Why is there no quotes/accolades championing Luke as the most powerful Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
Ask 100 of Star Wars debaters who is the G.O.A.T. Jedi, and 99 of them will say Luke is. It's the de facto rule of Star Wars debating, yet it has never been canonically confirmed by any sources. The closes I've came to anything resembling it is an interview with the writers of the NJO series and them basically stating Luke is a Force God, or something analogous to that, IIRC.

My question is: why is it so it never stated?

JKBart
it's too obvious lol

Trocity
This seems an appropriate thread to leave this quote in, since Leg likes to throw around his "Supremely powerful" quotes:

"Luke Skywalker. A simple farmboy--became powerful. Now, beyond powerful." - Star Wars: Invasion

Deronn_solo
@Bart: And Sidious' superiority isn't? mmm

Ursumeles

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
an interview with the writers of the NJO series and them basically stating Luke is a Force God, or something analogous to that, IIRC.

I've love to see that source.

In either case, there is that one line where Caedus muses that Luke might be the best swordsman ever.

quanchi112
Too much importance is put into these hyperbolic quotes. Things need to change.

Azronger
Yes, there are. Two that I've come across.

DarthAnt66
None exist.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Azronger
Yes, there are. Two that I've come across. Quotes?

Petrus
Well, it's been established that Sidious is the most powerful, and we know only Luke was able to contend with him, so there's that. There's also the whole OT explicitly pointing out Luke is the best hope they have to defeat the Empire, Vader and Sidious, which would mean he has the potential to become at least as powerful as the most powerful being in the universe.

It's pretty much logical at this point.

Either way, we'll see just how much Luke's power is established in regards to what we already know/think of him in Ep. VIII, or how much of it is downgraded.

Azronger
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Quotes?

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/5393739-6788966917-53937.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/5139155-vader+knowledge.png

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Shitty quotes. thumb up smile

Beniboybling
Well the whole idea is derived from the concept introduced by Lucas that Luke could achieve the potential of Anakin i.e. the Chosen One.

And Sidious muses I believe in the RotJ novel that he had greater potential than either he or Vader.

Deronn_solo
Yes, Luke is Palpatine greatest adversary, because via his faith and love of his father, caused the fall of Palpatine's Empire, and his "death".

I dunno how that can effectively definitively put Luke is > Yoda. mmm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean hell, Chapter 2 Outlander is referred to as Valkorion's most powerful opponent, and we know how kekworthy that is.

Azronger
"The strongest Jedi" seems to be pretty self-explanatory. Does anyone have any good arguments to counter this?

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean hell, Chapter 2 Outlander is referred to as Valkorion's most powerful opponent, and we know how kekworthy that is.

And just what might the Outlander have to do with Luke Skywalker, I wonder. Don't tell me you're attempting to use one quote that may not be accurate to invalidate all quotes.

And you can't even know if it's true or not after we have seen the Outlander in action in KotET.

Deronn_solo
My eyes must be shit because I didn't see such a quote in those images. xD

Azronger
Yes, they apparently are.

NewGuy01
What if he isn't?

Nephthys
Then it's the Outlander. yes

Azronger
Luke is, perhaps, learning more about the Dark Side than he wants to know. The more the Emperor reveals, the more Luke is repulsed. The sheer depravity of the man would shake the soul of the strongest Jedi.

-Dark Empire endnotes

UCanShootMyNova
That doesn't say Luke's the strongest Jedi... It says Palpatine's depravity would shake the soul of the strongest Jedi.

ILS
Jedi being plural in this case, I'd imagine.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Azronger
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/5393739-6788966917-53937.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111155790/5139155-vader+knowledge.png
The second quote doesn't state Luke's the most powerful, lol. It says Palpatine scares even the most powerful Jedi (plural).

Luke being his greatest adversary can be attributed to the fact that he made Vader chuck him down a hole and led a rebellion that toppled his empire.

Azronger
Given the previous sentence, I'm pretty sure it refers to Luke.

DarthAnt66
It doesn't.

Azronger
Because?

DarthAnt66
Because the quote wouldn't make sense if it was. The tense of the quote is in the present, highlighting Luke's current feelings. And then it abruptly shifts to a past tense saying it "would" shake Luke's soul? No. It's discussing how even "the most powerful Jedi" would be shaken by Palpatine, emphasizing Luke's current dilemma since he's anything but.

Azronger
Fair enough.

SunRazer
For what it's worth, the quotes here suggest that DE Luke is the most powerful Jedi, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Azronger
Why doesn't it? He has the feat that puts him above Yoda.

The Ellimist
If it weren't for JA I'd put DE Luke on Yoda's tier. With JA, it's difficult to say.

Rezuron
Goes without saying cool

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SunRazer
For what it's worth, the quotes here suggest that DE Luke is the most powerful Jedi, which doesn't seem to be the case.

What are you even talking about?

UCanShootMyNova
I don't even think Nova knows what he's talking about most of the time honestly.

SunRazer
The quotes suggest that DE Luke is the most powerful Jedi, which is contradicted by other sources of the time.

Azronger
Which sources?

SunRazer
Can't remember which off the top of my head, but I recall one of those 90's quotes putting Yoda above Luke.

DarthAnt66
That quote would completely change the game, lol. You need to find it.

SunRazer
DE Luke, of course. Not NJO Luke or anything.

DarthAnt66
Pic.

SunRazer
I said I don't have it on hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.