New DOS fight without Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Can this group stop DOS Doomsday? No bfr fight on earth in Jersey.

Team
Black Bolt
Magneto
Monica Rambeau
Thor (Masterson)
Graviton
Immortal Hercules

Last Line Beta Ray Bill

carver9
Is this DOS Doomsday?

carver9
My bad, it's clear as day in the opening. A lot of people here can solo. Bill outright kills him.

shadowknight
Originally posted by carver9
My bad, it's clear as day in the opening. A lot of people here can solo. Bill outright kills him. Please, Please, with sugar on top!!! Put the pipe down.

krisblaze
Bolt shouts him down.

Cogito
Originally posted by krisblaze
Bolt shouts him down.

Can't think of a time that DD hasn't shrugged off energy based attacks with zero effort, with the exception of the off-panel-far-in-the-past deaths to the Radiant and a Guardian.

That includes the combined energy attacks of the JLA, Darkseid, etc.

So no, BB's shout isn't likely to do shit but make him angry.

bluewaterrider
Death of Superman Doomsday could not fly.

Graviton suspends Doomsday in the air to the height of his allies' choosing.

h1a8
DD kills them all. Brb with the Thor might win though. But they have to keep their distance.

cdtm
Originally posted by krisblaze
Bolt shouts him down.

Pre DOS, he took a Guardian suicide explosion, and an attack from a gestalt energy being called The Radiant that decimated something like a third of a planet.

As strong as BB's scream is, I can't see him bettering what DD's already evolved past.

Insane Titan
Team wins.

deathslash
Team decimates him

Juntai
Who there can output high enough to **** with Doomsday?

Nothing could really hurt him until Superman maxed out and dumped out all his energy.

Who among the team can push themselves that they could believably output Superman pushing harder than he ever did? Especially taking consderation that Superman has smacked down an unbelievable list of opponents without pushing as hard as he does vs Doomsday.

That was the point of Doomsday.

If you feel the team has that person, there's your answer.
If not, there's your answer.

Galan007
IF the team wins, they sure as hell aren't doing it by blasting/shouting Doomsday to death. ermm

carver9
And Thor along with Bill's is just as powerful as Superman. Hell, if Bill's unload all of his true power, he could probably one shot kill Doomsday. The guy was withstanding planets exploding on him and black hole pulls. I doubt DOS Doomsday is close to the power output Bill was dishing out during his run. This isn't including the others here. It will take a more powerful Doomsday to contend and I can't think of a single Doomsday that could beat this line up.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
IF the team wins, they sure as hell aren't doing it by blasting/shouting Doomsday to death. ermm

Why not?

Juntai
IF the team wins, they sure as hell aren't doing it by blasting/shouting Doomsday to death. ermm That too.

Juntai
And Thor along with Bill's is just as powerful as Superman. Hell, if Bill's unload all of his true power, he could probably one shot kill Doomsday. The guy was withstanding planets exploding on him and black hole pulls. I doubt DOS Doomsday is close to the power output Bill was dishing out during his run. This isn't including the others here. It will take a more powerful Doomsday to contend and I can't think of a single Doomsday that could beat this line up. This whole post is laughable.

Juntai

golem370
Thor was able to produce enough energy to seal or destroy a stargate.

Galan007
I can't think of a single Doomsday that could beat this line up. laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
Superman survived a nova blast from starbreaker yet he couldn't survive doomsday.

Nova blast >>>>>>> any planet busting feat, nova blast is at least multi planet busting feat.

This happened under the same writer.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Superman survived a nova blast from starbreaker yet he couldn't survive doomsday.

Nova blast >>>>>>> any planet busting feat, nova blast is at least multi planet busting feat.

This happened under the same writer.

Is there any proof that Starbreaker's nova blast possessed enough power to destroy multiple planets? Johnny Storm has created nova blasts in the past, and as devastating as they were, they weren't remotely close to being planet threatening blasts. Starbreaker is more powerful than the Human Torch, but was there a citation telling us exactly how powerful the blast was? If not, how could anyone begin to gauge the scope of that blast?

