Most Studied Force Users?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Throw in some random names, make a top ten list, it's up to you. Just wanted to get the ball rolling on a discussion regarding the most studied and learned of Force users. Preferably, the criteria would be based on the number of knowledge sources that we know them to have acquired, but you can resort to the amount of Force techniques they're shown to know (and the rarity/difficulty of them) as well.

chingchangwalla
Odan Urr, Exar Kun, Palpatine, Yoda. A lot of the Ancients and maybe Jerec and Traya too?

chingchangwalla
Vitiate and Hego as well

JKBart
1. Valkorion
2. Palpatine | Yoda
3. Revan
4. Darth Thanaton
5. Luke Skywalker
6. Darth Plagueis
7. Jacen Solo
8. Odan-Urr | Talzin | Vergere
9. Exar Kun | Freedon Nadd
10. Karness Muur | Naga Sadow | Thon | Arca Jeth | Kreia | Yaddle | Saraasu Talon | Darth Krayt

chingchangwalla
Lol at Jacen having more knowledge than Kun and Nadd

Ursumeles
I'll later give reasons, and may change the list.

1./2. Darth Sidious/Luke Skywalker
3. Valkorion
4. Darth Caedus
5. Darth Plagueis
6./7./8. Vergere/Revan/Yoda
9./10. Exar Kun/Traya

chingchangwalla
Dark side cults and prophets would no doubt have an abundance of knowledge too

Ursumeles
Cronal/Nadd/Tenebrous/Wyyrlok III/Krayt could also very well be in the list.

JKBart
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Lol at Jacen having more knowledge than Kun and Nadd Look at the amount of knowledge he collected from so many barely known, mysterious and hidden Force organizations, tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
Luke, Sidious, Jacen, Plagueis, Revan, Vitiate/Valkorian, Yoda, Talzin, the other two spots probably go to the Ancients or someone like Traya/Vergere.

MS Warehouse
In terms of abundance and opportunity to study? Have to have Vitiate/Valky at #1. Also have to include Nadd and Ragnos as they had around a century and a plethora of knowledge. You can include Palpatine as well in the top 5.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MS Warehouse
In terms of abundance and opportunity to study? Have to have Vitiate/Valky at #1. Also have to include Nadd and Ragnos as they had around a century and a plethora of knowledge. You can include Palpatine as well in the top 5.
Do you imply, that Nadd and Ragnos are more knowlegable than Palpatine?

The_Tempest
Sheev.

Studied the Force in all its guises throughout the Galaxy, plundered the greatest lore from over a million worlds, etc.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Sheev.

Studied the Force in all its guises throughout the Galaxy, plundered the greatest lore from over a million worlds, etc.
Yeah, Palpatine and Luke.

BazookaMaster
Jedi: Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Revan, maybe ancients like Nomi, Thon and Arca.

Siths: Freedom Nadd, Exar Kun, Vitiate, Bane, Zannah, Sidious, Krayt, Wyyrlock

Azronger
Sheev.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Do you imply, that Nadd and Ragnos are more knowlegable than Palpatine?

I'm implying that had access to more, absolutely. I'm not stating they knew more because Palpatine studied the force 24/7.

The_Tempest
I'm implying that had access to more, absolutely. I'm not stating they knew more because Palpatine studied the force 24/7.

Palpatine gathered the greatest works of Force knowledge from "over a million worlds" across the galaxy. That's exponentially more worlds than just what comprised the ancient Sith empire.

cs_zoltan
Vader should be mentioned as well. He's pretty underrated as far as knowledge goes.

MS Warehouse
Palpatine gathered the greatest works of Force knowledge from "over a million worlds" across the galaxy. That's exponentially more worlds than just what comprised the ancient Sith empire.

Wouldn't we consider this hyperbole since I don't recall the GE even had control of that many, or even that many different force groups in the galaxy. And even if we were to take that quote seriously, Palpatine didn't have lifetimes to study all of that.

Ursumeles
Wouldn't we consider this hyperbole since I don't recall the GE even had control of that many, or even that many different force groups in the galaxy. And even if we were to take that quote seriously, Palpatine didn't have lifetimes to study all of that.
He had control over more than Ragnos, lol.

The_Tempest

Nah. Per the Essential Atlas and other works, 1.69 million planets were qualified to receive full representation within the Imperial senate, and countless more had an Imperial presence.

