Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
The Rock confirms Black Adam solo news coming soon!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQyl2A1_ZQ

Surtur
Nice, Black Adam is awesome. Let us hope they don't ruin him.

BruceSkywalker
its already ruined.. he'll beat up cavil in man of steel 2 as well

riv6672
Originally posted by juggernaut74
The Rock confirms Black Adam solo news coming soon!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQyl2A1_ZQ

Love me some Black Adam. thumb up

vansonbee
Am I getting this right? Black Adam is the prequel to Captain Marvel introduction? Is this movie going to take place back in ancient Egypt or we going to have Black Adam driving off like "fast and furious" in modern age?

Zack M
The Rock teases a big Black Adam surprise is coming to the DC Films universe

I can't wait. Rock is gonna kill it as Adam! thumb up

juggernaut74
He's going to slap Chris Evans back to the Fantastic Four and Chris Pratt back to sitcom TV.

Flyattractor
When did Black Adam exactly become a "Anti-Hero" from a Super Villain?

KingD19
Originally posted by Flyattractor
When did Black Adam exactly become a "Anti-Hero" from a Super Villain?

When he forcibly overthrew Khandaq's corrupt and oppressive government. From there he basically withdrew from the world and focused on running his kingdom. And he actually did a damn good job, to the point where the people loved him unconditionally and didn't give a shit about anything he'd done, even as Theo Adam and Teth Adam back in the Egyptian days. He was also on the JSA for a bit.

-Pr-
It was a shame he had to go and ruin it all by murdering an entire country.

BruceSkywalker
he will be portrayed as an anti-hero, imo...

he will join the justice league in the sequel, if there is one

marwash22
Originally posted by -Pr-
It was a shame he had to go and ruin it all by murdering an entire country. in his defense, they started it. Adam was minding his business and they killed his wife and almost destroyed his country... i don't really blame him for going all John Wick on Bialya; they were a casualty.

irrc, didn't you defend Namor for similar actions against Wakanda?

Flyattractor
As long as it keeps Dwayne out of the proposed Lobo movie,
I am all for the Black Adam Movie.

KingD19
He's not wrong though. Even though Adam was definitely justified to a point, he took it deep into pure villain territory. Killing his best friend in Atom Smasher, killing scores of innocent people who had nothing to do with Isis' death, etc...

WW3 turned him from Anti-Hero to Villain, no questions asked.

marwash22
he killed innocent people, a reprehensible act, sure... but his actions were brought on by grief and revenge, not pure villainy.

don't star-teth none, won't be be-teth none.

KingD19
Originally posted by marwash22
he killed innocent people, a reprehensible act, sure... but his actions were brought on by grief and revenge, not pure villainy.

don't star-teth none, won't be be-teth none.

Grief against a single digit % of an entire country responsible for his wife's death and what not does not excuse him retaliating against innocents, women, children, civilians who had nothing to do with what happened. That's villainous no matter how you want to look at it.

-Pr-
To me, there's a difference between reasons and excuses. I won't even pretend that If I was in Adam's position I wouldn't have done the same thing, but I honestly don't think that he can do what he did and be considered an anti-hero in general, even if his behaviour shifts as such.

There are plenty of villains who don't have villainous motives who are still considered villains, after all.

Originally posted by marwash22
in his defense, they started it. Adam was minding his business and they killed his wife and almost destroyed his country... i don't really blame him for going all John Wick on Bialya; they were a casualty.

irrc, didn't you defend Namor for similar actions against Wakanda?

I genuinely don't remember if I did. I might have. Though I admit, I don't read a lot of Namor or Panther, so there's a chance it wasn't me.

marwash22
Originally posted by KingD19
Grief against a single digit % of an entire country responsible for his wife's death and what not does not excuse him retaliating against innocents, women, children, civilians who had nothing to do with what happened. That's villainous no matter how you want to look at it. i don't disagree that he's more villain than anti-hero... i'm just saying, he didn't wake up one day an decide, "the world must burn today".

he had... reasons.

edit: also, those kids had it coming.

riv6672
To me, there's a difference between reasons and excuses. I won't even pretend that If I was in Adam's position I wouldn't have done the same thing, but I honestly don't think that he can do what he did and be considered an anti-hero in general, even if his behaviour shifts as such.

There are plenty of villains who don't have villainous motives who are still considered villains, after all.

I genuinely don't remember if I did. I might have. Though I admit, I don't read a lot of Namor or Panther, so there's a chance it wasn't me.
Dont start none, wont be none.

Pretty simple rule of thumb. Did innocents get caught in the crossfire? Yes. And that was the most realistic part of the story, sadly.

Surtur
It was a shame he had to go and ruin it all by murdering an entire country.

Remember that time he called a press conference in Metropolis and then ripped a super villain in half in front of everyone, including a horrified Lois Lane? Good times.

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/5074608_orig.jpg

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/6197519_orig.jpg

What a scamp.

Zack M
I wonder if they'll make Black Adam Rated R.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Surtur
Remember that time he called a press conference in Metropolis and then ripped a super villain in half in front of everyone, including a horrified Lois Lane? Good times.

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/5074608_orig.jpg

http://www.the-fanboy-perspective.com/uploads/1/7/3/8/17382151/6197519_orig.jpg

What a scamp.

thumb up

Originally posted by Zack M
I wonder if they'll make Black Adam Rated R.

If it's part of the universe, I can't see them doing it. But it would take real guts.

Zack M
http://heroichollywood.com/rock-introduction-black-adam-dceu/

YCyoZ2kWD_Q

Robtard
Said it before, do hope hey take the anti-hero approach instead of making him out to be a classic villain. Go the path of Wolverine but a bit more of a dick, is what I'm saying

Also, while Dwayne Johnson absolutely looks the part and I can't think of who should play Black Adam, he's always come off as a no-shit serious guy to me, not sure Johnson can do the role justice.

carthage
Cart before the horse

They keep announcing more projects when they're both not making any progress on stuff like the Flash. Slow down

Darth Thor
They've been going on about Black Adam for around 5 years now. Just announce something already. Give me a production date and director.

Zack M
They certainly have a plan for him. BA is Geoff Johns's baby.

Kazenji

YCyoZ2kWD_Q

thumb up

Armie needs more work.

marwash22
I can see Armie Hammer as Shazam.

or... Tom Welling.

Zack M
The Rock teases a smackdown with Superman.

https://www.facebook.com/Fandango/videos/10154552317926200/

Darth Thor
He already teased that like 5 years ago... Bored of the teasing now.

TheVaultDweller
Pffft... I suggested Armie Hammer back in January already. The Rock is trying to steal my thunder. mad

But seriously, from a physical point of view, he could definitely work. Might need to bulk up a bit, but he has the height already. And his name has been floating around DC for a while, though some suggested that they wanted to cast him as Nightwing.

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He already teased that like 5 years ago... Bored of the teasing now.

But we knew that it wouldn't come out for a while. Plus, he hasn't teased that five years ago.

Darth Thor
Plus, he hasn't teased that five years ago.

Feels like it though.

Zack M
The Rock just met Henry Cavill not too long ago, within the last year. When SHAZAM was announced, I doubt they had any plans on BA fighting Superman, but now that they released that BA will have his own solo movie, Rock is teasing more news.

Darth Thor
^ I wish they would just get on with a Shazam movie tbh. But let's see how a BA film turns out. Maybe they have a good idea for it.

Zack M
I wish they would just announce who IS SHAZAM. Kind of annoying that they haven't casted an actor.

Darth Thor
Probably will wind up being Armie Hammer.

But my choice still would have been Joe Manganiello.

riv6672
EDIT. Wrong thread.

Senor Cage
Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson's DC Movie Finally Lands Director

juggernaut74
Cool.

Now in about 12 years they'll start filming.

BruceSkywalker
has this actually stated filming, coz The Rock hasn't said anything

Darth Thor
Flash also has a director. As does New Gods.

Lets see which one of those 3 makes it out of development hell first.

Lets also see if this can start before The Rock makes his move to Marvel.

Senor Cage
They've worked together, which is why they picked him up.

Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson Reacts to New Director

quanchi112
Years of teasing. No one cares anymore.

juggernaut74
The Rock says(get it) production starts next summer in July I hear.

dadudemon

When the leaders of our governments are killing innocents all the time in military operations and poor-intel stings, yeah, it's hard to tell where the villains and heroes really are.

Flyattractor
http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Fjr6v88OPk7U4/giphy.gif

Eon Blue

NemeBro
Fly isn't that cute.

Darth Thor
Yeah I doubt Fly looks anything like her.

Flyattractor
I am hot and you all want me.

And back on topic.

