Powerless (DC Universe)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
The first sitcom series set within the world of the DC Universe. The series is set to premiere on February 2, 2017.

In a world where humanity must cope with the collateral damage of superheroes and supervillains, Emily Locke begins her first day as Director of Research & Development for Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in products that make defenseless bystanders feel a little safer.

Starring Vanessa Hudgens, Danny Pudi, Alan Tudyk, Christina Kirk, Ron Funches.

lUU8roJFSNg

marwash22
why not just make 'Damage Control'?

edit: apparently that's happening as well.

riv6672
^^^Haha, dueling shows.

This looks stupid. I'll check out the first ep. though.

staxamillion
could be a thing thanks for look

Surtur
The problem I have with this show is..there are certain shows that come out where if they fail..the level of failure is up for debate, sometimes it's a huge failure other times its not a huge failure, but still a show didn't get enough ratings, etc.

I feel like with this show if it fails..it's going to fail HARD and to epic proportions.

Flyattractor
Hey isn't one of those guys from the Best Show Ever once known as FireFly?

So now this is the BEST SHOW EVER!

Woo so gonna watch.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by marwash22
why not just make 'Damage Control'?

edit: apparently that's happening as well.

Yeah, I heard a while back that Damage Control was in the works. I'm quite curious to see how both of these shows will pan out. I feel like it's one of those situations where they are either going to be great, or really, really bad. Instead of just landing somewhere in the middle.

riv6672
Good call on the middle road.

carthage
no thanks

Surtur
Makes more sense as Marvel show, Marvel just seems to be better with humor.

Dreampanther
sjNDJlVevSI

staxamillion
the promo didn't pull me in. the guy from community is a draw for me so I'll check it out. I don't always like a show at first anyways a lot of times it takes 3 eps to like or dislike for me...

that damage control looks legit

Surtur
Originally posted by Dreampanther
sjNDJlVevSI

Yikes, that "it's a bird, it's a plane" joke was cringeworthy as f*ck.

tkitna
That looks awful. I'm out.

TheVaultDweller
sjNDJlVevSI

That was like watching the trailer for the new Baywatch movie. I really wanted to find some humour I could appreciate... but I didn't. Though I usually enjoy Danny Pudi (fun fact, he made a small cameo in CA:TWS), so might still give the pilot a shot.

Dreampanther
O6IozfelO_4

Surtur
I will say this: I don't hate Alan Tudyk. The Van Wayne character seems like the only funny part so far.

Darth Thor
I'll watch for Alan Tudyk. Or at least I'll give it a chance.

staxamillion
tis growing on me. I can say that.

riv6672
Watched the premiere last night.
Yeah i'll watch another. Not hitting record series yet.

I was pleased at the dry humor, liked Adam West's voice over, and surprised they used Crimson Fox and Jack O Lantern as the resident supers (thats 2 examples of digging into the DC vault).

Dreampanther
Yeah, I liked it. Silly, but fun. Lots of Easter eggs and in-jokes for the fanboys and girls. Reminded me a bit of The Big Bang Theory when it just started, which is ironic, since I watched the newest episode of TBBT just after Powerless and didn't find it half as funny.

Mindset
Yeah, I liked it. Silly, but fun. Lots of Easter eggs and in-jokes for the fanboys and girls. Reminded me a bit of The Big Bang Theory when it just started, which is ironic, since I watched the newest episode of TBBT just after Powerless and didn't find it half as funny. If it reminds you of TBBT, then it must be terrible.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Mindset
If it reminds you of TBBT, then it must be terrible.

Like your opinion.

Awards and nominations
Award Won Nominated
American Film Institute Awards
1 1
Art Directors Guilds
1 4
CBS Fan Awards
4 7
Critics' Choice Television Awards
5 18
Directors Guild of America Awards
0 3
EWwy Awards
2 7
Golden Globe Awards
1 7
Kerrang! Awards
0 1
Kids' Choice Awards
1 8
National Television Awards
1 4
Online Film Critics Society Awards
9 31
People's Choice Awards
7 17
Primetime Emmy Awards
7 39
Producers Guild of America Awards
0 4
Satellite Awards
3 14
Screen Actors Guild Awards
0 8
TCA Awards
3 10
Teen Choice Awards
3 20
TV Guide Awards
5 9
Young Hollywood Awards
0 2
Total number of wins and nominations
Totals 52 213

Mindset
Lol TBBT is garbage.

riv6672
Like your opinion.

Awards and nominations
Award Won Nominated
American Film Institute Awards
1 1
Art Directors Guilds
1 4
CBS Fan Awards
4 7
Critics' Choice Television Awards
5 18
Directors Guild of America Awards
0 3
EWwy Awards
2 7
Golden Globe Awards
1 7
Kerrang! Awards
0 1
Kids' Choice Awards
1 8
National Television Awards
1 4
Online Film Critics Society Awards
9 31
People's Choice Awards
7 17
Primetime Emmy Awards
7 39
Producers Guild of America Awards
0 4
Satellite Awards
3 14
Screen Actors Guild Awards
0 8
TCA Awards
3 10
Teen Choice Awards
3 20
TV Guide Awards
5 9
Young Hollywood Awards
0 2
Total number of wins and nominations
Totals 52 213
I find its better not to argue with someone who's opinion is 'this sucks' with no reasoning to follow.
You waste time throwing together an argument and just get the same comment as a reply, with maybe an lol tacked on.

Some just cant differentiate between 'i dont like this' and 'this is bad'. If they could, they'd have better arguments to begin with.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by riv6672
I find its better not to argue with someone who's opinion is 'this sucks' with no reasoning to follow.
You waste time throwing together an argument and just get the same comment as a reply, with maybe an lol tacked on.

Some just cant differentiate between 'i dont like this' and 'this is bad'. If they could, they'd have better arguments to begin with.

I agree.

Which is why I didn't bother to type out a reply or formulate an argument, I just copied and pasted that list of awards evil face evil face

riv6672
Oh thank god, i thought you put time into that! thumb up

Dreampanther
Originally posted by riv6672
Oh thank god, i thought you put time into that! thumb up

eek!

TheVaultDweller
I wasn't very impressed with the pilot, but will give it another episode before making up my mind.

staxamillion
it has a couple more eps in now? is it good? the TBBT comparison threw me off because I do not like that show

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.