We don't actually have a complete list of all the Force using traditions in the galaxy. Could be dozens, hundreds, thousands or more.

Neither did Caedus or Revan, who are each also among the most learned Force users ever despite relatively short careers. Length of time obviously isn't the end all be all to mastery.

Zenwolf
Plus the Prophets of the Dark Side, which were involved heavily with Palpatine and his Dark Adepts, had Dromund Kaas, which would logically have a ton of Force Knowledge. Along with his Adepts who also delved into Force Knowledge and the like.

MS Warehouse
Nah. Per the Essential Atlas and other works, 1.69 million planets were qualified to receive full representation within the Imperial senate, and countless more had an Imperial presence.

We don't actually have a complete list of all the Force using traditions in the galaxy. Could be dozens, hundreds, thousands or more.

Neither did Caedus or Revan, who are each also among the most learned Force users ever despite relatively short careers. Length of time obviously isn't the end all be all to mastery.

It still seems like hyperbole to have that many force using groups. Length of time isn't the end all be all but I would argue that length of time combined with vast resources almost certainly leads to mastery. Revan had that, Caedus did not. What Caedus had was esoteric force techniques.

The_Tempest
It still seems like hyperbole to have that many force using groups.

It never says how many Force using groups there are.

Kurk
All jokes aside, where is Bane?

JKBart
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Jedi: Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Revan, maybe ancients like Nomi, Thon and Arca.

Siths: Freedom Nadd, Exar Kun, Vitiate, Bane, Zannah, Sidious, Krayt, Wyyrlock

Bazooka responded to ur cravings smile

MS Warehouse
It never says how many Force using groups there are.

Yes but force related anything on over a million worlds? That sounds as realistic as Palpatine knowing every technique and creating new ones at his pleasure.

The_Tempest
Yes but force related anything on over a million worlds? That sounds as realistic as Palpatine knowing every technique and creating new ones at his pleasure.

The Force is an ancient and omnipresent energy field. Makes total sense.

MS Warehouse
The Force is an ancient and omnipresent energy field. Makes total sense.

How? He gathered "works" from a million worlds. How does that compute?

The_Tempest
How? He gathered "works" from a million worlds. How does that compute?

Because the Force is everywhere. Consequently, there's a lot of shit about the Force scattered across the galaxy.

It's... not difficult lol. No brain-benders here.

Beniboybling
Beefy struggling to comprehend Sheev's greatness. Can hardly blame him.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Beefy struggling to comprehend Sheev's greatness. Can hardly blame him.

My boy Beefy graduated law school, so I'm 100% positive that his "struggle" with this very simple concept is willful and exaggerated.

Deronn_solo
Prolly Palpatine, yeah.

S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion is arguably most learned.

MS Warehouse
My boy Beefy graduated law school, so I'm 100% positive that his "struggle" with this very simple concept is willful and exaggerated.

My struggle is with the word "works", which seems to be defined as something physical, rather than something omnipresent. Hence, it doesn't make sense.

MythLord
Sheev, Valk, Yaddle, Yoda, Odan Urr, Luke Skywalker, Vergere, Jacen, Revan, Plagueis, etc.

The_Tempest
My struggle is with the word "works", which seems to be defined as something physical, rather than something omnipresent. Hence, it doesn't make sense.

Jesus dude lol.

Works refer to physical stuff yes. The Force is ancient and everywhere. Which means individuals, groups, and civilizations have studied, worshipped, or practiced it on some level across the galaxy, be it sophisticated disciplines like the Sith or the eldritch tribalism of the Nightsisters. Their works of knowledge are scattered across the galaxy.

Palpatine made a concerted effort to collect that shit and study it. It's an extremely simple thing to grasp.

Beniboybling
Out of interest do you have the source on this?

SunRazer
Vitiate almost certainly relied on experimentation for the vast majority of his years, as opposed to actually compiled knowledge, which he would've only studied from during the pre-GSW years and when the Sith Empire returned to known space.

Palpatine, on the other hand, had the benefit of far more learning material, instead of having to rely on experimentation. Since given knowledge is obviously a much faster and better way of studying the Force than blind experimentation, that would justify why later Force users are able to gain comparable or superior knowledge than their predecessors despite spending much less time studying.

MS Warehouse
Jesus dude lol.

