Cloak and Dagger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/cloak-and-dagger-explained-who-are-these-marvel-heroes

Yet another Netflix Marvel show. I'm glad Netflix is keeping the ball rolling on these

-Pr-
Is it a Netflix show? Strange, I had heard it wasn't.

Either way, colour me interested.

TheVaultDweller
Seems Marvel is spreading out the movie/tv franchises. Along with all the Defenders Netflix stuff, they have this now, and they are doing a Runaways show on Hulu as well, and the actors have already been cast for that.

Dreampanther
Nice.

carthage
I thought this was running on cable not Netflix, would rather see a Moon Knight, Blade, or anything else tbh. Last article I read they wanted it to be a teen show or some stupid shit like of was that Runaways?

TheVaultDweller
E5hrFVQiGyk

Flyattractor
Wow. Dark and Emo to the core.

How can people watch this shit?

wakkawakkawakka
Why is Cloak wearing a bed sheet? And dagger is holding...glowsticks?

BruceSkywalker
looks interesting

staxamillion
yeah that cloak did look pretty lame. should have been one of the major visual selling points... meh

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
Is it a Netflix show? Strange, I had heard it wasn't.

That's because its not

its going to be on Freeform.

Surtur
Eh, doesn't look that good to me. Most of the trailer was just boring teen emo crap.

By the time it got to the part where it was showing powers and stuff...it started to look rather silly. The girls phantom zone key crystal, the guys black bed sheet, etc.

Originally posted by Kazenji
That's because its not

its going to be on Freeform.

Okay this makes sense, because I was going to say if this is netflix then they have really dropped the ball, even compared to the Iron Fist show.

Dreampanther
This starts tonight. Rating on IMDB is already at 5.6

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Dreampanther
This starts tonight. Rating on IMDB is already at 5.6 Ouch. Guess I won't be in any rush to watch it then. I figured they'd be at the top of their game after how much of a disaster Defenders was and how mediocre JJ season 2 was.

tkitna
I'm liking it. Just wish they would speed things up.

samhain
^Same here. Enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would but the 2nd episode plodded a little bit, hopefully the way it left off we should have things moving along a bit quicker now.

BruceSkywalker

Dreampanther
The first two episodes of Cloak & Dagger weren't too bad, certainly not as bad as the initial 5.6 rating would have suggested. I see that rating has now climbed to 6.6 after the episodes were officially released. Curious, hmm?

Anyway, I wish they used a different soundtrack as it felt like they were trying a bit too hard for a moody atmosphere. All it did was make it feel slow at places. Otherwise, I'm interested enough to watch a few more episodes to see how it develops. It is probably aimed at a somewhat younger audience than I am, though.

samhain
Cloak & Dagger always seemed a bit older in the comics. The music thing annoys me because on both episodes they have used the same song for the end credits that they used to close out the episode, meaning, they play a song, it gets a couple of minutes into it, the episode ends and the same song starts again, that's either a serious lack of imagination or poor editing.

Darth Thor
Is this Marvel Proper? Or is it one of those Fox-Marvel shows?

carthage
its set in the MCU but like the Netflix universe/Runaways its more or less disconnected

Darth Thor
Alrite cool. That means I have to watch it.

Dreampanther
This is turning into a very watchable adaptation. It's a slow burner and so far not much has happened except for setting up the pieces, but despite that I'm getting sucked into the story.

TheVaultDweller
I didn't mind the first episode, but the second one dragged too much and I lost interest.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I didn't mind the first episode, but the second one dragged too much and I lost interest.

Just my opinion, but I think you're going to miss out. It's getting better with every episode so far.

tkitna
Thought the 3rd episode kind of sucked. They should have combined the 2nd and 3rd episodes and got something happening. Still like the show, but its dragging.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Just my opinion, but I think you're going to miss out. It's getting better with every episode so far.

I will probably throw it on again when I don't have anything major to do and let it run in the background or something, but I am not in a particular rush.

And that's not just to do with this show. MCU shows, in general, have been a massive disappointment to me recently. Inhumans sucked, Runaways was meh IMO, Defenders was only okay, Jessica Jones s2 sucked. Only one in recent times I genuinely liked a lot was The Punisher and Agents of SHIELD, and even those were a bit slow at points.

So, yeah, it's not just this show dragging that has put me off. It's the series of disappointments that have been several of the last MCU tv shows that have made me reluctant to continue.

BruceSkywalker
this show drags too much... it really should be much better

carthage

Dreampanther
Yeah, it's a good story but it draaaags.

carthage
These kids suck at using their powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.