one which has had the least drama/problems etc. so far. Would be rather funny if Aquaman ended up being DC's big hit.

Ridley_Prime
I wouldn't complain. lol Scoring one against Aquaman haters would be a bonus too.

carthage
Just finished Darkseid War/Forever evil arcs a few days ago, and Black Manta seems like a really cool character.

Zack M
Test footage of Aquaman.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/01/possible-vfx-test-footage-aquaman-appears-online/

Kazenji
Test footage of Aquaman.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/01/possible-vfx-test-footage-aquaman-appears-online/

Those are just picture's

there's an actual video online.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
This movie seems to be the one which has had the least drama/problems etc. so far. Would be rather funny if Aquaman ended up being DC's big hit.
I'd love that.

-Pr-
Just saw the video. Guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're changing his powers to suit their own need. Shame, but it's not like they've been that desperate to stick to the comics before, so...

TethAdamTheRock
So there sticking more to the comics?

-Pr-
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
So there sticking more to the comics?

I wish.

marwash22
Just saw the video. Guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're changing his powers to suit their own need. Shame, but it's not like they've been that desperate to stick to the comics before, so... meaning?

i haven't read anything about it. What are they changing?

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22
meaning?

i haven't read anything about it. What are they changing?

He looks like he's flying underwater, not swimming.

Aquaman swims (or rides a seahorse). He can propel himself forward at great speeds sure, but he's not like Superman that has his own internal propulsion.

So either they're changing it for stylistic reasons, or someone just didn't do the research. Either way it's not how it should look.

riv6672
Honest question:
Have you felt this way/groused about every difference/liberty taken with every comics character brought to the screen?

-Pr-
Honest question:
Have you felt this way/groused about every difference/liberty taken with every comics character brought to the screen?

Nope; some I think were done quite well actually.

riv6672
I thought so.

Moving on.

marwash22
He looks like he's flying underwater, not swimming.

Aquaman swims (or rides a seahorse). He can propel himself forward at great speeds sure, but he's not like Superman that has his own internal propulsion.

So either they're changing it for stylistic reasons, or someone just didn't do the research. Either way it's not how it should look. oh. i thought he was swimming... kinda like a mermaid.

i seriously doubt they give him flight. Although, based on a scene from the teaser trailer, it looks like they might give him Mera's control over water.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>