Works refer to physical stuff yes. The Force is ancient and everywhere. Which means individuals, groups, and civilizations have studied, worshipped, or practiced it on some level across the galaxy, be it sophisticated disciplines like the Sith or the eldritch tribalism of the Nightsisters. Their works of knowledge are scattered across the galaxy.

Palpatine made a concerted effort to collect that shit and study it. It's an extremely simple thing to grasp.

I understand what it means, I have a hard time believing there are over a million world with these "works", and you're not exactly helping the situation by continously claiming the force is "omnipresent". Why don't you just repeat "fear is the path to the dark side" after every post?

Well yea, he had the sources but his experimentation meant he was constantly creating new force techniques or studying esoteric ones. So?

But Palpatine was the exception here. Later force users don't compare in force knowledge to their predecessors. All I'm understanding is there were over a million worlds with force related works, regardless of how valuable they were.

Ursumeles
Luke, Plagueis, Yoda, Jacen, Vergere, Krayt and Wyyrlok are superior to nearly every Force User, that lived before them, in Terms of knowledge.

SunRazer
Well yea, he had the sources but his experimentation meant he was constantly creating new force techniques or studying esoteric ones. So?

Experimentation doesn't necessarily result in success, lol. It could also result in disaster or just a plain dead end. That's why it's so much less efficient than studying learned material - which is guaranteed to work. Experimentation is essentially guess-and-check.

Which is why Palpatine can be safely labelled as the most studied of all Sith, and probably the most studied of all Force users unless I'm missing something.

You also contradict yourself somewhat by claiming that later characters don't compare to older ones in knowledge, given that you earlier claimed that experimentation would result in constant success and thus would replace the lost knowledge?

chingchangwalla
Dunno why Wyyrlock is here. I mean sure he's obvs got some knowledge but he can't touch Yoda, Sheev and the ancients

Ursumeles
Imo he could be over the ancients, bar Nadd, Kun and maybe Syn.
Wyyrlok was more knowlegable than Krayt, IIRC.

chingchangwalla
No. Krayt spending however long in stasis exploring the force should be enough to exceed Wyyrlock

MS Warehouse
Sure, but his resulted in successes. He turned Kaas into a lightning storm, studied the phobis devices, performed rituals and experiments for centuries in the temple. Something tells me he didn't fail because he didn't die.

How? Vitiate had access to knowledge, considering he was a scholar that spent an entire century delving deep into the dark side, prior to the GHW. Successful experimentation would ensure new force techniques but in no way would they replace lost knowledge. There wasn't lost knowledge during Vitiate's reign though. It came later through the plundering of the ancient sith world, destructions of Ossus, etc.

Ursumeles
Wyyrlok has "unparraled knowledge in Sith lore and rituals"
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/darth-wyyrlok-iii-respect-thread-1675001/

chingchangwalla
Being unparalleled is hardly something to consider. Vader and Kun have unparalleled skill in combat. We know for a fact they aren't the best Duelists ever so who cares? Pretty sure Nox had similar things said about him

chingchangwalla
Being unparalleled doesn't instantly make you one of the best

Beniboybling
Ur dumb Chingy.

Ursumeles
Yes it does. Maybe not the best, but one of them.

MS Warehouse

Well all it does is make you unparalleled in your time period. But he's possibly one of the greatest ever.

chingchangwalla
I hate Wyyrlock Beni, I'll make up whatever excuse to make sure he stays shit.

cs_zoltan
I hate Wyyrlock Beni, I'll make up whatever excuse to make sure he stays shit.

You are on your way to dethrone DMB on the Salt Throne. If you haven't already.

chingchangwalla
No salt GIF? sad

SunRazer
Sure, but his resulted in successes. He turned Kaas into a lightning storm, studied the phobis devices, performed rituals and experiments for centuries in the temple. Something tells me he didn't fail because he didn't die.

Failure doesn't necessarily result in death either. Most of the things you mentioned occurred over centuries, too. He could've had setbacks as much as he did successes.

Those were all things that happened during Vitiate's time. Vitiate doesn't have Ossus under his belt, lol.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You are on your way to dethrone DMB on the Salt Throne. If you haven't already.
Wyyrlok is underrated sad
Cade as well.

chingchangwalla
Hate aside, he's definitely one of the most knowledgable of his era but Krayt is still his superior. Although not in the same tier as Valk, Yoda and the other titans, there can be little doubt he is still 'one of' the more learnt force users.

cs_zoltan
Wyyrlok is underrated sad
Cade as well.
Hot Chick>Skywalker-Pirate

MS Warehouse
Those happened at the tail end of his Sith reign. He had the ancient sith worlds like Malachor V which was a literal library planet, Krayis II, etc. Nobody had Ossus because it was destroyed.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan

I just wank the NJO wink
But seriously, Cade is just a notch under Jaina.

The_Tempest
I understand what it means, I have a hard time believing there are over a million world with these "works", and you're not exactly helping the situation by continously claiming the force is "omnipresent". Why don't you just repeat "fear is the path to the dark side" after every post?

I have a hard time believing lots of shit in Star Wars. But a million worlds is an extremely insignificant number in a galaxy with 400 BILLION stars or more. And given that the Force is everywhere in the galaxy, it makes even more sense. There's nothing objectionable about this lol.

MS Warehouse
I have a hard time believing lots of shit in Star Wars. But a million worlds is an extremely insignificant number in a galaxy with 400 BILLION stars or more. And given that the Force is everywhere in the galaxy, it makes even more sense. There's nothing objectionable about this lol.

If the GE controlled 2 million worlds and half of those worlds contain force related works, you find this believable?

The_Tempest
If the GE controlled 2 million worlds and half of those worlds contain force related works, you find this believable?

The GE "controls" much more than 2 million planets, it's just that only 1.69 million meet the requirements to have direct representation in the Imperial senate. There are countless more that are under Imperial rule that aren't represented on Coruscant in the Senate.

And yes, it makes absolute sense.

SunRazer
Considering that Force secrets existed on shitholes like Nar Shaddaa, the ruined Taris, even Hoth, Tatooine and Mustafar, yeah, it's feasible.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by SunRazer
Considering that Force secrets existed on shitholes like Nar Shaddaa, the ruined Taris, even Hoth, Tatooine and Mustafar, yeah, it's feasible.

What force related works existed on those planets during the time of the GE?

Azronger
Beefy, what Temp is trying to say is that because the Force is omnipresent, it is everywhere. And as a result, Force sensitives are also born everywhere. And with billions of stars, all with their own planetary system, it is completely reasonable, even likely, that primitive Force-using cultures exist on a million planets. Heck, even the Sith were Force users on Korriban for over 70,000 years and no one knew of their existence until the Rakata arrived. It even took the Republic, after its foundation, decamillenia to discover the planet.

The_Tempest
👍👍👍👍

MS Warehouse
I got that part for the millionth time.

MS Warehouse
My problem is reconciling two things:

A. The sheer amount of force related "works" being in the millions. It seems incredibly unrealistic but ok, lets say it's not. The bigger problems lies within

B. The sheer manpower and time it would take to gather "force related" things from millions of worlds and bring it back to Palpatine, is insane. I'm not even talking about cataloging everything. I want RH or someone with similar skills to sit down and calculate the time and logistics involved to see if the feat is even possible.

Zenwolf
My problem is reconciling two things:

A. The sheer amount of force related "works" being in the millions. It seems incredibly unrealistic but ok, lets say it's not. The bigger problems lies within

B. The sheer manpower and time it would take to gather "force related" things from millions of worlds and bring it back to Palpatine, is insane. I'm not even talking about cataloging everything. I want RH or someone with similar skills to sit down and calculate the time and logistics involved to see if the feat is even possible.

Given the vast resources of the Empire and the fact Palps had a bunch of Dark Adepts and the Prophets, who went out to find Force stuff and primitive Force Adepts, it's not unlikely that they couldn't gather Force Knowledge and stuff. Especially because of hyperdrives. Plus these other Force organizations that also gather their own Force knowledge and experiment themselves.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Given the vast resources of the Empire and the fact Palps had a bunch of Dark Adepts and the Prophets, who went out to find Force stuff and primitive Force Adepts, it's not unlikely that they couldn't gather Force Knowledge and stuff. Especially because of hyperdrives. Plus these other Force organizations that also gather their own Force knowledge and experiment themselves.

I get all that. But MILLIONS of worlds.

The_Tempest
*over a million != millionS.

It's not incredibly unrealistic, for reasons Azronger and I provided.

The Empire's resources are unprecedented, which is what the text cites for Palpatine's ability to gather such arcana.

MS Warehouse
*over a million != millionS.

It's not incredibly unrealistic, for reasons Azronger and I provided.

The Empire's resources are unprecedented, which is what the text cites for Palpatine's ability to gather such arcana.

