Top 5 TV Series of 2017

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
With the Golden Globe nominations announced, it's time to decide the KMC Top Five TV Series of 2017. Name your top 5, ranked from 1 - 5. Special mentions are allowed but don't count.

For reference purposes, here are the most popular TV shows currently, according to IMDB:

1. Stranger Things
2. Vikings
3. Dark
4. The Walking Dead
5. The Punisher
6. Shameless
7. The Flash
8. Game of Thrones
9. Godless
10. Peaky Blinders

Rules:
Can only list 5.
Must be ranked.
Must have a season that started in 2017.

riv6672
1. The Orville
2. Will & Grace
3. Duck Tales
4. SWAT
5. Happy!

Dreampanther

riv6672
Oh, you said a season. Thought you meant the -series- had to have started in 2017.
I guess i'm OK with mine regardless.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by riv6672
Oh, you said a season. Thought you meant the -series- had to have started in 2017.
I guess i'm OK with mine regardless.

Yeah, I think it makes more sense to include shows that are still running in 2017, so if it had a season this year it counts.

I see your list is much more comedy-oriented than mine! big grin

riv6672
I like to laugh. https://i.imgflip.com/20xeuy.jpg

Patient_Leech
Who has time to watch more than 5 or so TV shows in a year?

Ain't nobody got time for that...

bFEoMO0pc7k

I've seen Punisher and The Orville. Like them both a lot. Stranger Things Season 2 was okay also.

riv6672
I dont have time to watch random YouTube videos.

Patient_Leech
^ Well, you should. Because that's a classic.

samhain
1. Mr. Robot. Haven't actually seen any of the current season as I'm waiting for it to finish so I can binge on it, but I think my friends are getting sick of me banging on about it.

2. Mindhunter. Really well written, really well shot and at times underwhelming but in a good way, like it drifts by you. Perhaps understated would be a better term.

3. Dark. I'm not sure if I liked this more than Stranger Things but it took me 3 days to watch. I finished Dark in a day.

4. The Orville. Took a lot of us by surprise. A healthy straddling of fun characters and good science fiction. Not written to be overly smart just to be awesome.

5. Dark Matter. Only discovered this show recently but it's had it's 3rd and final season now. Great show for all those still pining over the loss of Firefly. It does go to the 'Capable women saving silly men' drawer a bit too often but it's still enjoyable and could easily take place in the same universe as Firefly.

Honourable mentions.

Bosch. Discovered this by accident when I noticed Jamie Hector from The Wire was in it. L.A. cop show but not in the usual way, it's actually quite jazzy and speakeasy in it's style.

Other Space. Only 1 season of this so far and that was a couple of years ago, but they are trying to get funding for a second season so this counts as a current show for me. Like a Canadian version of...

Red Dwarf. It's back, say no more.

Stranger Things.

The Man In The High Castle. As a fan of the book I was delighted when the second season went beyond the end of the book. Please keep making more.

The Punisher.

The Handmaid's Tale.

Preacher. Mostly due to the much needed inclusion of Herr Starr.

Dreampanther
Official IMDB 2017 Top Ten
(Most consistently popular, not critical assessment, based on page views not Nielsen ratings)

10. Taboo
9. The Defenders
8. American Horror Story
7. American Gods
6. Vikings
5. Stranger Things
4. Rick and Morty
3. The Walking Dead
2. 13 Reasons Why
1. Game of Thrones

riv6672
I watch 3 of those. You?

Dreampanther
Originally posted by riv6672
I watch 3 of those. You?

Yebo. In the order I'd rank them:

Taboo.
Vikings and American Gods.
Stranger Things.
The Defenders.
The Walking Dead (I stopped after Season 3, IIRC)

riv6672
For me...
Rick & Morty
Walking Dead
American Horror
...AH brings up a distant third. I mostly watch it cuz the family does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.