How many jedi were at the battle of genosis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rogue_jedi
My guesstimate is that there were about 75 to 100 at the start of the battle.

finti
200 is a number that have poped up from every now and then, SW com also says 200

Ushgarak
This is complicated by every single person from Lucasfilm giving a different number in interview...

finti
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/shaakti/index.html
the end part of it.

Shaak Ti was one of the 200 Jedi that traveled to Geonosis on a mission to rescue captives from the growing Separatist forces.

So then it is how much of a fact is it??????????

Catch 22
Exactly...

But how many clone troopers......

Ushgarak
I am aware that 200 is the most offiical number we can get, but my point about them giving different numbers in interview remains.

yerssot
around 1.2 million, was one of the numbers I heard C22

finti
didnt Tau wee say 200 000 finished with a million more on the way, aint excaxtly the same as 1,2 million.
and yeah USH i just linked where I saw a number

yerssot
hmm, 1.2 million in total then smile

glenn
Not as big as the the droid army though was it.

DARTH DADDY
How many Jedi were left at the end of the clone wars? Seems like a lot would have died for one reason or another. The Jedi purge would not be that big of a deal then. If your only talking about a 100 or so.

eXSBass
I was thinking 1000 Jedi, but I think that's too much.

DARTH DADDY
That is 1000 were left at the end of the clone wars. Seems that 2 sith against 1000 or even 500 would seem that the odds were against them.

Morridini
And how is this Episode III related?

jango fatt
Yeah.

DARTH DADDY
Well, so much has been made about this so called "Jedi purge". I wonder if it is something that is being hyped to much. If there are only a handful of Jedi left because of the clone wars then it's not really an issue. But, if there is a lot of Jedi left I wonder how two Sith take on the mass of Jedi that are still around. They seem a bit out numbered. Now if palps uses the clones in the purge process that may help, but all that seems to be said is that Vader does the purging.

DARTH DADDY
And this is EPIII related, since it goes to the whole debate of does the purge start before he puts the suit on or after.

Morridini
I think there was more then just a handful of Jedi left when the "purge" occurred. They had to have Jedis left around the galaxy. They couldn't use every Jedi in the Clone Wars, nor at the battle of Genosis. The Jedi did still have to go around doing normal Jedi business regardless of the Clone war, or so I would think.

That does not explain why it was posted in the Episode III section. It has evolved into somethign to do with Episode III after time, but it had nothing to do with Episode III when it was started.

AmericanIdiot
A shit load

Jackie Malfoy
There are alot of them.I never got around in counting them.I do have a life you know!LOL1JM

yerssot
and it got moved, so all is well now

Jedi Priestess
actually none, but there were a whole lot of extras and several main actors stick out tongue

yerssot
heretic! it's not true! it's a true story sad

<Tidus>
Jedi=Rare

I think there were like 100 Jedi at the Geonosis battle... About 3/4 of them died... THe rest survived though...

ArthasKnight
Yeah I always figured there were 100 or so, but only about a dozen made it out.

Master Kadub
Genosis......hummm?

touching on this subject again I see.....that's cool.....

Since it is believed that 200 is the accurate number of Jedi at the battle and about 40 or 50 posible survived.......

Then there are probably less then 1000 still scattered around the galaxy that Yoda and the Jedi were unable to gather for that battle.......
It is possible that with the might of the Army of the Republic that Palpatine put together along with Vader's/Anakins talents that a true onslaught against the Jedi whom were on the run is very possible.....

Without a base to organize or set out from the few Jedi are numbered against a better organized and powerful Sith front......

DenKi
yeah there would be loads out all around on different planets

Tapion
mmm.... this is my first post on these forums but here goes

on SW.com, he says that 200 jedi were present, and those were the ones who could make it, and only a handful made it out. not really sure but sumwhere it rings a bell that there are about 10,000 jedi all up. if that was so, then i highly doubt all of them died during the purge. im guessing 1000 or more most likely surived, and after Obi Wan changed the message in the temple fled into hiding, and since no-one knew how to contact the other jedi, it would have been impossible to to gather their forces. But at the end of Ep 3, we see Yoda, Obi Wan and Co in a outpost built on an asteriod. this was actually a jedi outpost so there may be jedi there, still biding there time just like yoda

Master Mawi
Officially, there were 200 Jedi. 100 were at the arena while the remaining 100 were in Jedi starships fighting in space above Geonosis

Master Shaak Ti

Master Shaak Ti

Master Shaak Ti
This is also from Wikipedia

Separatist Leadership

Argente, Passel (Magistrate of the Corporate Alliance)
Dooku, Count (Leader of the Confederacy)
Fac, Sun (Geonosian Lieutenant, aide to Poggle the Lesser. Killed escaping by Delta Squad Clone commandoes in game Star Wars: Republic Commando)
Fett, Boba (Jango Fett's clone and son, an advisor to Jango)
Fett, Jango (Dooku's henchman, killed by Mace Windu)
Nudo, Po (Senator for Ando Prime)
General Grievous (Commander of Confederate military forces)
Gunray, Nute (Viceroy of the Trade Federation)
Hill, San (Chairman of the Intergalactic Banking Clan)
Libkath, Gilramos (Trade Federation senator)
Mai, Shu (Presidente of the Commerce Guild)
Poggle the Lesser (Archduke of Geonosis)
Tambor, Wat (Foreman of the Techno Union)
Tann, Sev'rance (Dooku's Chiss Acolyte and commander of Confederate military forces)
Tikkes (Representative of Mon Calamari, former Republic Senator)
Toora, Toonbuck (Representative of Sy Myrth, former Republic Senator)
Wodrata, Rogwa (Former Republic Senator)
Zhu, Qi (Aide to Shu Mai)

I hope thats helps anyone who was thinking about thing on the battle of Geonosis.

masterkit
Ok the one where u tell about the Jedi
part of that is wrong
Joclad Danva died right before the ship rescueing.

yerssot
it's wikipedia, not sw.c or anything related to star wars so don't trust it like that

bilb
does anyone else wish that Wikipedia would stop being used as a resource? it innaccurate on just about every subject not just SW blink

yerssot
*raises hand*

Captain REX
*also raises hand*

I did not see Joclad Danva die. Starwars.com said he survived, that's good enough for me.

darthsith19
200, confirmed by the official site and the Revenge of the Sith Scrapbook.

DarkC
Originally posted by rogue_jedi
My guesstimate is that there were about 75 to 100 at the start of the battle.
Hmm, I thought the official movie novel said that there was 100-ish.

chinabing
What's the name of the Geonosis Jedi chick who wore her hair in braids across her head. At one point she twirls her saber and goes "Ha!"

I think that was the first time a female Jedi spoke in all of Star Wars! smile

Then there was another unamed jedi chic, an Asian-type girl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.