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying it would (in my opinion) take decades if not centuries to gather works from a million world and send them back to Palpatine, one world at a time. Not to mention sorting out it so Palpatine can study something.

Azronger
The Emperor's ridiculous foresight capabilities could've also helped:

Sidious stood motionless and silent on the transmission grid, his fingers steepled, his mind meditating on the eddies and currents of the Force. Those of lesser sensitivity were oblivious to it, but to him it was like an omnipresent mist, invisible but nonetheless tangible, that swirled and drifted constantly about him. No words, no descriptions could begin to convey what it was like; the only way to understand it was to experience it. He had learned over long years of study and meditation how to interpret each and every vagary of its restless flow, no matter how slight.

-Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Azronger
The Emperor's ridiculous foresight capabilities could've also helped:

Sidious stood motionless and silent on the transmission grid, his fingers steepled, his mind meditating on the eddies and currents of the Force. Those of lesser sensitivity were oblivious to it, but to him it was like an omnipresent mist, invisible but nonetheless tangible, that swirled and drifted constantly about him. No words, no descriptions could begin to convey what it was like; the only way to understand it was to experience it. He had learned over long years of study and meditation how to interpret each and every vagary of its restless flow, no matter how slight.

-Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

I'm not sure how that translates to his ability to find force related works on over a million worlds. Kreia could see 4,000 years into the future and that didn't translate to anything like what you're talking about.

Azronger
Given his demonstrations of Force Sense throughout the mythos, I'd say that would help quite a bit to determine which world is populated with Force sensitives, and which isn't.

And Traya never set out to find Force knowledge on other planets since she was sitting on top of one of the largest libraries of the Ancient Sith, and she was amped when she did that feat. So that's an invalid comparison.

MS Warehouse
Given his demonstrations of Force Sense throughout the mythos, I'd say that would help quite a bit to determine which world is populated with Force sensitives, and which isn't.

And Traya never set out to find Force knowledge on other planets since she was sitting on top of one of the largest libraries of the Ancient Sith, and she was amped when she did that feat. So that's an invalid comparison. How was she amped? And no, I don't think force sense has anything to do with magically finding out which, out of the billions of stars, contain force related things. He's not a God. His force sense goes as far as seeing the future (but not his death), but quite a number of people had force sense and if we're throwing "he was on a nexus" bit, lets find out what planets Palpatine was on when he had this clarity.

Zenwolf
How would it take decades, when ships can cross the galaxy in days/weeks? At most months.

MS Warehouse
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How would it take decades, when ships can cross the galaxy in days/weeks? At most months.

To gather from a million worlds? Not just visit a million worlds but gather force related material from a million worlds? I'd imagine it would take more, since I doubt they have fleets traveling to 20+planets daily.

Azronger
How was she amped? And no, I don't think force sense has anything to do with magically finding out which, out of the billions of stars, contain force related things. He's not a God. His force sense goes as far as seeing the future (but not his death), but quite a number of people had force sense and if we're throwing "he was on a nexus" bit, lets find out what planets Palpatine was on when he had this clarity.

Traya was on Malachor V, which'd logically amp her way past her limits.

As for Sidious, he was mostly on Coruscant, and has way more Sense feats than peering into the future, like sensing the thoughts, deaths, and power of individuals who he had never met from across the galaxy. He also has some other ridiculous telepathy feats, so it's not unreasonable to assume he could sense which planets contained Force lore and which did not, and simply saying "he's not a god" doesn't constitute as a valid argument.

The_Tempest
Kreia flat out says Malachor is amping her.

MS Warehouse
Traya was on Malachor V, which'd logically amp her way past her limits.

As for Sidious, he was mostly on Coruscant, and has way more Sense feats than peering into the future, like sensing the thoughts, deaths, and power of individuals who he had never met from across the galaxy. He also has some other ridiculous telepathy feats, so it's not unreasonable to assume he could sense which planets contained Force lore and which did not, and simply saying "he's not a god" doesn't constitute as a valid argument.

His telepathy feats have nothing to do with magically finding a million force related planets. I don't have to state sidious is not a god because there's no reason to make that argument. The only worthy argument is the limitless supply of the GE but it still doesn't answer how realistic the whole thing is even with their numbers and logistics.

The_Tempest
Star Wars as a whole becomes a nonstarter if our threshold for canon facts is what is realistic to the audience. It's called suspension of disbelief, Beef. Your concerns have been more than adequately addressed.

