Would you rather...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
In the real world, would you rather have;

1.Luke Cage's durability ( steel like skin) no super strength

2. Spider-mans agility/reflexes but no spider sense or super strength and no wall sticking ability ( or whatever you want to call it).

3. Daredevil's enhanced senses with radar and without being blind

4. Wolverines enhanced healing/senses but no claws

5.Kitty Pryde's phasing ability

Diesldude
Wolverine. Immortality.

Sin I AM
Four or Five.

BruceSkywalker
have all

Smurph

At least you could pretend to still be human and have fun with your powers.

Parmaniac
I don't think Spider-Man's agility and reflexes would properly work without a certain degree of super strength.

ShadowFyre
4 or 5 easy. Just think of what you could do with 5.

Daredevils radar is cool but in reality it would only work at fairly short distances

DarkSaint85
2, for me.

Then I can be an Olympic level athlete. Let the endorsements roll in...and no one would ever suspect a thing (I could dial it down a bit so as not to seem too superhuman....)

3 and 4 always seem iffy to me. I don't want to smell people's BO from across the street, or dirty nappies in summer heat.

5 seems fun. 1 is ....I guess I could become a boxer and just outlast everyone lol.

lft4ded
Clearly number 4. Living in a college town it helps to sniff out who not to go raw in and just in case my senses fail me, my HF would be there to back me up.

StyleTime
This is real life, so 2.

I'm leaning towards 2, if only because I can profit off it with the least risk of being discovered. You're automatically the greatest athlete of all time in multiple sports.

4 is a consideration, mostly because of the healing factor. Never being sick for more than a few minutes and healing injuries quickly would rock. But, there's always that risk of getting into car accidents or surviving a mall shooting or something. You'd have some explaining to do if people see you shrug off life threatening wounds. At some point, you'll also be 150 years old still looking 32....people will get curious.

Even still, I'd be more willing to deal with that without the senses. Heightened senses in real life could suck. Enjoy smelling garbage and never sleeping again: you can hear every thing your neighbors are doing at all times.

DarkSaint85
Style is a wise and clever poster

Parmaniac
Hurry Style edit your post to something that throws shit at DS.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StyleTime
This is real life, so 2.

I'm leaning towards 2, if only because I can profit off it with the least risk of being discovered. You're automatically the greatest athlete of all time in multiple sports.

4 is a consideration, mostly because of the healing factor. Never being sick for more than a few minutes and healing injuries quickly would rock. But, there's always that risk of getting into car accidents or surviving a mall shooting or something. You'd have some explaining to do if people see you shrug off life threatening wounds. At some point, you'll also be 150 years old still looking 32....people will get curious.

Even still, I'd be more willing to deal with that without the senses. Heightened senses in real life could suck. Enjoy smelling garbage and never sleeping again: you can hear every thing your neighbors are doing at all times.

That's what all the alcohol is for. It can't kill you because your liver will just keep regenerating, but it'll dull your senses enough to make life just about bearable.

Old Man Whirly!

xXI_wing_IXx
In real world, I would like to be number 5 because you get to walk on air and phase through virtually everything and they're lots of fun !

Number 4 is good for the health aspects of things but not fun and painful to have actually. It is good for longevity, virus immunity, and strong durability and especially if you're working for the military or law enforcement.

Number 1 is good for being a UFC or professional fighter. Although, I was thinking if doctors diagnose you with cancer or anything that requires surgery. They will have trouble opening you up.

Number 2 is the same as an Olympic athlete. Nothing that special.

Number 3 is great also. Radar senses can be good for being a detective or law enforcer.

deathslash
Either 1 or 4. I'd become a professional boxer.

Khazra Reborn
4, no question.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Hurry Style edit your post to something that throws shit at DS.
I was too late. sad
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's what all the alcohol is for. It can't kill you because your liver will just keep regenerating, but it'll dull your senses enough to make life just about bearable.
laughing out loud Wolverine's drinking habit finally makes sense.

Also, I hate to rain on the proverbial parade, but I need to address the folks hoping to use Luke Cage durability for combat sports. Folks, you still have to pass medical requirements for any athletic commission I know of. That includes bloodwork: can't have you spreading HIV. Your plan would fail before you even have your first fight, as they can't pierce your skin.

Additionally, you don't suddenly gain world class talent or stamina. Boxers like Tyson Fury or MMA fighters like Stylebender would still outpoint you....easily. They don't need to KO you.

For sports, Spiderman's reflexes/agility are just so much better. Way less work.

Edit: This also applies for healing factor, as the doctors would see your wound heal right away.

cdtm

I'd wear noseplugs and earplugs. Maybe just get ten thousand songs and an mp3 player; not like I'd need worry about traffick anymore.

And imagine the scams. Fake a back injury after jumping in front of a limo.

Keep scamming until you make enough money to buy an island away from people.

Stoic
2 for me. Why would anyone want to live forever in this world?

lawest9
With my health issues, definitely Logan's healing abilities.

Enzeru

StyleTime
Originally posted by cdtm

I'd wear noseplugs and earplugs. Maybe just get ten thousand songs and an mp3 player; not like I'd need worry about traffick anymore.

And imagine the scams. Fake a back injury after jumping in front of a limo.

Keep scamming until you make enough money to buy an island away from people.
You'd need to prove your injuries though, which would require medical professionals who see your back is totally fine.

Then you're left trying to explain how you have no injuries after a limo hits you.

And for Shadowcat's powers, I feel like it's either A. Use it sparingly so you don't get discovered, and may as well have picked something else...or go wild with it but lead a life of solitude. Your face would quickly get plastered on every tv screen as the "Human Ghost." How would you interact in society?

cdtm
Originally posted by StyleTime
You'd need to prove your injuries though, which would require medical professionals who see your back is totally fine.

Then you're left trying to explain how you have no injuries after a limo hits you.

And for Shadowcat's powers, I feel like it's either A. Use it sparingly so you don't get discovered, and may as well have picked something else...or go wild with it but lead a life of solitude. Your face would quickly get plastered on every tv screen as the "Human Ghost." How would you interact in society?

You'd be surprised.

I used to go to school with a guy who repeatedly gamed the system any time he got a ding. He was a real scumbag, with a talent for finding more experienced scumbags telling him how to fake an injury, and how there's some injuries no test can prove but that they take your word on. Never for big money, maybe 5-10k here or there, but he got away with it.

Diesldude

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.