The gap between top tiers and fodder in canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
In the EU the gap between the more powerful named Jedi and your average jedi knight or sith warrior seemed large enought, that the former could oneshot the latter. Think about Malgus stomping several jedi knights at once in Deceived, or Satele Shan doing the same to some Sith guys. Or Yoda easily dodging Plo's and Depa's lightsabers and treating them like younglings. However, is it only my impression, or in canon the gap doesn't seem as huge? Like Cere Yunda blocking Vader's saber with the force, the weaker inquisitors holding their own against Ahsoka and Maul and so on..

-Pr-
The short answer is that the gap appears larger in the EU because the EU was always willing to show us things TV wouldn't. At least not as much. You can't build up these new, cool Inquisitors, then have them get their shit pushed in by the hero the first time they meet.

As far as TOR goes, iirc the Jedi and the Sith were in the middle of massive recruiting drives, so the quality standards weren't as stringent back then.

Sheev
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Like Cere Yunda blocking Vader's saber with the force, the weaker inquisitors holding their own against Ahsoka and Maul and so on.. Maybe they are just more powerful than people want to admit?

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Sheev
Maybe they are just more powerful than people want to admit? ...nah Happy Dance

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Total Warrior
In the EU the gap between the more powerful named Jedi and your average jedi knight or sith warrior seemed large enought, that the former could oneshot the latter. Think about Malgus stomping several jedi knights at once in Deceived, or Satele Shan doing the same to some Sith guys. Or Yoda easily dodging Plo's and Depa's lightsabers and treating them like younglings. However, is it only my impression, or in canon the gap doesn't seem as huge? Like Cere Yunda blocking Vader's saber with the force, the weaker inquisitors holding their own against Ahsoka and Maul and so on..

Seems that way, I mean with TCW and Rebels, I never really noticed any huge different in levels of skill or power apart from like...3 or 4 fights within TCW and with Rebels....like...really just the first GI fight and I guess the Inquisitors vs Maul.

But in all honesty, TCW and Rebels to me, never cared about who was more skilled than who apart from a select notable few. IE: The obvious characters. The shows just mainly centered for the story than anything.

There doesn't seem to really be any difference from lightsaber fight #4 to lightsaber fight #12, at least to me.

Comics though and novels, I'm sure there is a difference to be noticed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.