MS Warehouse
Star Wars as a whole becomes a nonstarter if our threshold for canon facts is what is realistic to the audience. It's called suspension of disbelief, Beef. Your concerns have been more than adequately addressed.

Nah, only because it fits into your narrative and supports your favorite character. The mere logistics is cause for concern. That's why I wanted someone like RH to come in and do some number crunching to make it at least more believable.

The_Tempest
Nah, only because it fits into your narrative and supports your favorite character. The mere logistics is cause for concern. That's why I wanted someone like RH to come in and do some number crunching to make it at least more believable.

It's pretty effortless to turn the accusation of bias around on you: you reject the quote/aggressively because it hypes Palpatine, whereas your agenda favors the ancient Sith.

Again, the entire thing becomes pointless.

MS Warehouse
It's pretty effortless to turn the accusation of bias around on you: you reject the quote/aggressively because it hypes Palpatine, whereas your agenda favors the ancient Sith.

Again, the entire thing becomes pointless.

Nah because if you throw around circumstances that you'd have a hard time believing regarding the ancient sith, I'd be more inclined to agree than disagree.

The_Tempest
Nah because if you throw around circumstances that you'd have a hard time believing regarding the ancient sith, I'd be more inclined to agree than disagree.

Clearly not, otherwise you wouldn't trump them up as much as you do. Your position requires that we take everything we've been told about the ancient Sith at face value, especially given their relative lack of exposure.

Your bias means you suspend disbelief when it favors the ancient Sith but become the world's biggest skeptic on all things Palpatine.

So we're back to square one: anyone can accuse anyone else here of bias and if all we're going to do is say "nah, that's unrealistic" when confronted with canon facts, the entire enterprise is futile and pointless.

But that's pretty stupid, so it's probably for the best that we don't do that.

MS Warehouse
Don't be daft, I've outlined my arguments as to why the ancient sith should be taken seriously.

Give me an example

The_Tempest
Don't be daft,

This is ironic coming from someone who's quibbling over logistical issues in a franchise featuring faster than light travel, space wizards, planet killing death rays, and a zillion other "unrealistic" elements.

Yes, and like every other Star Wars related argument ever, it relies on suspension of disbelief and accepting at face value "unrealistic" facts.

I already have: you accept every statement that favors the ancient Sith and SWTOR and other things you like without applying the same rigorous standards you do with statements about things you don't.

This is why the overplayed "omg bias" accusation is pointless. So rather than get lost on that tangent for another 12 pages, it sounds like you and I need to agree to disagree on not just this subject, but Star Wars in general lol.

Sorry, mobile, hence the formatting issues.

MS Warehouse
Why is it ironic? Why is everything black and white with you? There's a reason I don't like star trek.

No I haven't, lol.

The Ellimist
My boy Beefy graduated law school,

Not intending to pick on Beefy, but graduating law school isn't really that difficult...

Anyway, Yoda, Palpatine, Odan Urr, Vitiate, Luke, Vodo, Exar Kun and Caedus probably round out the top in no particular order.

JKBart
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Not intending to pick on Beefy, but graduating law school isn't really that difficult...

thumb up I'm nearly done with this shit and it really depends, some are insanely difficult and in others you have to study 10h/month.

The Ellimist
I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying it would (in my opinion) take decades if not centuries to gather works from a million world and send them back to Palpatine, one world at a time. Not to mention sorting out it so Palpatine can study something.

I'm sorry...but what?

Don't you work for a certain tech company that deals with a comparable number of textual sources and distributes them on a global scale? Yet you find it implausible that a Galactic Empire with the technological capacity to construct planet-destroying battle stations and the software to produce sentient robots can't "sort out" a bunch of texts?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by JKBart
thumb up I'm nearly done with this shit and it really depends, some are insanely difficult and in others you have to study 10h/month.

No really, I'm pretty sure in a lot of law schools it's close to technically impossible to fail out if you write anything on the exams. At worst you just graduate at the bottom of your class.

MS Warehouse
I'm sorry...but what?

Don't you work for a certain tech company that deals with a comparable number of textual sources and distributes them on a global scale? Yet you find it implausible that a Galactic Empire with the technological capacity to construct planet-destroying battle stations and the software to produce sentient robots can't "sort out" a bunch of texts?

No, I own my own. I don't know where you are getting your information.. And because I own my own and do a little over half a million a month in sales, I find it implausible. Not to mention, doing what I do has nothing to do with believing that it's plausible to sort out a "bunch" of texts from a million worlds.. Really, your comparison is just awful.

Edit: I mean if you want to take the biggest online retailer in the world (amazon) and find out how many shipments they send out daily, you'd grasp the sheer enormity of not only conquering a million worlds, but finding a million worlds full of force activity and gathering everything from there, in a short amount of time. We know the GE numbers are incredible, but they're not unlimited and neither is their technology.

The Ellimist
I find it implausible.

You keep saying this, but you still haven't actually explained why.

Sure, it's at least one piece of text from millions of planets each, but the Empire also has the resources of said millions of planets. That's just about one book (or whatever) per planet. If anything, it's a small figure. Even we can write, what, thousands of books on, say, Barrack Obama's presidency in his eight years in office? Would you express the same incredulity over the United States being able to collect more than one important document on an esoteric subject with twenty years to spare?

(And this is ignoring the clearly monstrous technological and logistical capabilities of the Galactic Empire; apparently, they can construct a Death Star in a year, but finding some old books on the Force and sorting through them is just implausible or something, even when an official source literally says that they did that.)

If your point is that Force sensitivity is an incredibly rare phenomena, the math still doesn't work out for you. Most of these planets have had at least twenty five thousand years for some prominent Force user to have arisen there. That's probably a hundred billion+ potential candidates per planet. No implausibility there.

The Ellimist

Also what law school?

JKBart
No really, I'm pretty sure in a lot of law schools it's close to technically impossible to fail out if you write anything on the exams. At worst you just graduate at the bottom of your class.
In Poland, yeah, there are quite a few where if you study 10h a month you literally can't fail.

And there are some where requirements are extra high, although that does not necessarily have anything to do with the standards of education there. In my case it's one of those with extra high requirements but average education at best.

In those harder examples in the exam you get 3 "questions" and each "question" is a single chapter out of, let's say, 30 chapters. And you're supposed to write everything possible on the topic. Sounds good and allowing to focus on anything you know and get persuasive trying to sell yourself as well as you can, ay? I thought so, but it turned out it basically works like this: you write 90% of the stuff there was in the books, lectures and additional places, and you get 2 points out of 4 because "I really wanted you to add that one word when talking about there was in that one book, I just don't feel that without that one word, it's really good one". Literally lol.

However, my uni sucks in that regard lmao. It's 3rd/4th in the country in terms of quality of education (which is pretty low considering the size of Poland and the standards here) and from what I gather, it has the most fugged up exam styles.

It will definitely not say you anything lol but it's the "UAM" from Poznań/Poznan/Posen.

JKBart
Still it's pathetic someone like me is only a few months from law diploma smile

The Ellimist
In Poland, yeah, there are quite a few where if you study 10h a month you literally can't fail.

And there are some where requirements are extra high, although that does not necessarily have anything to do with the standards of education there. In my case it's one of those with extra high requirements but average education at best.

In those harder examples in the exam you get 3 "questions" and each "question" is a single chapter out of, let's say, 30 chapters. And you're supposed to write everything possible on the topic. Sounds good and allowing to focus on anything you know and get persuasive trying to sell yourself as well as you can, ay? I thought so, but it turned out it basically works like this: you write 90% of the stuff there was in the books, lectures and additional places, and you get 2 points out of 4 because "I really wanted you to add that one word when talking about there was in that one book, I just don't feel that without that one word, it's really good one". Literally lol.

However, my uni sucks in that regard lmao. It's 3rd/4th in the country in terms of quality of education (which is pretty low considering the size of Poland and the standards here) and from what I gather, it has the most fugged up exam styles.

It will definitely not say you anything lol but it's the "UAM" from Poznań/Poznan/Posen.

I guess the harder part, at least in America, is actually passing the bar; lots of people from sh*tty schools fail it in huge numbers.

It's also funny to imagine you writing in serious prose.

JKBart
Same here, you get 2/4 points because of this nitpicking and bam, you failed the exam.

And as far as any serious writing goes, I run a roleplaying community since 2008 and since these 8 years we've done so much shit I wrote a book that touches 10% of the RP at best, too bad it's in Polish obviously

And as far as law goes I've been also working in law since I turned 16 so it's no different for me than writing analysis on Malgus > Yoda smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.