RE: Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
When Maul got cut in half and when he got artificial legs etc was he further : depowered/less powerful and atrophied in both the light saber and force ? Obviously he will have less midichlorians?

Does Canon and Legends say anything about this ?

Scizard
I don't think less midichlorians from limb loss is a thing, atleast in canon. But he would've initially been out of practice for sure.

Jaggarath
Filoni and Witwer have said Maul's powers were diminished. However, at least in Legends, we know this was offset by the growing galactic dark side nexus, Maul's own growth, and (sort of paradoxically) Maul experiencing and overcoming the ordeal itself. He's said to be as powerful as he was in TPM in "Revenge" and more powerful than ever by "Revival." Even in Canon, I believe Filoni has emphasized the growing galactic dark side nexus as to why Maul's more powerful now than before, though I would need to recheck. Either way, getting chopped in half certainly diminished Maul's potential power, which was originally greater than Palpatine's own apparently.

Galan007
I am curious if Maul's power is touched on more in these last few episodes of TCW, given that in one of the trailers he says something to the effect of "the dark side has never been stronger."

McP
He was restored by Mother Talzin. He could be a little inferior to his former self in terms or raw power as well as equal or even superior. Savage's example should be enough.

Scizard
Oh yeah if Maul got the same boost as that monster...

Galan007
Talzin explicitly used her magics to amp Savage(we saw that magic/amp leave him when he was killed by Palpatine.)

Flip side, Talzin just used her magics to heal Maul and remove the 'clutter' from his mind in order to make him sane again. Completely different ritual.

Scizard
Ah shame. Imagine Maul's strength if he actually did recieve that amp.

ozz81
Originally posted by Scizard
Ah shame. Imagine Maul's strength if he actually did recieve that amp.

So true that it would have been very interesting , if she did though i reckon it will make him decently powerful ..

Galan007
I don't think less midichlorians from limb loss is a thing, atleast in canon. thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/FsgrNT4.jpg

StiltmanFTW
I can hear Darth Thor screaming in pain.

Good job, Galan.

Unbowed
That guy is a jerkoff. Though what can you expect, the man is named Leland...

ares834
Leland is pretty much the only decent person in the story group. Pablo is an ass and the rest seem to be utterly incompetent.

Galan007
You're not a fan of Martin? stick out tongue

Scizard
Leland said Ben Kenobi is stronger than Vader and Matt Martin says Rey is a better duelist than Luke so take your pick. beer

Total Warrior
They know about SW less than me

Darthadi
Leland said Ben Kenobi is stronger than Vader and Matt Martin says Rey is a better duelist than Luke so take your pick. beer
Chee doesn't have Ben>Vader. There is context to that tweet

Scizard
Originally posted by Darthadi
Chee doesn't have Ben>Vader. There is context to that tweet
Oh? What's the context then?

Darthadi
The tweet you're referring to is Chee echoing someone asking him about the Lucas quote. He's not him making a statement on the matter. In fact he says he doesn't track power levels at all. Also, the initial question was about G canon which doesn't exist in Disney canon. It's very probable he talked from a legends perspective as the question was about legends

Scizard
Fair enough. Someone was using it as an argument today so I assumed it was real.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.