I would love to see more Shazam(The Real Captain Marvel) but as for Black Adam. I am all for it, but I do not want Dwayne The Rock Can't Act Johnson to do it. Cause He can't Act.

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
Atom Smasher has been cast...

https://deadline.com/2020/07/black-adam-adds-noah-centineo-as-atom-smasher-1202987665/

Surtur
Nice, this movie needs to be filmed before Rock gets too old.

riv6672
Nice, this movie needs to be filmed before Rock gets too old.

Adequate I guess.

Ridley_Prime
-JHpeVfIKGo

Bh3AK1nQ-R4

The MVP out of today's reveal trailers, methinks.

-Pr-
It doesn't hurt that The Rock speaks about it with real enthusiasm.

Flyattractor
Now if only the Rock could actually ACT!

-Pr-
no expression

riv6672
Ha, the Rock is gonna nail this out of the park!

Mixed metaphors...awaaaay!

Surtur
I haven't followed The Rock's career for a very long time. I haven't seen him in any of the Fast and Furious movies. It's been probably over a decade since I've seen a movie with him in it. He has the look, but I hope his acting chops have improved. I can't tell from those trailers if they have since he's just doing a voice over.

I do like how they are making him out more to be an anti-hero instead of a villain. In the DC animated short where he fights Superman and Captain Marvel he's just a villain.

Estacado
90% of the Rock movies are garbage still I have hope for this....

KingD19
The Rock showed his chops way back in Gridiron Gang and does a d*mn good job in Ballers. He tends to stay in the lighter, more comedic side of things but he's a great actor considering 89% of his career was wrestling and kayfabe. This movie is gonna rock. Pun intended.

BruceSkywalker
just want the rock to beat up cavil and the scrawny dude from shazam

Surtur
They need to include Psycho Pirate in the movie just so Black Adam can use his "no more silly faces" move.

NemeBro
I haven't followed The Rock's career for a very long time. I haven't seen him in any of the Fast and Furious movies. It's been probably over a decade since I've seen a movie with him in it. He has the look, but I hope his acting chops have improved. I can't tell from those trailers if they have since he's just doing a voice over.

I do like how they are making him out more to be an anti-hero instead of a villain. In the DC animated short where he fights Superman and Captain Marvel he's just a villain. It's animated, but he put out a strong performance in Moana.

BruceSkywalker
They need to include Psycho Pirate in the movie just so Black Adam can use his "no more silly faces" move.

psycho pirate may appear in a sequel

riv6672

roughrider
I'd like it if he did sport some hair, to look more like the character. But production art looks like same old Dwayne Johnson.

Kazenji
Still they do need to put in some effort for these sort of movies... Otherwise they might as well keep putting out more crap adaptations like Elektra, Ghost Rider Catwoman & Captain America (1990).

Ridley_Prime
I think you mean Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance? Because the first one wasnt bad to the level of those other examples.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I think you mean Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance? Because the first one wasnt bad to the level of those other examples.

Each to their own there.

riv6672

HulkIsHulk
Trailer looks like a 90s video game

Kazenji
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

It was more Concept Art then a actual trailer.

Surtur
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

I know it's pretty cool.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
It was more Concept Art then a actual trailer.
Yeah, how do ppl not get that?

roughrider
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, how do ppl not get that?

Because YouTube is calling it & advertising it as a trailer, which is a lie. It's a promo.

DC has fluctuated between making Adam a villain when it suits their purpose, and a noble anti-hero who fights with the rest of the heroes these past few decades. Time to finally pick a side and depict him as a corrupted anti-hero, being the main character of a major movie.

riv6672
If Youtube jumped off a bridge... stick out tongue

riv6672

BruceSkywalker
^^^^^ he will do very well

Senor Cage
Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate & Helen Mirren as the villain? Great casting so far

'Black Adam': Pierce Brosnan to Play DC Hero Dr. Fate Opposite Dwayne Johnson (Exclusive)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/black-adam-pierce-brosnan-to-play-dc-hero-dr-fate-opposite-dwayne-johnson-exclusive

riv6672
^^^i approve.

MrMind
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate & Helen Mirren as the villain? Great casting so far

'Black Adam': Pierce Brosnan to Play DC Hero Dr. Fate Opposite Dwayne Johnson (Exclusive)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/black-adam-pierce-brosnan-to-play-dc-hero-dr-fate-opposite-dwayne-johnson-exclusive

helen mirren? lmao

Senor Cage
What's so funny? She's a multiple Oscar nominee/winner. She's a great actress.

Kazenji
I looked up the character Mirren is playing, Couldn't find jack shit from Google.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by Kazenji
I looked up the character Mirren is playing, Couldn't find jack shit from Google.

Probably Inza Nelson, based on her casting being announced along side Dr. Fate.

MrMind
Originally posted by Senor Cage
What's so funny? She's a multiple Oscar nominee/winner. She's a great actress.

lol

Kazenji
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

I remember seeing it was Hespera, Still can't find any pictures of said character.

ares834
Apparently it's a new character.

Dreampanther
Great casting so far.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn

Mirren is the villain in Shazam 2, not Black Adam.

riv6672

Darth Thor
^ Perhaps theyve finally learned their damn lesson.

They will likely meet in the next film after the ones being shot. So Shazam 3 or Black Adam 2.

Senor Cage
It's basically Cate Blanchet from Thor. I think Helen is a slightly superior actress, though.

KingD19

They will likely meet in the next film after the ones being shot. So Shazam 3 or Black Adam 2.

With the Rock being the biggest star around and being the star, no way they'll cramp the first film with a Shazam meet up. Maybe a mid or after credit scene, but the first movie will be all about Adam. Probably his ancient origins, then a few thousand years later.

MrMind
helen mirren is gonna be a grandma in her 80s by the time this movie comes out

-Pr-
Pierce Brosnan is going to be Doctor Fate, it's being reported. Interesting.

Old Man Whirly!
Pierce Brosnan is going to be Doctor Fate, it's being reported. Interesting. Very interesting!

StiltmanFTW
Always loved Fate's costume.

If they change it even a little, then I hope AT&T gets nuked from the orbit.

riv6672

Its hard for me to accept good decisions from DC being on purpose... big grin

KingD19
Pearce is awesome for Fate. I also would've accepted Viggo Mortensen, Liam Neeson, maybe Nikolaj Coster Waldo(for a younger looking Kent) and a few others.

BruceSkywalker
Pierce Brosnan is going to be Doctor Fate, it's being reported. Interesting.

he should be okay unless the script is bad

-Pr-
29th July 2022 release date.

https://deadline.com/2021/03/dwayne-johnson-black-adam-release-date-1234723471/

carthage
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2XZ3IpgxE

Some footage revealed

Patient_Leech
Hm.. I get it, it's going to big and epic and he's apparently invincible and super-powered. Invincible with super powers is not interesting, and I'm also not impressed unless the story is compelling and from that footage I'm not convinced.

Impediment
Man, this movie is gonna suck so damn hard.

The level of try-harding is sad.

Dwayne Johnson is to action movies what Steve Zahn is to movies.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, that's kind of the same vibe I get from it. Trying way too hard.

Makes me yawn. yawn

playa1258
Well at least we will get some good feats.

BruceSkywalker
this looks okay

Darth Thor
Looks good tbh.

Not seeing the trying too hard bit. It was just 1 scene where hes hiding behind a hood.

Estacado
My only problem is that almost every Dwayne Johnson movie is complete trash.

Hell even his promo where he says " The hierarchy of power in the DC Universe is about to change."

Everything this man says is cringe...facepalm

Ridley_Prime
Really? Dwayne is hammy and fun. I like him.

Estacado
He seems like a cool guy whenever he is not in his "The Rock" persona still most of his movies and acting is pretty bad.

riv6672

ares834
Looks good. I've always liked Black Adam, he's just a cool concept for a character so I have high hopes for this.

Impediment

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
Man, this movie is gonna suck so damn hard.

The level of try-harding is sad.

Dwayne Johnson is to action movies what Steve Zahn is to movies.

It's Black Adam. The character doesn't exactly scream subtlety.

Darth Thor

riv6672

Ridley_Prime
Havent actually seen that many films with The Rock now that I think about it, but Rampage was pretty decent, especially for a video game based film which gave him vindication after the Doom film he was in years prior.

Black Adam simply feels like something he was meant to play, but haters gonna hate I guess.

Estacado
He has some ok movies like Jumanji, the Rundown, Pain and gain.

But the following movies are just bad.
GI Joe 2.
Snitch
Hercules
Hobbs and Shaw
San Andreas
Central Intelligence
Skyscraper
Faster
Baywatch

jaden_2.0
Clearly none of you have seen his award worthy performance in Star Trek Voyager.

https://assets1.ignimgs.com/2020/02/23/the-rock-star-trek-voyager-tsunkatse-1582494669373_160w.jpg?width=1280

Impediment
The Rock is to action movies what Stephen Hawking was to gymnastics.

Estacado
Acting at its finest...

B_58-g3E1oI

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
The Rock is to action movies what Stephen Hawking was to gymnastics.

You just hate him because he's black, don't you.

Estacado
Also gotta love how he claims being natty cause when he tried roids at 19 it didn't "work" for him so he stopped using them...

ares834
No clear why people are shitting on the Rock so much. Sure, he's no Academy award winner, but he's about on par with most action stars. Perfect for a superhero flick.

riv6672

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Estacado
He has some ok movies like Jumanji, the Rundown, Pain and gain.

But the following movies are just bad.
GI Joe 2.
Snitch
Hercules
Hobbs and Shaw
San Andreas
Central Intelligence
Skyscraper
Faster
Baywatch

Some of those I couldnt tolerate, but others I enjoyed in a B-movie sort of way, like San Andreas, The Rundown, and Skyscraper. The former was at least well directed, AND it has Paul Giamatti (unfortunately not for very long)!

But I mean, I don't get how people say The Rock can't act. He can.

TheVaultDweller
X0tOpBuYasI

Old Man Whirly!
This shit just got serious... wow! Blown away!

jaden_2.0
That actually looks pretty decent.

Estacado
Could this be the 1st decent Rock movie?

Old Man Whirly!
This shit just got serious... wow! Blown away!

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Estacado
Could this be the 1st decent Rock movie? I've liked a few, but that trailer... blew me away.

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
X0tOpBuYasI

Looks fun and decent. Johnson was a good choice for Adam.

Brosnan as Fate is a solid casting.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Looks fun and decent. Johnson was a good choice for Adam.

Brosnan as Fate is a solid casting. looks superb, let's hope its the best superhero film since Iron Man.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
looks superb, let's hope its the best superhero film since Iron Man.

I'm always hoping Marvel or DC tops Ironman (2008), but I doubt thy will.

Still, this looks like a proper good time and that's what I want out of a action superhero flick.

IMO, Shazam is the best of the DCU, hoping it tops that, and from the trailer, it might.

Darth Thor
IMO, Shazam is the best of the DCU, hoping it tops that, and from the trailer, it might.

I really liked Shazam as well. Out of the DCU maybe just Wonder Woman was a better made film.

Problem is Shazam wasnt the biggest box office hit and given that, I feel theyve left it too long for a sequel. But hopefully this will be big and bring excitement to the Shazam sequel as well.

Robtard
I'd put WW at an extremely close second in the DCU. While Gal Gadot was amazing to look at in every god damn scene, Shazam was an overall more fun film for me. But again, these two are very close in quality for me.

What brought WW down was the main villain, Thewlis is good/great actor, just so poorly miscast as Ares.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm always hoping Marvel or DC tops Ironman (2008), but I doubt thy will.

Still, this looks like a proper good time and that's what I want out of a action superhero flick.

IMO, Shazam is the best of the DCU, hoping it tops that, and from the trailer, it might. I agree on Iron Man. I actually like the Snyder cut best for DC. Come at meeeeee!

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I agree on Iron Man. I actually like the Snyder cut best for DC. Come at meeeeee!

F**king edgelord!

But the Synder JL cut was a better film over the theatrical, even with the stupid 4:3 aspect ratio and hour too long runtime.

Impediment

ares834
He's been an antihero for years now.

Robtard
"antihero who will eventually become a villain"

Going from the preview, that is exactly it.

Darth Thor
What brought WW down was the main villain, Thewlis is good/great actor, just so poorly miscast as Ares.

Uggh yeah that was disappointing.

Ridley_Prime
I forgot if it was brought up before, but wasn't there something that happened with Joss Whedon and Gal Gadot in the theatrical JL film where he threatened her career or something during reshoots? It was a shit film regardless, especially with the reshoots, but she was already the established Wonder Woman, and her not liking the lines & scenes that had been given to her would've been a red flag if I hadn't saw the film already. Pirated, mind you.

I know he directed the first Avengers, but he was never gonna make good off the bad foundation that led to Justice League, and the production was still a mess on top of it, whether it was him or Synder.

Back to Black Adam though, trailer looks fun. Looking forward to Pierce Brosnan as Dr Fate as much as I am Adam himself, although I suspect he may not have too much screen time.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>