KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The gap between top tiers and fodder in canon

The gap between top tiers and fodder in canon
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

The gap between top tiers and fodder in canon

In the EU the gap between the more powerful named Jedi and your average jedi knight or sith warrior seemed large enought, that the former could oneshot the latter. Think about Malgus stomping several jedi knights at once in Deceived, or Satele Shan doing the same to some Sith guys. Or Yoda easily dodging Plo's and Depa's lightsabers and treating them like younglings. However, is it only my impression, or in canon the gap doesn't seem as huge? Like Cere Yunda blocking Vader's saber with the force, the weaker inquisitors holding their own against Ahsoka and Maul and so on..

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 08:49 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The short answer is that the gap appears larger in the EU because the EU was always willing to show us things TV wouldn't. At least not as much. You can't build up these new, cool Inquisitors, then have them get their shit pushed in by the hero the first time they meet.

As far as TOR goes, iirc the Jedi and the Sith were in the middle of massive recruiting drives, so the quality standards weren't as stringent back then.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 10:26 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Re: The gap between top tiers and fodder in canon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Like Cere Yunda blocking Vader's saber with the force, the weaker inquisitors holding their own against Ahsoka and Maul and so on..
Maybe they are just more powerful than people want to admit?

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Cool Re: Re: The gap between top tiers and fodder in canon

Originally posted by Sheev
Maybe they are just more powerful than people want to admit?
...nah Happy Dance

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Re: The gap between top tiers and fodder in canon

Originally posted by Total Warrior
In the EU the gap between the more powerful named Jedi and your average jedi knight or sith warrior seemed large enought, that the former could oneshot the latter. Think about Malgus stomping several jedi knights at once in Deceived, or Satele Shan doing the same to some Sith guys. Or Yoda easily dodging Plo's and Depa's lightsabers and treating them like younglings. However, is it only my impression, or in canon the gap doesn't seem as huge? Like Cere Yunda blocking Vader's saber with the force, the weaker inquisitors holding their own against Ahsoka and Maul and so on..

Seems that way, I mean with TCW and Rebels, I never really noticed any huge different in levels of skill or power apart from like...3 or 4 fights within TCW and with Rebels....like...really just the first GI fight and I guess the Inquisitors vs Maul.

But in all honesty, TCW and Rebels to me, never cared about who was more skilled than who apart from a select notable few. IE: The obvious characters. The shows just mainly centered for the story than anything.

There doesn't seem to really be any difference from lightsaber fight #4 to lightsaber fight #12, at least to me.

Comics though and novels, I'm sure there is a difference to be noticed.

Old Post May 3rd, 2020 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote