KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why is there no quotes/accolades championing Luke as the most powerful Jedi?

Why is there no quotes/accolades championing Luke as the most powerful Jedi?
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Why is there no quotes/accolades championing Luke as the most powerful Jedi?

Ask 100 of Star Wars debaters who is the G.O.A.T. Jedi, and 99 of them will say Luke is. It's the de facto rule of Star Wars debating, yet it has never been canonically confirmed by any sources. The closes I've came to anything resembling it is an interview with the writers of the NJO series and them basically stating Luke is a Force God, or something analogous to that, IIRC.

My question is: why is it so it [Luke's superiority to a] never stated?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 06:49 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

it's too obvious lol

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 06:51 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

This seems an appropriate thread to leave this quote in, since Leg likes to throw around his "Supremely powerful" quotes:

"Luke Skywalker. A simple farmboy--became powerful. Now, beyond powerful." - Star Wars: Invasion

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

@Bart: And Sidious' superiority isn't?

Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

In general, post-RotJ(except for DE) doesn´t seems to have many accolades.

Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Re: Why is there no quotes/accolades championing Luke as the most powerful Jedi?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
an interview with the writers of the NJO series and them basically stating Luke is a Force God, or something analogous to that, IIRC.

I've love to see that source.

In either case, there is that one line where Caedus muses that Luke might be the best swordsman ever.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 07:16 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Too much importance is put into these hyperbolic quotes. Things need to change.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 07:21 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yes, there are. Two that I've come across.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

None exist.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Azronger
Yes, there are. Two that I've come across.
Quotes?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Well, it's been established that Sidious is the most powerful, and we know only Luke was able to contend with him, so there's that. There's also the whole OT explicitly pointing out Luke is the best hope they have to defeat the Empire, Vader and Sidious, which would mean he has the potential to become at least as powerful as the most powerful being in the universe.

It's pretty much logical at this point.

Either way, we'll see just how much Luke's power is established in regards to what we already know/think of him in Ep. VIII, or how much of it is downgraded.

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Shitty quotes. thumb up smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:56 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well the whole idea is derived from the concept introduced by Lucas that Luke could achieve the potential of Anakin i.e. the Chosen One.

And Sidious muses I believe in the RotJ novel that he had greater potential than either he or Vader.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Yes, Luke is Palpatine greatest adversary, because via his faith and love of his father, caused the fall of Palpatine's Empire, and his "death".

I dunno how that can effectively definitively put Luke is > Yoda.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:58 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I mean hell, Chapter 2 Outlander is referred to as Valkorion's most powerful opponent, and we know how kekworthy that is.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 08:59 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

"The strongest Jedi" seems to be pretty self-explanatory. Does anyone have any good arguments to counter this?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 09:36 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean hell, Chapter 2 Outlander is referred to as Valkorion's most powerful opponent, and we know how kekworthy that is.

And just what might the Outlander have to do with Luke Skywalker, I wonder. Don't tell me you're attempting to use one quote that may not be accurate to invalidate all quotes.

And you can't even know if it's true or not after we have seen the Outlander in action in KotET.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 09:38 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

My eyes must be shit because I didn't see such a quote in those images. xD

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 09:38 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Yes, they apparently are.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2016 09:39 PM