KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » RE: Darth Maul

RE: Darth Maul
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

RE: Darth Maul

When Maul got cut in half and when he got artificial legs etc was he further : depowered/less powerful and atrophied in both the light saber and force ? Obviously he will have less midichlorians?

Does Canon and Legends say anything about this ?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2020 11:57 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

I don't think less midichlorians from limb loss is a thing, atleast in canon. But he would've initially been out of practice for sure.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2020 10:53 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Filoni and Witwer have said Maul's powers were diminished. However, at least in Legends, we know this was offset by the growing galactic dark side nexus, Maul's own growth, and (sort of paradoxically) Maul experiencing and overcoming the ordeal itself. He's said to be as powerful as he was in TPM in "Revenge" and more powerful than ever by "Revival." Even in Canon, I believe Filoni has emphasized the growing galactic dark side nexus as to why Maul's more powerful now than before, though I would need to recheck. Either way, getting chopped in half certainly diminished Maul's potential power, which was originally greater than Palpatine's own apparently.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2020 04:25 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I am curious if Maul's power is touched on more in these last few episodes of TCW, given that in one of the trailers he says something to the effect of "the dark side has never been stronger."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2020 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

He was restored by Mother Talzin. He could be a little inferior to his former self in terms or raw power as well as equal or even superior. Savage's example should be enough.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2020 10:58 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Oh yeah if Maul got the same boost as that monster...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2020 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Talzin explicitly used her magics to amp Savage(we saw that magic/amp leave him when he was killed by Palpatine.)

Flip side, Talzin just used her magics to heal Maul and remove the 'clutter' from his mind in order to make him sane again. Completely different ritual.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 23rd, 2020 at 12:27 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2020 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Ah shame. Imagine Maul's strength if he actually did recieve that amp.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2020 12:47 AM
ozz81

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scizard
Ah shame. Imagine Maul's strength if he actually did recieve that amp.

So true that it would have been very interesting , if she did though i reckon it will make him decently powerful ..

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2020 01:55 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't think less midichlorians from limb loss is a thing, atleast in canon.
thumb up

https://i.imgur.com/FsgrNT4.jpg

Old Post Apr 26th, 2020 11:33 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I can hear Darth Thor screaming in pain.

Good job, Galan.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2020 12:17 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

That guy is a jerkoff. Though what can you expect, the man is named Leland...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2020 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Leland is pretty much the only decent person in the story group. Pablo is an ass and the rest seem to be utterly incompetent.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 01:09 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You're not a fan of Martin? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 01:57 PM
Scizard

Leland said Ben Kenobi is stronger than Vader and Matt Martin says Rey is a better duelist than Luke so take your pick. beer

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 02:29 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

They know about SW less than me

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Leland said Ben Kenobi is stronger than Vader and Matt Martin says Rey is a better duelist than Luke so take your pick. beer

Chee doesn't have Ben>Vader. There is context to that tweet

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 06:18 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Originally posted by Darthadi
Chee doesn't have Ben>Vader. There is context to that tweet

Oh? What's the context then?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 08:06 PM
Darthadi

The tweet you're referring to is Chee echoing someone asking him about the Lucas quote. He's not him making a statement on the matter. In fact he says he doesn't track power levels at all. Also, the initial question was about G canon which doesn't exist in Disney canon. It's very probable he talked from a legends perspective as the question was about legends

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Fair enough. Someone was using it as an argument today so I assumed it was real.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2020 08:37 PM