DTM
As much as I support Doomsday in general, I dont see his DOS form beating this team.

EcstaticGrace
laughing out loud

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Cogito
Can't think of a time that DD hasn't shrugged off energy based attacks with zero effort, with the exception of the off-panel-far-in-the-past deaths to the Radiant and a Guardian.

Can't think of a time BB has had power like that without some sort of amp or being out of continuity..

EcstaticGrace
The only real problem on this team is Monica.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Stoic
Is there any proof that Starbreaker's nova blast possessed enough power to destroy multiple planets? Johnny Storm has created nova blasts in the past, and as devastating as they were, they weren't remotely close to being planet threatening blasts. Starbreaker is more powerful than the Human Torch, but was there a citation telling us exactly how powerful the blast was? If not, how could anyone begin to gauge the scope of that blast?

Read the arcs from before DOS and you can see how powerful he was.

Not near my cpu so I can't provide scans of his beam attacks, but here is Galan's respect thread of starbreaker.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t518403.html

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic

Starbreaker encased Superman in a localized sphere of energy. That's why it didn't destroy the planet, which Beyonder was trying to harvest.

But he claimed in no uncertain terms that Superman could not stand up to the energies of a super nova, and KO'd him with it (But didn't kill him.)

krisblaze
Originally posted by Cogito

I too struggle to think of Doomsdays that have killed by enegy attacks outsife the ones that were killed by energy attacks.

I also cant think of any Doomsday were affected by physical attacks. With the exception of those that were killed by ohysical attacks.

bluewaterrider
More interesting to me is that Death of Superman (DOS) Doomsday, who cannot fly, and had to paddle his way out of a lake once dropped in, was apparently contained in a suit bound with metal.

And we have Graviton on this team, who can simply levitate non-flying, non-projectile wielding Doomsday in the air at the height of the team's choice, till they can decide what to do with him.

Darn it! If only we had someone on this team who could manipulate metal, like even that of the suit Doomsday is wearing, which bound him before ...

riv6672
Originally posted by Juntai
Nothing could really hurt him until Superman maxed out and dumped out all his energy.
That was the point of Doomsday.
The point of Doomsday was to provide a great story, and he did.
Superman fought stupid as hell in that story, and it seems every hero on earth was on vacation minus like 7 of them.

This team isnt bound by story telling constraints, as its a forum fight, and far out powers the handful of JLAers that played fodder to build up suspense for the main event in DOS.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
More interesting to me is that Death of Superman (DOS) Doomsday, who cannot fly, and had to paddle his way out of a lake once dropped in, was apparently contained in a suit bound with metal.

And we have Graviton on this team, who can simply levitate non-flying, non-projectile wielding Doomsday in the air at the height of the team's choice, till they can decide what to do with him.

Darn it! If only we had someone on this team who could manipulate metal, like even that of the suit Doomsday is wearing, which bound him before ...

^^^This.

One of dozens of ways a team as versatile as this could handle the situation.

TheLordofMurder
This team can beat DoS Doomsday so many way its laughable...

The only chance DoS Doomsday has is if the team fights like complete, brain dead, morons...

If the team uses even an inkling of intellect, DoS Doomsday loses very rapidly...

As has been correctly pointed out already; DoS Doomsday cant fly; Graviton can could just levitate Doomsday until Thor (for example) opens a portal to some remote dimension and dumps him in it...

Team wins 10/10 with ease...

Rao Kal El
Doomsday has a history of adapting to energies on the fly or just plain out canceling energy beings.

As a matter of fact Radiant was the ultimate energy life form, that was the only reason why Radiant defeated him. Because Doomsday was the ultimate life form but he never faced the ultimate energy life form.

At the pooint of DOS Doomsday is already inmune to Radiant.

No BFR team is in for a fight

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Doomsday has a history of adapting to energies on the fly or just plain out canceling energy beings.

As a matter of fact Radiant was the ultimate energy life form, that was the only reason why Radiant defeated him. Because Doomsday was the ultimate life form but he never faced the ultimate energy life form.

At the pooint of DOS Doomsday is already inmune to Radiant.

It doesnt take Thor long to open portals to other dimensions; it literally takes seconds...

Graviton could absolutely hold him long enough to dump Doomsday somewhere remote...

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
It doesnt take Thor long to open portals to other dimensions; it literally takes seconds...

Graviton could absolutely hold him long enough to dump Doomsday somewhere remote...

Lol No BFR read OP

riv6672
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

Doomsday fan fic has him adapting to things at super speed now (except, you know, being thrown in a lake or light bondage), how cute. No wonder i dont read RK-Es wisdom pearls. laughing

Was a fun thread to read, though. I can see this going for many pages.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by riv6672
Doomsday fan fic has him adapting to things at super speed now, how cute. No wonder i dont read RK-Es wisdom pearls. laughing

Was a fun thread to read, though. I can see this going for many pages.

You don't read them because you are a troll and a pu$$y that when called out starts crying. laughing out loud

bluewaterrider
The schoolyard-style taunt to Riv sounds like a tacit admission that there's no counter this version of Doomsday has to the non-lethal "levitate and contain" strategy proposed for Graviton and Magneto, who are listed prominently as members of the Marvel Team.

Note that BFR or "Battlefield Removal" is not involved here -- the team just leaves Doomsday ON the field, harmless and contained.

Too bad Hulk wasn't listed as a participant. I so hoped for the opportunity to show the following scan in the course of valid debate ...

http://s6d5.turboimg.net/t1/31587940_image.jpg

Rao Kal El
He canceled out a time stopper in any universe breaking the laws of time >>>>>>>>>> laws of gravity.

He adapted to the energies of green lanterns, adapted to yellow rings energies, mystical energies from bloodwynd, booster's energies, fire's energies and Superman's energies, not to mention the other energies he adapted during year one.

With this record it is safer to say that he could adapt than he will not smile

Team is in for the fight of their lives.

And LOL at your scan "carver2" that is a computer simulation. Sad trolling attempt laughing out loud

carver9
Sad thing is, Doomsday would get merked by Hulk if they fought in a book.

Rao Kal El
laughing out loud

bluewaterrider

LOL at your scan "carver2" that is a computer simulation.
Sad trolling attempt laughing out loud

Brought a smile to people's faces, helped clear my desktop, AND got you to re-focus on something semi-substantive instead of lame attempts at insulting, Salsa.

Now, for the rest of this ...

He canceled out a time stopper in any universe breaking the laws of time >>>>>>>>>> laws of gravity.

He adapted to the energies of green lanterns, adapted to yellow rings energies, mystical energies from bloodwynd, booster's energies, fire's energies and Superman's energies, not to mention the other energies he adapted during year one.

With this record it is safer to say that he could adapt than he will not smile

Team is in for the fight of their lives.

... you've got to back this up. And for a TRUE counter, since nearly everything listed was in the form of lethal, body-destroying energy that threatened survival, you need to show Doomsday adapting to a non-threatening or restraining force.

cdtm
Brought a smile to people's faces, helped clear my desktop, AND got you to re-focus on something semi-substantive instead of lame attempts at insulting, Salsa.

Now, for the rest of this ...

... you've got to back this up. And for a TRUE counter, since nearly everything listed was in the form of lethal, body-destroying energy that threatened survival, you need to show Doomsday adapting to a non-threatening or restraining force.

I can do the last one easy:

Waverider uses his chronal energies to see Doomsdays history. Then he taps him again later, and gets discorporated (Second attempt he would have done something threatening, but he never got the chance.)

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by cdtm
I can do the last one easy:

Waverider uses his chronal energies to see Doomsdays history. Then he taps him again later, and gets discorporated (Second attempt he would have done something threatening, but he never got the chance.)

thumb up

There is also this one:

Doomsday fights/kills an ancient Green Lantern, evolves immunity to said energies, takes his ring, and begins heading for Oa--killing hundreds of Lanterns and injuring a thousand more in the process:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl1.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl2.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl3.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl4.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl5.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl6.jpg

Doomsday takes on a Guardian, and tanks his final (and most powerful) attack:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl7.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl8.jpg http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/th_dd_gl9.jpg

DarkSaint85
Don't forget, prior to Johns, Lanterns could not use lethal force.

So every instance of GLs attacking Doomsday, is with non lethal force that was not a threat to his survival.

Cogito
^ Guardians had no such restrictions

The Pict
Team takes the majority IMO. Too much versatility for DoS Doomsday.

And Thor along with Bill's is just as powerful as Superman. Hell, if Bill's unload all of his true power, he could probably one shot kill Doomsday.

nope

It will take a more powerful Doomsday to contend and I can't think of a single Doomsday that could beat this line up.

Doomsday from H/P. He couldn't be killed and had to be removed from existence.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Don't forget, prior to Johns, Lanterns could not use lethal force.

So every instance of GLs attacking Doomsday, is with non lethal force that was not a threat to his survival.

That's not entirely true... The "no kill" restriction "can" be overridden.

Remember, Emerald Twilight was pre Johns, and that itself was pre DOS story.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by cdtm
That's not entirely true... The "no kill" restriction "can" be overridden.

Remember, Emerald Twilight was pre Johns, and that itself was pre DOS story.

Yah, but not by Lanterns not named Jordan, IIRC.

@Cogito: Hence, GL's, rather than Oan energy.

Cogito
@Cogito: Hence, GL's, rather than Oan energy.
But since a Guardian failed to put him down, I'm not sure what your point is?

carver9
Originally posted by The Pict
Team takes the majority IMO. Too much versatility for DoS Doomsday.

nope

Doomsday from H/P. He couldn't be killed and had to be removed from existence.

But he was hurt though.

DarkSaint85
Bluewater was asking for examples of him adapting to non lethal energies.

I said GL energies are non lethal. And he adapted just fine.

cdtm

thumb up

bluewaterrider
Well, I've seen enough to convince me that Death of Superman Doomsday is hax enough to have SOME sort of chance against this Marvel team. Too low to do anything but still go with the team, though.

Show me the DOS version of Doomsday could fly and I might change my mind.
If not, I don't see where Doomsday has any legitimate shot of resisting simple levitation by Graviton. Whereupon Magneto has all the time he needs to decide how to gift wrap DD. And has his choice of whether to use the metal in DD's suit from DOS, the air surrounding them (as he did in Secret Wars, to make a metal comb for the wasp, scan given below) and/or whatever metal he would like to use from the New Jersey the OP has given as our fight site.

For good measure, Beta Ray Bill can have some fun with DD after Graviton and Magneto subdue him, and set his hammer on top of DD (Brb's hammer has the same "unliftable" clause as Thor's hammer, if memory serves), and see if DD has the wherewithal to stand up again.

My personal guess is
"No. Doomsday doesn't".

Marvel Team 9/10.

http://s6d3.turboimg.net/t1/31590738_image.jpg http://s6d3.turboimg.net/t1/31590739_image.jpg http://s6d3.turboimg.net/t1/31590740_image.jpg

Cogito

I see now, sorry.

However, Hal used his pre-Johns ring to kill a dozen lanterns in Zero Hour, including 'Wog.

Bluewater presents a case that's pretty difficult to argue for or against. It was not until H/P that Doomsday specifically evolved a ranged attack/defense against flying. However, pre-DOS DD was specifically stated to have evolved defenses against Oan energies (both GL and Guardian), so it's not like he didn't have that on-the-fly adaptation power during DOS, he just hadn't displayed a specific ranged adaptation that Blue is looking for at that time. Hence, pretty difficult to argue for or against no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.