El Camino: A Breaking Bad movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden_2.0
https://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-bad-movie-has-already-been-filmed/

cdtm
Seems unnecessary.

Like the Casablanca tv series. (Yes, there was a television series of the movie.)

CaveDude33211
Sounds interesting - Cranston will probably be in it for flashbacks.

I wonder if it will be any good.

ares834
The hell? Breaking Bad perfectly wrapped up everything. I'm not sure what to feel about a movie...

Better Call Saul has been great though, so maybe this will work out somehow.

Josh_Alexander
What will the movie be about though? Sounds to me like a continuation, which I totaly think could be promising.

Honestly, there's no reason to believe that Walter died. In that aspect, if they plan to continue his story, I'll totaly be into it.

Anything else isn't personally welcomed.

NemeBro
It's going to be about Jesse taking revenge on Walt ruining his life by hunting down and murdering his entire family.

Robtard
Would be lame if Walter didn't die, be like shitting on the whole series after the fact for a cash grab.

Seems completely unnecessary to me, but I'll wait until we hear a synopsis to make a solid judgment. But I'm hella skeptical. /Hella

cdtm
Maybe the stories really about Mike, and how he only slipped into a coma, was found by a drifter, and hospitalized.

Impediment
Jesse after the final episode with PTSD?

Seems kinda lame.

Josh_Alexander
There's no reason to believe that Walter died like 100%. The guy was having faints the whole season, so there's still that card that could be played.

Also, the police was arriving the scene when he "died", so there's a chance he got aid.

Either way, BB could still turn interesting.

Dr Will Hatch
B

R

A

V I N C E

O

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
There's no reason to believe that Walter died like 100%. The guy was having faints the whole season, so there's still that card that could be played.

Also, the police was arriving the scene when he "died", so there's a chance he got aid.

Either way, BB could still turn interesting.

No, he's dead. His story is over.

Eon Blue

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
No, he's dead. His story is over.

After probably 1000 movies, believe me, you'll realize that nothing is writen on stone in cinema.

It would suprise you the creativity movie franchises and TV shows can pull off in order to keep earning money.

Impediment
I'm interested, to say the least, in this film because Breaking Bad is 10/10 phenomenal, but I'm just leery, is all.

If Walter White isn't involved in some way, flashbacks or (dare I say) hallucinations, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

BruceSkywalker
release date...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/breaking-bad-movie-release-date-plot-aaron-paul-netflix-1203313340/? fbclid=IwAR1EC2lub5UHsftnViPiVDuRi6jAuIYVP9NO8Gtoq
DoV9f832BewZ48IhzQ

cdtm
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm interested, to say the least, in this film because Breaking Bad is 10/10 phenomenal, but I'm just leery, is all.

If Walter White isn't involved in some way, flashbacks or (dare I say) hallucinations, I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

BB is a classic, but hasn't aged well. Like the Wire, or Godfather. thumb up

ares834
thumb down

BB is just as great as ever.

jaden_2.0
MI2FNMphkzg

quanchi112
I am in.

Impediment
Count me in.

Oliver Brown
El Camino: A Breaking Bad movie

Very Excited About This Movie. When I heard the Name of Jesse Pinkman. It was the best feeling ever.

Can't wait to see the chemistry of Walter and Jesse after a long time

Impediment

quanchi112
I hope he survived. Live Walt.

Dr Will Hatch
I hope he didn't survive, because that would ruin everything that made that finale great. Walter lost everything in Ozymandias, but got one last chance to save Jesse and be a big man by killing those Nazis.

Impediment
1JLUn2DFW4w

Impediment

Robtard
Caught this over the weekend; even though I was expecting it to be better, since it's based on BB and the bar was set to max, film was solid and a nice closure for Pinkman.

Robtard

NemeBro
I wish my boss spent his extra cash on hookers and blow for his employees.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
I wish my boss spent his extra cash on hookers and blow for his employees.

Have you asked?

Impediment

riv6672
^^^thats what my oldest kid said. He was a huge fan, though he never succeeded in getting me into it.
He said it made him want to binge the series again, though.

Patient_Leech
**closes eyes and ears**

I just started the show and it's fantastic... so not gonna read anything about the movie until done with the show.

riv6672
This is the perfect place to do that. thumb up wink

Impediment
How old are your kids, Riv?

My daughter is 15.

riv6672
I got a mid twenties-early twenties combo then a mid-teens late arrival after I thought I was done w. diapers... happy

Ayelewis
I urge people to rewatch it and give a second chance if you disliked it. I viewed it the second time as a stand alone piece of work, and judged it by film standards, not by Breaking Bad's standards. There's more in there the second viewing which features great visuals and symbolism. It's a great bit of arthouse drama, reminds me of The Limey.

Patient_Leech
I look forward to seeing this after I finish the series. I've got a few more episodes in Season 4 and then onto Season 5.

Question: Do I need to see Better Call Saul before I watch the movie or it doesn't matter?

ares834
No. It doesn't matter at all.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
No. It doesn't matter at all.

thumb up

Thanks.

Patient_Leech
I watched the first 2/3rds of this last night and it's crap. Probably will finish it, but it's going to have to get a fu#kton better to live up to the show. thumb down thumb down

A big thing that annoys me is that several characters are older and fatter and we're just pretending it's flashbacks. It makes the timeline very confusing. So I think the writing is shit so far, which is unfortunate because the show was so well written.

Patient_Leech
I finished this and it did get slightly better with a particular shootout scene, but I still feel like the narrative they went with is about 5 years too late. It would have worked well as the last couple episodes of season 5 if they had filmed it back then, but the way they did the non-linear jumping around was just annoying to be honest.

I guess they wanted to have a send-off for the character of Jesse, but it shouldn't have been advertised as a movie. With a movie I would have expected a little more of a stand alone narrative. Especially since they completely changed the titles sequence as a standalone film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.