KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Would you rather...

Would you rather...
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tru-marvell

Would you rather...

In the real world, would you rather have;

1.Luke Cage's durability ( steel like skin) no super strength

2. Spider-mans agility/reflexes but no spider sense or super strength and no wall sticking ability ( or whatever you want to call it).

3. Daredevil's enhanced senses with radar and without being blind

4. Wolverines enhanced healing/senses but no claws

5.Kitty Pryde's phasing ability

Old Post May 20th, 2020 07:54 PM
tru-marvell is currently offline Click here to Send tru-marvell a Private Message Find more posts by tru-marvell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Wolverine. Immortality.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 07:56 PM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Four or Five.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 07:58 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

have all

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

At least you could pretend to still be human and have fun with your powers.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:08 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

I don't think Spider-Man's agility and reflexes would properly work without a certain degree of super strength.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:14 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

4 or 5 easy. Just think of what you could do with 5.

Daredevils radar is cool but in reality it would only work at fairly short distances

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:17 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

2, for me.

Then I can be an Olympic level athlete. Let the endorsements roll in...and no one would ever suspect a thing (I could dial it down a bit so as not to seem too superhuman....)

3 and 4 always seem iffy to me. I don't want to smell people's BO from across the street, or dirty nappies in summer heat.

5 seems fun. 1 is ....I guess I could become a boxer and just outlast everyone lol.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:20 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

Clearly number 4. Living in a college town it helps to sniff out who not to go raw in and just in case my senses fail me, my HF would be there to back me up.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:21 PM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

This is real life, so 2.

I'm leaning towards 2, if only because I can profit off it with the least risk of being discovered. You're automatically the greatest athlete of all time in multiple sports.

4 is a consideration, mostly because of the healing factor. Never being sick for more than a few minutes and healing injuries quickly would rock. But, there's always that risk of getting into car accidents or surviving a mall shooting or something. You'd have some explaining to do if people see you shrug off life threatening wounds. At some point, you'll also be 150 years old still looking 32....people will get curious.

Even still, I'd be more willing to deal with that without the senses. Heightened senses in real life could suck. Enjoy smelling garbage and never sleeping again: you can hear every thing your neighbors are doing at all times.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 20th, 2020 at 08:41 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:28 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Style is a wise and clever poster

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:33 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Hurry Style edit your post to something that throws shit at DS.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:42 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
This is real life, so 2.

I'm leaning towards 2, if only because I can profit off it with the least risk of being discovered. You're automatically the greatest athlete of all time in multiple sports.

4 is a consideration, mostly because of the healing factor. Never being sick for more than a few minutes and healing injuries quickly would rock. But, there's always that risk of getting into car accidents or surviving a mall shooting or something. You'd have some explaining to do if people see you shrug off life threatening wounds. At some point, you'll also be 150 years old still looking 32....people will get curious.

Even still, I'd be more willing to deal with that without the senses. Heightened senses in real life could suck. Enjoy smelling garbage and never sleeping again: you can hear every thing your neighbors are doing at all times.

That's what all the alcohol is for. It can't kill you because your liver will just keep regenerating, but it'll dull your senses enough to make life just about bearable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 20th, 2020 08:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post May 20th, 2020 09:31 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xXI_wing_IXx
Junior

In real world, I would like to be number 5 because you get to walk on air and phase through virtually everything and they're lots of fun !

Number 4 is good for the health aspects of things but not fun and painful to have actually. It is good for longevity, virus immunity, and strong durability and especially if you're working for the military or law enforcement.

Number 1 is good for being a UFC or professional fighter. Although, I was thinking if doctors diagnose you with cancer or anything that requires surgery. They will have trouble opening you up.

Number 2 is the same as an Olympic athlete. Nothing that special.

Number 3 is great also. Radar senses can be good for being a detective or law enforcer.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 09:39 PM
xXI_wing_IXx is currently offline Click here to Send xXI_wing_IXx a Private Message Find more posts by xXI_wing_IXx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Either 1 or 4. I'd become a professional boxer.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 09:41 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

4, no question.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 20th, 2020 10:58 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Hurry Style edit your post to something that throws shit at DS.

I was too late. sad
Originally posted by -Pr-
That's what all the alcohol is for. It can't kill you because your liver will just keep regenerating, but it'll dull your senses enough to make life just about bearable.

laughing out loud Wolverine's drinking habit finally makes sense.

Also, I hate to rain on the proverbial parade, but I need to address the folks hoping to use Luke Cage durability for combat sports. Folks, you still have to pass medical requirements for any athletic commission I know of. That includes bloodwork: can't have you spreading HIV. Your plan would fail before you even have your first fight, as they can't pierce your skin.

Additionally, you don't suddenly gain world class talent or stamina. Boxers like Tyson Fury or MMA fighters like Stylebender would still outpoint you....easily. They don't need to KO you.

For sports, Spiderman's reflexes/agility are just so much better. Way less work.

Edit: This also applies for healing factor, as the doctors would see your wound heal right away.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 20th, 2020 at 11:19 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2020 11:06 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd wear noseplugs and earplugs. Maybe just get ten thousand songs and an mp3 player; not like I'd need worry about traffick anymore.

And imagine the scams. Fake a back injury after jumping in front of a limo.

Keep scamming until you make enough money to buy an island away from people.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 20th, 2020 at 11:15 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2020 11:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

2 for me. Why would anyone want to live forever in this world?

Old Post May 20th, 2020 11:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote