Aragorn/Arwen vs. Anakin/Padme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess_Leia
Ok well this is probably mostly for fans of both lotr's and star wars cause they can judge fairly cause I don't want replies with 'A/P are better cause star wars in better' cause that's just stupid.So plez reply with a gud reason if u do reply.

Who's ur favourite couple or which do u think was done better?

For me it was A/A. I just felt that it was done so well. It was only 5/10 minutes of each 3 hour film but it explained everything that needed to be said perfectly, showed the feelings and conflicts and stuff and was just done really tastefully. It was very romantic without being overly sentimental and mushy and Liv and Viggo had great chemistry together whereas I felt HC/NP has none whatsoever.And I personally didn't understand why Padme wud marry Anakin at all. I just didn't understand what wud make her fall in love and I didn't believe they were in love for a second, Anakin was obsessed and Padme just seemed like she wasn't interested in the slightest. And I felt it was shoved in ur face so much like it was trying really hard to make u believe it made sense. A/A was just a few scences each film but they were done so well. Sorry if I've mentioned this before but I was just wondering what ppl thought on it so plez post!

Baylin
Aragorn and Arwen I think is the more romantic, but I've got to pick Anakin and Padme cos I'm a die hard SW fan!

ChinaNiki
Aragorn and Arwen give out that tortued "love can't possibly work, but we'll hold each other in our hearts" vibe. Anankin and Padme just don't have the maturity for that kind of love. love

Darth Vicious
Aragorn/Arwen because Aragorn truly shows that he loves her as were Anakin it has no basis, a lil kid that after 10 years is still in love with a grown girl please, he wants her and because he aint supposed to be with her he wants her more!

Rogue Jedi
love is love. they are both good couples.

Princess_Leia
Well that doesn't really answer my question. Some love stories are done extremely well, like A/A whereas sum are done really badly and I was just wondering what ppl thought comparing the two, the crappy romance of Star Wars to what I think was a really well done love story and if ppl agreed or disagreed or just what they thought. I mean the Han and Leia thing was great so obviously Star Wars can do it, but I'm sorry the A/P thing was just plain bad in my opinion and a lot of others I think. I know they had crappy lines but still, they cud of made sumthing work. Hayden seemed 2 b better in the scenes where Natalie wasn't there cause they just seemed really awkward around each other, not in a sweet way either, they just didn't fit. With them, ppl in the cinema were laughing cause it was just so corny and cheesey. At the end i was thinking 'why wud she marry him?' I just didn't get it. But with the lotr's story u cud just tell, by the way they looked at each other that they were so in love. I just thought it was done really beautifully and acted great. And as I've said in my first post, it was just 5-10 minutes in 2 3 hour films but it was put across perfectly, very sweet and romantic where as with the A/P one I kinda felt it was shoved in ur face to try to convince u it made snese and was true. The corny chat-up lines were awful but that was the writing but I just thought Natalie seemed to have no interest whatsoever in Anakin, she just didn't seem to have anything with him, u cud tell he was obsessed with her but i guess for me it just didn't work at all. Maybe they weren't really 'in love', in the true love sense. Maybe they did care for each other but circumstanses kind of led them 2 it. I dunno but for me I just thought it was poorly done. I just wanted to know having seen both love stories, how did ppl compare them. And plez again I no this is a Star Wars board but try and cum up with gud reasons not just 'A/P cause SW's is better', i love star wars and lotr but i really hate the SW's romance so try and kinda be objective and not just say i like A/P cause it's star wars ya no?

Princess_Leia
Well that doesn't really answer my question. Some love stories are done extremely well, like A/A whereas sum are done really badly and I was just wondering what ppl thought comparing the two, the crappy romance of Star Wars to what I think was a really well done love story and if ppl agreed or disagreed or just what they thought. I mean the Han and Leia thing was great so obviously Star Wars can do it, but I'm sorry the A/P thing was just plain bad in my opinion and a lot of others I think. I know they had crappy lines but still, they cud of made sumthing work. Hayden seemed 2 b better in the scenes where Natalie wasn't there cause they just seemed really awkward around each other, not in a sweet way either, they just didn't fit. With them, ppl in the cinema were laughing cause it was just so corny and cheesey. At the end i was thinking 'why wud she marry him?' I just didn't get it. But with the lotr's story u cud just tell, by the way they looked at each other that they were so in love. I just thought it was done really beautifully and acted great. And as I've said in my first post, it was just 5-10 minutes in 2 3 hour films but it was put across perfectly, very sweet and romantic where as with the A/P one I kinda felt it was shoved in ur face to try to convince u it made sense and was true. The corny chat-up lines were awful but that was the writing but I just thought Natalie seemed to have no interest whatsoever in Anakin, she just didn't seem to have anything with him, u cud tell he was obsessed with her but i guess for me it just didn't work at all. Maybe they weren't really 'in love', in the true love sense. Maybe they did care for each other but circumstanses kind of led them 2 it. I dunno but for me I just thought it was poorly done. I just wanted to know having seen both love stories, how did ppl compare them. And plez again I no this is a Star Wars board but try and cum up with gud reasons not just 'A/P cause SW's is better', i love star wars and lotr but i really hate the SW's romance so try and kinda be objective and not just say i like A/P cause it's star wars ya no?

Rogue Jedi
you have to remember, leia. im a man. this is a question that i would trust a womans answer on.

Princess_Leia
oh, sorry. I just looked at my post and dear lord it's freakin huge! well that's what u get for being so damn opinionated. Yeh well it is probably more a girl thing and just outta interest, who wud u choose, Padme or Arwen and why?and do u give a crap about their characters?

Rogue Jedi
padme. besides the fact that she is beautiful, she is intelligent and strong willed.

Princess_Leia
I kinda guessed u'd say that. Out of interest I had another thread about all the leading girls in star wars and lotr (Arwen, Eowyn, Padme,Leia) and what ppl thought about each of them so what do u think of Arwen and the others?Do u actually Natalie herself or just as Padme?

Rogue Jedi
leia. she kicks arse. she is just as beautiful as padme, especially in that gold bikini.(sorry, i was naughty for a second there.) plus, i think she is a better fighter.

finti
this has nothing to do with Star wars so ...........moving

Rogue Jedi
finti is right. we kind of got off the subject here.

Lyn
Leia, soz i only just read this page but in answer to ur question...i like both SW and LOTR... i am a little biased because i like SW better but i think its good that both of the female characters are strong...both Arwen and Padme. I think the romance in LOTR is crafted well because the dialogue is believeable...i love the scenes in EP2 when Ani&Padme are together and i think they both share chemistry its just that they have pretty corny lines to read. I think the "light" loveydovey stuff in SW contrasts the rest of the film...as it does in LOTR. I could totally believe that both couples were in love even if GL made it into half of the film, i think its better they showed more.
Anyway i rambled a bit there soz...but i think both couples work cept SW has sum bad lines but still sum great chemistry!!

Princess_Leia
Yeh, I think the A/A was way better due to the fact it was subtle compared to A/P. The few scenes were great between them and so powerful and even though it's just a few minutes from each film, everything is explained perfectly. The chemistry between Viggo and Liv was amazing, u really believe they were in love and it's so romantic without making u reach for the sick bucket laughing. I thought it was done so beautifully. I've said before that I thought the other romance was trying too hard, trying to make u believe it made scence so they shoved it in your face you know. Even though I hate Anakin, I felt bad for Hayden cause I sorta felt that as least he tried, Natalie just seemd disinterested and bored. She's not into Star Wars at all. The idea for the love story's fine, that u can believe but the way it was done was awful and the actors hadn't got the spark. All I'll say for that movie is that, Thank God for Ewan McGregor!!!!!!

Captain REX
Aragorn and Arwen. I think it is a better couple because they are miles apart, she's giving up her immortality, and they are still madly in love with one another.

Princess_Leia
I think so too. I thought it was the most romantic thing ever! I'd love to have a big love story like that but it seems to be more an olden day thing which sucks.

Captain REX
What's wrong with it being medieval-like? I think it's great. You don't really see undying creatures in Star Wars, do you? Just really old ones.

Princess_Leia
No I didn't meant it being medeival was bad, just that its sad that it isn't like that nowadays. I'd love to live back then, (well except for the lack of women's lib and no t.v and cinema and no internet! the humanity!) but yeh i didn't mean it as a bad thing you know.

Captain REX
Oh, ok, I misread. My apologies.

Princess_Leia
That's ok, don't worry. Medeival love stories are actually usually the most romantic. I wish it was like that now a days.

Captain REX
Yeah, except without the famine and war part of it. big grin

Capt_Fantastic
Hayden Christensen is gay people. I've thought so since the first time I saw him.

Princess_Leia
Though I hate the character of Anakin, from a few interviews of Hayden Christensen's I've read, he actually seems really nice. And he did say he used to mess up the kissing scenes so he could do them again...perv! nah, he seems ok but there's nothing wrong with being gay anyway but i'm assuming u mean gay in a 'he's a loser' kinda way though. Are u jealous cause u fancy Natalie Portman?cause a lot of guys hate him for that reason.

And yeh about the medievl thing, the whole war, famine thing would suck. plus no t.v or cinema or internet! how did those people survive!??

Lyn
I really liked Hayden Christensen, I think he shows Anakin well. Plus he's cute love embarrasment

Princess_Leia
I just hated Anakin as a character so that put me off the actor. He does seem like a nice enough guy. He's not ugly or anything, he's ok in the film but i've seen a few pictures of him in real life and he looks high or something! I think the thing that brought him down most in the film was the love scenes, still don't think they had any chemistry and they both seemed so awkward around each other and not in a good way. He seemed good at the being angry and immature parts and is GREAT at whining! Never wanted to bitchslap someone so much during a film! So if that's the effect they wanted with Anakin they certainly won me over!

I'll take my lovely Jedi Knight Obi over that whiny, immature, up himself brat anyday!

Lyn
Although I don't agree with your ideas on Hayden and Anakin, Leia...I have to agree with your views on Obi-Wan and Ewan. He plays him so well now, he's just totally settled into that character. And he's funny.

Princess_Leia
Yeh I think pretty much everyone agrees that Ewan/Obi Wan are brilliant. Can I ask what are ur views on Anakin then?

Julie
I go with Anakin and Padme....but uhhh what exactly are we judging on.....looks....romance....the match....????

Lyn
I personally thought Anakin was great in Ep2...Jake Lloyd did annoy me a little bit and Hayden did sooooooooooooo well at the "angry" thing.
I thought he was good anyway.
Oh and Julie, I just put stuff about looks, romance and match.

Julie
well in that case I still go with Anakin and Padme

Princess_Leia
Oh I feel the same Lyn, I think he did do the angry, emotional thing good too. But I also thought he was really whiny and arrogant and a brat but i think that's part of his character you know. So I think the character was good cause that's the way he's supposed to be but i still hate him cause i didn't feel he was a likeable person at all.

And yeh Julie it's kinda about everything, the romance, the chemistry and stuff.

Lyn
Well Leia, maybe that was how he was supposed to come across. A 19 year-old highly skilled and over-confident jedi with conflicting feelings and a great deal of impatience. If that makes sense...

Princess_Leia
I think so. I just don't like him but that's just the way his character is.

Lyn
Exactly happy

Princess_Leia
are u an Anakin fan yourself?

Lyn
Not of the ACTUAL character, I mean look what he becomes. wink
But at the start for little while I felt sorry for him, you know?
Like when he goes with Padme to speak with the Naboo Queen and she kinda yells at him...you know which part?? Anyway I felt sorry for him there and really really really sorry for him when his mother died.
At the end of the film I was kinda upset because even though I know what will happen to Anakin I wanted it to work out for the 2 of them.
I liked how he was portrayed in this film better than how he was in the first. I found him more whiny and annoying in Ep1 when Jake Lloyd played him. With Hayden Christensen, I truly felt I was watching Anakin Skywalker.

Hypernova
I think I am as new in being a star wars fan as you, Lyn.
laughing I just realised we both chose the same Avatar and we are both from Aus!!

I do think that HC as AS played his bit really well.

Leia: "He seemed good at the being angry and immature parts and is GREAT at whining! Never wanted to bitchslap someone so much during a film! So if that's the effect they wanted with Anakin they certainly won me over!"

Lyn: "I found him more whiny and annoying in Ep1 when Jake Lloyd played him. With Hayden Christensen, I truly felt I was watching Anakin Skywalker."

Couldn't have put it better myself, I felt exactly the same way about Hayden and Jake's potrayal of Anakin.

And to answer this question.... I like both couples better stick out tongue

Princess_Leia
So u agree with what Lyn said, that Jake was more whiny and annoying as Anakin than Hayden? Sorry it's just u quoted what we both wrote so i wasn't quite sure. Though I found both whiny and annoying I actually found Hayden more immature and whiny, though not that that's a bad thing on his part as that's probably the way they wanted the character.

Lyn
Nice one Hypernova thumb up
Same home, same avatar and by the look of your pics...the same favourite SW character too. happy
And I'm glad you agree with some of our views, our discussion has gone for a while huh Leia?? I really like HC, like really really like love

Hypernova
I agree with both these sections of your quotes as you discussed them.

I did find parts of Hayden/Anakin annoying - more immature and whiny. I thought Jake/Anakin was quite mature considering... and for a 9/10 year old. He seemed to have alot more potential laughing out loud

But I am the newer fan (much like Lyn) and find Hayden/Anakin absolutely amazing (when he is not being annoyingly whiny, immature, arrogant or brat-ish). love

I wish we saw more of Anakin and Padme, and watch their relationship develop... have a better connection with them before... Ep III

Princess_Leia
I'm actually quite a new fan myself, I only started watching the films when ep2 came out, then i saw the others and loved em. I think Lyn, you feel the way about Hayden that I feel about Ewan. I think Hayden did a pretty good job, it's more about the character that irrates me you know? though i get its just the way he is, i still wanna bitchslap him! I take it both of ur favourite character are Padme yeh? I like her too though well obviously i like Leia more, though Padme's got prettier costumes. Well I love Obi the most anyway, then Leia, Han Solo, then probably Padme next.

Lyn
God I love you people!! laughing

Hypernova, Jake does have potential. I mean he had to play the young Anakin Skywalker and he did an alright job. And he was mature huh?? He looked really cute and little at the end of Ep1, when Padme turns to look at him and he's got the Padawan look...awww...and I would have liked to have seen more of Anakin and Padme, they were so cute to watch and her clothes were incredibly beautiful. Hayden/Anakin....mmmm..... love

Leia, I think what you said about Me-Hayden, You-Ewan is a very accurate way of describing it. We both like the other actors/characters but prefer our own. Get me?? And I understand how you feel about the character he does have that whininess to him huh?! Oh and yeah Padme's my favourite character but Leia's closely second!!

Oh by the way, I'm not a totally NEW fan. I grew up kinda watching the OT and fell in love with the PT when they started coming out. I liked SW before but I absolutely LOVE it now!!

Princess_Leia
Yeh, that's true Lyn, I love Ewan/Obi, I think Hayden seems really sweet, I find Anakin an interesting character but I don't 'like' him, cause he really does whine! It's part of the character but i wanted more evilness than whinyness! I do agree, Padme's costumes were beautiful, I'm doing an art project in school and i'm doing it on Padme and Arwen's costumes cause I absolutely love them, my favourite is the Lake Retreat One, it's so pretty! and the picnic one is lovely too. and yeh, it would have been better to see more of the romance cause then it might be more believeable but i won't get into that again!

Princess_Leia
I do like Padme but I don't think she has the same thing Leia has, the whole 'mess with me and I'll kick ur arse!' thing which I loved, she was such a strong character. Padme's good but I felt they tried to make her too much 'Leia's mom' rather than just Padme as her own character. Like I do get they wanted similarities but I think they tried too hard to make them alike and Padme doesn't have that fire that Leia had and I think it might be down to Natalie, she just doesn't seem as into it as all the others you know? She's good but she's just not as passionate about it as say some others projects she might do that are more her thing if that makes sense. And I think to most people, when they think of star wars, they'll think of Princess Leia, sure everyone thinks Padme's hot but if u ask people who aren't fans of star wars they don't even know her name but they'll know the name Princess Leia. So I think Leia made more of an impact. Padme's had nicer costumes though! Did u hear what Carrie Fisher said about Natalie? She said that it sucks too have such a beautiful chick plying your mom and they fact she has to be associated with her in anyway is horrible. I'd agree cause if i was in her place i'd find hard being compared to this really pretty girl. I wonder what Mark Hamill thinks of Hayden? and I'd loved too have found out what Alec Guiness thought of Ewan but he sadly died during ep2's filming, he saw ep1 i'd say and i think i read something about him saying Ewan was very good. It woulda been better if he'd seen ep2 cause that is so Ewan's movie, I'd say Alec woulda been proud.

Lyn
K so we're agreed, Obi-Wan/Ewan is really cool and funny and Hayden is cool, Anakin is too but he whines and isn't everyone's favourite person. Good stuff thumb up

What a MAD art project, you're so lucky!! Both those characters have amazing costumes. I LUV the Lake Retreat one and the Meadow Picnic one too, plus showing more of their romance would've been better, nice to know we agree on that!! happy

I loved that "mess with me and I'll kick your arse" quality about Leia it always inspired me. Girls kicking butt, rock on!! I do understand what you mean about Padme. They do try to make her like Leia and you're right it's because Leia was such a memorable character with such a great attitude. That point you made about the names, and the character Leia being associated with SW, totally true. If only the PT was as popular as the OT sad

Did Carrie Fischer really say that?? That's a little odd... but I guess having your mum played by a younger, prettier girl must be hard. Bet she's jealous of all the great costumes stick out tongue

The great Sir Alec Guiness would most definitley be proud happy

Princess_Leia
I don't think Carrie said it in a mean way you know? cause I read something Natalie said about meeting Carrie at some event and she introduced people to Natalie as her mom! So i think she meant it but not in a bad way u know? I'd love too know what Carrie thought about the prequels cause I've never heard what she actually thought. I'd be jealous too of the costumes but the movies were set at different times, like Leia was in a war and Padme wasn't so Leia didn't have the chance to wear all these cool costumes but I know I'd be pretty damn pissed of if I was Carrie but Leia will always be remembered I'd say whereas people like Padme now but I don't think she'll 'last' the same way Leia has if you get what I mean. I think Leia is just as pretty but I think it's not only her looks but it's her personality that makes her attractive. Padme's really pretty too but I think well Natalie is very pretty in her own right, she's not quite as pretty as when she's Padme you know? So I think the costumes and the hair and the settings really helped if u get me. She is pretty but she's really 'girl next door' type (which isn't bad or anything). I just think with Padme she just doesn't have that thing that characters like Luke, Han and Leia had to make them last. I think the only people who will 'last' from the prequels will be Obi-Wan and Yoda (hopefully cause i think they deserve it).

smile . I read in a magazine, they had this poll about top 100 sci-fi characters and Darth Vader came in 4th but it said underneath that loads of people who voted had said 'Darth Vader is cool but not that Anakin Skywalker imposter!' so again i dunno if Anakin's quite as memorable as he needs to be to 'last'. Cause I know a lot of people weren't impressed with him and Natalie so it's hard to know. Anyway after all that waffle I was justing trying to say that I don't really think Padme will be a name remembered by everyone the way Leia has.

And yeh I'm really excited about my art project, I've already done a drawing of the Lake Retreat dress. The next one I'm doing is an Arwen dress, it wasn't in the movie but its so goregous, it's low cut and blue and has really long sleaves, i dunno if u know which one i mean but it's lovely anyway! I might do the picnic one after that.

Lyn
I get what you mean with Leia and Padme. Carrie Fischer is pretty and her attitude adds to what makes her attractive. And yeah they were set in different times, but Leia's gold bikini is the most memorable SW costume and her hairdo!! I know exactly what you mean. Characters from the OT will last forever. happy

Natalie is pretty wothout the makeup and everything, I agree there. She doesn't need all of it but it just helps to create the atmosphere. Carrie had that same thing-she was pretty regardless. GL just likes to vamp it up and because of that we get to see all these mad new costumes.

Darth Vader, Yoda, R2-D2, C-3PO will ALWAYS be remembered.
Luke, Han and Leia will have that same long-lasting thing, as will Obi-Wan and Chewie and stuff like the Ewoks.

Arwen's costumes are gorgeous too!! I can't remember them as much as I remember Padme's because I've only seen LOTR 1&2 once. But from what I can remember they were extremely beautiful.

Thank God for SW & LOTR!!

Hypernova
I guess, like both of you, I came to be a fan after Ep II... and fell in love with Ani/Hayden (much like Lyn :lolsmile love love love

I was just wondering... wasn't Organa a Senator? How did Leia come to be a princess? I think I must have missed this. Or is this something to be covered in Ep III?

Lyn
I'm not too sure, I think probably because Bail Organa is such an important person he has his own court, so she's a princess I'm not 100% on that though.

Hey, btw Hypernova I'm not a totally totally new fan. I had watched the OT a couple of times before.

Hayden, mmmm love

Hypernova
So have I... but not until Ep II did I become so smitten with a character laughing out loud
I've seen it few times but it was not until recently did I watch all three Ep IV-VI one after the other followed byt Ep I and Ep II...
I think I appreciate the movies more because of my Ep I & II experience raver

Lyn - probably a case where he does become king in which ever planet/world he comes from... maybe the same way Padme was the Queen of Naboo? What do you think?

Lyn
Probably, sounds the most likely thumb up
You could ask one of the mods, they'd know.

The PT also bettered my SW experience.

Princess_Leia
Bail Organa's gonna be in ep3 so i guess we'll find out then.

Lyn
Yeah. He was only in like 3 scenes in Ep2. He's played by an Aussie guy-Jimmy Smits.

Princess_Leia
He was in ep2? I didn't even notice him. I know they mentioned him in ep1 though. Well guess we'll find out in ep3.

Hypernova
Yes he was in Ep II esp in the early scenes when Palpatine suggests to have the jedi's protect Padme.

Jimmy Smits aka Bail Organa

(Woohoo I can post links!!) Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lyn
That's it Hypernova, exactly. And he's at the end where Palpatine's looking over the clones and he's standing beside him, angry.

He was in Ep1??
Where??
When??

Hypernova
Do you think Padme will personally ask Bail to take care of her daughter? Padme sure is a very good strategist!

Not sure about Ep I will have to watch it again.

Lyn
I wondered about that, I posted something about it in "How Will Padme Die?" If you can Hypernova, read it.

Padme....she's brilliant!!

Lyn
Hey Leia, I saw LOTR-Fellowship yesterdat. My Dad bought the VHS. I saw some of Arwen's costumes. The white one is nice and the blue kinda one she rides in.
I like the part where she has Frodo with her and the 9 are after her and she goes across the water...
"If you want him, come and claim him." I love that!!

Princess_Leia
Yeh I love that part too!and all the parts with her and Aragorn, they're sooooooo romantic! They're my favourite couple. I loved those dresses too, the very first one, the white one is really pretty but i can't find a picture of all of it, all the pictures only show the top part which is annoying! I really like the blue see through dress she wears in TTT, that's really nice but it's so different from all the others, cause like the others are all medieval style. Can't wait to see her wedding dress, bet it'll be gorgeous! do u prefer Padme's costumes? I like them both, i can't decide! What do u think of Eowyn's costumes from TTT?

Hypernova
The white dress Eowyn had in the "classic TTT shot" is beautiful!!
I have this image of Eowyn in a white dress with the brown vest as she carries the sword (not the same as when Aragorn first sees Eowyn with the sword)!

Oh! By the way, does anyone remember Padme's dress when they first land in Tatooine? Arwen has something similar to that. (I seemed to have switched off my "post pic" option) sad

And Lyn - Have read the thread of Padme's death. I don't think she'll die in Ep III big grin

Lyn
Can't wait to see her wedding dress, bet it'll be gorgeous! do u prefer Padme's costumes? I like them both, i can't decide! What do u think of Eowyn's costumes from TTT?

I can't wait to see them marry either!! Her dress will be SO beautiful!!
I probably prefer Padme's coustme because I've seen the film more, and they just stuck in my head...but gees Arwen has some nice clothes!! I remember 1 dress of Eowyn's in TTT, a white one. She looked really nice it was a great style of dress, I love all those old time dresses. BTW, try Google for pics, that's where I go.

Lyn
Oh! By the way, does anyone remember Padme's dress when they first land in Tatooine?

Do you mean the long blue-green cloak thing, like when they are walking away from the ship?? I'll see if I can get a pic of it.

And Lyn - Have read the thread of Padme's death. I don't think she'll die in Ep III

Oh I don't think she'll die either, I just posted a little idea I had IF she died

Lyn
Here's one of the dress, without the cloak thing.

Hypernova
Here it is!! Found it!!

Hypernova
....and this

Princess_Leia
I love that picture of Arwen, she's looks so beautiful in it! I wish we could see more of her costume though. I'm seriously dying to see all her ROTK costumes, have u guys seen the blood red velvet dress? it's the one she wears in the 'look into the future' scene but u don't see it properly but i've seen pictures of it. Liv Tyler says it's her favourite but that u see a close up of her so u don't actually get to see the dress. There's also this purple one that'll be in ROTK where she's standing under an arch, that one's pretty too.

Princess_Leia
Also another dress that's really nice, Leia's dress at the end of A New Hope, when she's giving Luke and Han their medals? I really liked that one.

Lyn
How nice is Arwen's dress in that pic!! (Hypernova's)
I tried to find one of Padme's green one--couldn't find it...It's a nice one though.
I haven't seen any pictures of Arwen in ROTK--Can you post some please??
I know which dress you mean Leia--I love her hair there too.

Hypernova
You mean this one?

Hypernova
I thought Arwen looks beautiful in this

Hypernova
This one with Elrond looks picture perfect!

Hypernova
Oh and here was the one on Eowyn stick out tongue

Hypernova
I think this is from ROTK

Princess_Leia
Yeh that red dress was the one I was talking about Hypernova and i agree she looks beautiful in the blue dress u posted too. She looks gorgeous in the last picture you posted as well.God Liv Tyler is the luckiest girl ever to get to wear such wonderful costumes! I wish nowadays we got to wear stuff like that!

And Lyn, yeh Leia's hair looked cool in that scene, I thought she looked beautiful. And which green dress of padme's are u talking about?

Lyn
Fantastic Pics Hypernova--Thank You!! happy thumb up
All of Arwen's clothes are SOOOO beautiful!! And Eowyn's dress looks amazing!! You're right Leia, I'd LOVE to be Liv Tyler or Natalie Portman--just to get to wear such nice costumes!! I wish we could wear stuff like that too Leia.

I liked Leia on Endor with the Ewoks. You know with her hair and that dress--it was really nice!!
I meant the green one from Tatooine but it's ok, Hypernova posted it. happy

Hypernova
Here is another one of that red dress... maybe it will be in ROTK

Hypernova
And Arwen sleeping

mephistodesigns
A/A was definetly handled better. This is weird cuz i was just watching Fellowship the other day and thinking about how much better it was handled. I got to thinking though, this could simply come down to a maturity level in actors. A/A were played by actors who have had more real life experience and perhaps more to go on. However, I do think it was also written better. If you include AOTC's deleted scenes, then I think A/P was handled well too but Lucas made a poor choice of what to show and what not to. Maybe he should have called up Jackson for some pointers big grin

Lyn
Yeah, he should have used the scene's from Padme's house...they were good. I agree mephisto thumb up

Melkor_TheEnemy
Personally I have to go with Aragorn and Arwen, when you think about it both couples have many striking similarities.

With A/A their love is frowned upon by some, namely Arwen's father Elrond, this is because of his love for her and he not wanting to see her hurt. With A/P, the Jedi Council would not allow a union to go ahead. So both relationships are tragic ones.

In Episode II I got the feeling some H/C that he was just some horny guy looking to get in Padme's underwear... not love. I never got the sense he loved her or she loved him back.

However in Lord of the Rings A/A's love for eachother is evident in the few small scenes. The superb acting and chemistry the two have it outstanding in helping to get this message across, her given up her immortal life, her forsaking the Undying Lands for the small chance that Sauron does not win and her and Aragorn can live together for the rest of their days.

Surely if A/P truly loved each other he would give up the Jedi Order and she would give up her politics? Maybe not completly as Aragorn continues his quest with the Fellowship even though it takes him from her.

I'm not sure how to put it across correctly, don't get me wrong I am a Star Wars fan but I feel that A/A actually portrayed love while A/P was just...ummm.... mixed lustful, confused, strange, rushed feelings. Hormones going crazy and stuff.

Sorry if I didn't make sense in some parts

DBZFan
Aragorn would win!!!

Hypernova
The first time I saw this on the big screen, I thought it was magical! A ranger in love with an Elf (and after reading their history...)

Lyn
Melkor_TheEnemy...you made sense. Although I LOVE the A/P romance, I do believe A/A was done much better. Their scenes were beautiful!!

Princess_Leia
I think the reason why the A/A romance was better was because it was subtle. It was just a few scenes in an ass-numbingly long movie but they were all so powerful wheras with A/P there were lots of scenes but they were pretty much all over the top, all 'oh i love u with every breath in my body', stuff, I almost felt they were trying too hard to make the audience believe in it. I think the idea of the Star Wars love story does make sense I just think they didn't execute it very well.

You put you're point across very well Melkor, I'm the same, I never know if I'm using the right words to explain what I'm talking about either! I agree with what you said. I just think the Aragorn/Arwen relationship is really beautiful and they had such amazing chemistry, the looks and the touchs, everything about it was just so wonderfully done and really tasteful. The thing with A/P is that yeh, he did come across as a bit of a stalker boy didn't he? I think with him, it's obsession, he's obsessed with her and with her, to be honest I didn't get why she married him at all! I never believed her feelings really, she just seemed uninterested, like not just playing hard to get or hiding feelings but just like i'm not interested and then they get married? I dunno I just didn't FEEL it, it just seemed like they had to get them together in the end.

Lyn
It did feel a little rushed. And, having watched FOTR & TTT a few more times now, I know what you mean. Very subtle but very effective. I guess when it comes down to it, SW just didn't have enough time.

Princess_Leia
yeh and GL just can't do romance! I absolutely adore Leia and Han so it's a pity he didn't get whoever wrote them to do Padme and Anakin too. I think the film probably got a bit bogged down by special effects and they didn't work as much on the actual story whereas with LOTR's, Peter Jackson really concentrated on the storytelling and didn't let the special effects overpower the story. Like I love Star Wars but I think in film-making terms, LOTR is the winner. I'm going to see LOTR's in a few days so I'll be back with more to say probably!

Lyn
I liked Han & Leia's romance too, it was so amusing. However, GL couldn't have done the same thing with Anakin & Padme because we'd already seen it. Their's had to be different.

But I do agree with what you say about PJ...I love SW but LOTR are definitley a FANTASTIC trilogy...hopefully I'll see ROTK soon. Comes out here in like, 2 days. So Leia, if you see it...don't tell me stuff from it k!! wink stick out tongue

Princess_Leia
Ok don't worry I won't! I know what that's like cause when the Harry Potter book came out I decided to read it slowly cause I wanted to make it last but that meant loads of people had already finished it so as soon as someone said 'so in harry potter wasn't it really cool when....' i had to run out of the room with my hands over my ears.

Anyway, i agree they couldn't have done it the same,i didn't mean they should, I don't think it would have suited the characters anyway cause Anakin is a straight-forward kinda guy, like if he wants something he'll go and get it with no regards for the consequences but Han was too stubborn to admit he loved Leia. Padme is a lot more reserved that Leia, Leia was really like 'if you piss me of I swear to god I'll kick your ass!' kinda gal, really feisty and stubborn whearas Padme isn't.

Lyn
"I loved that part in ROTK when..."
"NO!!!!"
*runs out of room with hands over ears* laughing stick out tongue wink

I loved that about Leia. I mean, Padme is still stubborn and strong and determined, everything that Leia was, but Leia...voiced it more.

Leia was really like 'if you piss me of I swear to god I'll kick your ass!' Too right!! I adore Leia...I really do. At least now we get to see where all that "toughness" came from...even if with Padme, it is more subdued.

Vegeta13
Yeah with a Light Sabre

Darth Revan
Well said yes

Princess_Leia
i]Originally posted by Darth Revan
Well said yes

Thank you!! big grin

SilverFighter
This is an interesting thread since the main discussion is the love relationship. A/A and A/P are both good because both couples have love for each other. Both A/A and A/P go through different challenges but I think the most challengin of the two is A/P. I think this, becuase we all know that Anakin is destine to be evil (but in the end he does redeem himself). So it would be interesting to see what happens in Episode III, with the love relationship in order to decide which love story is the best one.

Princess_Leia
Thanks SilverFighter, I'm glad you like the thread. It's all about the lurve!!!
I have to disagree with you that A/P has the most challenges, I think A/A have to overcome a lot more. I mean obviously A/P don't have the simplest relationship but they don't know at the time that Anakin will turn evil, sure they have to hide their marriage and they split up or whatever happens but compare that to having to give up your immortality and family to be with the one you love and having to go and fight against the Dark Lord and lead the army and regain the throne and all the other things Aragorn has to do. Just because A/A have a happy ending doesn't mean it was less challenging for them or they had less obstacles to overcome. Yes A/P was forbidden but Anakin could leave the Order if he wanted whereas Arwen had to give up her immortality so I think that's a hell of lot more to have to give up. For me personally, A/A will always be THE love story, I like the idea of A/P but i just think they haven't executed it as well as they could have which is a pity cause it is a good story. Though I am really looking forward to ep3 to see how it all goes!!! I think for SW i'll always love Han/Leia the most though, they are just so cool together!!!

mahoganywoman
Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman absolutly have no on screen chemistry whatsoever. Episode two had to be the lamest show of a love story that I have ever seen between two actors. George Lucas definitly should of had Obi-Wan's character lead this movie instead of the love story between Padme and Annikan because it was dry and the majority of the Star Wars fans that I know agree that it was down right corny to hear them express their love for each other. Not that their was anything wrong with Hayden, but Natalie absolutly did not make me believe she was in love with Annikan. If you look at Leia and Han Solo the chemistry was there and you believed they were in love at the end of Episode 5, then you also look at Aragon and Arwen I also believed they were in love as well as Neo and Trinity characters as well as Spiderman and MaryJane, but Padme and Annikan? No way did I believe they were in love. I hope Lucas does a better job of the love story in Episode 3

Lyn
I do understand where you're coming from. And the couples you listed were better in regards to their love portrayal.

Princess_Leia
Originally posted by mahoganywoman
Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman absolutly have no on screen chemistry whatsoever.

I have to agree there, Natalie in particular seemed very uncomfortable.

Episode two had to be the lamest show of a love story that I have ever seen between two actors. George Lucas definitly should of had Obi-Wan's character lead this movie instead of the love story between Padme and Annikan because it was dry and the majority of the Star Wars fans that I know agree that it was down right corny to hear them express their love for each other.

I agree, they should of had Obi Wan lead the movie because he's really the strongest and most interesting character, well for me anyway. I think for me I found it strange that Anakin spend the whole time saying cheesy chat-up lines and acting like a stalker and Padme was just so dis-interested in the whole thing that in made no sense when she decided to marry him. You're just left asking Why? To be honest I'd be quite interested to see Padme get together with Obi Wan. I know that she'd have to be with Anakin to have the twins but I'd like to see her realising Anakin isn't who she thought he was and developing a friendship with Obi and they could have feelings for each other but not act on them out of respect for Anakin but Palpatine makes Anakin believe they're actually having an affair and that's how Obi and he fall out and splits him and Padme. I don't think they'll do this as they have this whole Padme/Anakin as 'star-crossed lovers' thing but yeh, personally I'd quite like to see something like that, oh well, a gal can dream!

But basically, I agree with pretty much everything you said.

VengeanceGOD
The love story needed to be told. Unfortunately, it wasn't told well. sad

mahoganywoman
The lamest part of the love story was expressed during the battle scene on Geonosis when Padme expressed her love for Annikan. Natalie sounded so dry in reciting that poem. As if she was forced to do it. Then that rediculous kiss she gave Annikan when she jumped on the back of the creature was just laughable. And I hope that they do a better job of handling it better in EP3

WindDancer
Now that you put it that way I think you are right. Arwen does give up her immortality for Aragorn which is the ultimate sacrifice (I think) for her. Then again we still don't know what Padme might sacrife for her love of Anakin. So is still a toss up wink

Princess_Leia
i personally don't think anything Padme could give up for Anakin could ever compare to what Arwen gave up for Aragorn. What is there that she could sacrifice? her career? ok she loves her career but love is more important so she'd get over it. I think if Padme ends up sacrificing anything, say her life, it'll be for Luke and Leia. To protect them. As I said their relationship may be forbidden but Anakin could just give up the order to be with her. It's not a completely impossible situation. He could still be a jedi and have power (which is the thing he really wants) but wouldn't have to follow the rules so I don't think it'd bother him all that much if you think about it. Sure they might have to sacrifice a few things but it really isn't an impossible situation.

Arwen on the other hand not just gave her life, but an immortal life. She gave up the chance to ever see her mother again and be parted from her brothers and father forever because she loved Aragorn so much. She died a mortal death just so they could always be together so I don't think even if Padme gave up her life for whatever reason it wouldn't be the same as she wasn't going to live forever anyway and she'd see her family in the afterlife.

Lyn
Though I love P/A I agree with you; A/A sacrificed a great deal more.

WindDancer
Those are also very good points Princess Leia. I've look at the earlier posts in this thread, and I notice some of you were saying that there was no chemistry between Natalie and Hayden. Yes I feel the same the way, but for the purpose of this thread I'm sticking to the idea of the characters rather than the actors. Your point of Padme sacrificin herself for Luke and Leia is very true and veryposible, and I think it also would also apply to Arwen if she was in that situation.

I think that what makes the love between A/P very interesting is that both met each other in their youth. Of course Padme is much more older, but somehow Anakin personality grew in Padme until it became love. Another reason why I find it more interesting is the posibility of the end in the relationship. What will happen to Padme when she sees that Anakin has join the dark side? Don't you think she will die with the pain of seeing her love become something she despises the most? It would just make her a martyr to see that her true love has now become evil. But that is "if" she sees Anakin join the dark side.

Princess_Leia
I think it's a pity how A/P was handled as it is a good story if it had of been told right. I think it's a combination of bad writing, bad direction and bad acting. I think Natalie Portman, from what's she's said before, finds 'love scenes' very uncomfortable and it showed alot.

Do you mean that Arwen would also sacrifice herself for her children?

I do think A/P is an interesting story, but it's more the idea of it then what you actually get in the film. Like on paper it's a good idea and makes sense but on screen there's a lot of problems. It is interesting to find out what happens at the end of their relationship but I'd find I'd care more if I really believed in their love. We're told they're in love but I know I wasn't the only one who came out of ep2 asking 'so....why did she marry him again?'. It was just 'no, we can't do this' then bam! 'I do!'. I just wasn't convinced by them. I watch LOTR's and look at Arwen and Aragorn and I think 'now that's love!'.

I do think their story is sad, I'm not saying it isn't but I just don't think it compares to what Aragorn and Arwen go through for each other. Sure it will be sad for Padme to see Anakin go evil but I think it's sadder the fact that Arwen gives up her family for Aragorn and he works for years and goes through hell and back just to be with her. Sure they have a happy ending but they sacrifice a lot for each other.

I do feel sorry for Padme as I know she'll go through a lot but I just think Arwen and Aragorn are THE ultimate love story, their story is happy in the end but only after years of being apart, not knowing if they'll ever be together. It's a happy ending but tinged with sadness.

Lyn

Princess_Leia
Well as you've probably guessed I agree with what you've said of A/A but what exactly did you mean by you didn't think it'd be possible if you'd only saw a picture? You didn't think they'd be as good as they were?

I actually think Padme and Anakin's scenes in ep1 were a lot better than in ep2 even though I found Jake Lloyd annoying. I think the idea of the story does make sense it's just the way it was done makes it seem unbelieveable. Obviously the lines were a big part of its downfall but I still think if there was chemistry it would have come through anyway. Hayden I think tried to do his best with it but and as much as I like Natalie I think she was very wooden. I think that's probably because she isn't comfortable doing love scenes. She's said before that being told to kiss someone makes her feel like a whore and as well I don't think Star Wars is really her thing. Ewan and Hayden seem to love it but I don't think it's the type of film she's into so it might of been hard for her to be entusiatic about it.

Again, I think A/P could have been really good but it was poorly done which is a pity.

Princess_Leia
Well as you've probably guessed I agree with what you've said of A/A but what exactly did you mean by you didn't think it'd be possible if you'd only saw a picture? You didn't think they'd be as good as they were?

I actually think Padme and Anakin's scenes in ep1 were a lot better than in ep2 even though I found Jake Lloyd annoying. I think the idea of the story does make sense it's just the way it was done makes it seem unbelievable. Obviously the lines were a big part of its downfall but I still think if there was chemistry it would have come through anyway. Hayden I think tried to do his best with it but and as much as I like Natalie I think she was very wooden. I think that's probably because she isn't comfortable doing love scenes. She's said before that being told to kiss someone makes her feel like a whore and as well I don't think Star Wars is really her thing. Ewan and Hayden seem to love it but I don't think it's the type of film she's into so it might of been hard for her to be enthusiastic about it.

Again, I do think A/P could have been really good but it was done poorly which is a pity.

WindDancer
I understand what you trying to say, and I agree with the A/A is better than A/P. But now let me ask you this. Do you think that both A/A is A/P romances are destine? Or did they meet by chance? Let me put it this way. Both couples met in their youth. Do you think that it was destiny that brought A/A together? Is certainly true for A/P it was prophecy ages ago that there will "one" individual that will bring order to the force (which is Luke and he is the product of A/P).

Now of course Aragorn is destine to be king. But is Arwen consider his destine love? Do you think that destiny brought them together? I personaly think that destiny play a big part for A/P. Was destiny a big part for A/A.

I'm not being negative about A/A romance (I really think they are an awesome couple), but I always wonder if destiny can be atributed for them to fall in love.

Princess_Leia
Is is destiny that brought Anakin and Padme together? I know there was a prohecy but that was just about Anakin bringing balance. It never says anything about how he will do it. Anakin could have fallen to the darkside and be brought back my his mother if she hadn't died or Obi Wan, like if the situations had been different, you know what I mean? Obviously we'll never know but it was never specific so anything could have happened given whatever events were happening at the time.

Arwen and Aragorn were destined because when they first met in Rivendell Aragorn called her Luthien like her ancestor who also gave up her immortality for a mortal and she replied ''I am not her but my fate may not be unlike hers'' or something to that effect so obviously she knew, or had an idea of what the future would bring though she didn't know it would be with him at that time. Then they fell in love and the rest is history.

Princess_Leia

Princess_Leia
sorry, my reply got posted twice by mistake

Lyn
I meant if I'd just seen a picture of Viggo ((normally)) and one of Liv I would not have been able to envision them being in love. They pulled it off brilliantly.

I read something about that; her feeling umcomfortable about being told to kiss someone, I mean, Hayden is her friend. It would feel strange. And yeah, she does seem wooden at times though I believe that'd be more GL than Nat. Like, he would tell her how to act the scene out. He may have said something about how she's a strong woman and wouldn't let her emotions show often. How are you supposed to convey love and reluctance in a romantic scene...get me??

It could have been done better, I agree.

Princess_Leia
Oh ok, I get what you were saying about the picture thing now. I guess I see what you mean though I look at her husband and wouldn't have paired them up beforehand if it didn't know they were married as well so i guess you never know.

I've noticed when people are defending A/P they say that Padme wouldn't show her emotions so that's why she didn't seem interested but that's not what I mean. I understand why she would act like that but that isn't the way it comes across. Sure she's saying ''no we can't give in no matter how we feel'' but you don't get the impression she's too bothered at all. Anakin's feeling you can see but with her she just doesn't seem interested and not in a playing hard to get or trying to deny type way, if that's the way it came across then I'd understand but it doesn't. I think on paper it makes sense but the way they've done it on screen doesn't make it as believeable in the sense that you're not sure why they're together in the end. It tells us oh they're in love and soul mates and whatever but the scenes we're given don't really add up to the ending if you get what I mean. It's not so much the idea of them, just the way it was done makes it seem unbelievable. I do think it could have been done better and it's a pity it wasn't cause it could have been really great if it'd been done right.

I understand what you're saying about it being awkward but she's an actress. That's her job. Plenty of other actors kiss and do lots more very convincingly so why can't she? I don't mean to sound harsh but it can't be easy for other actors/actresses who are married or in a long term relationship to do personal things on screen but they pull it off. I'm not sure weather she had a boyfriend at the time but it was like, one kiss. It'll hardly kill her even if it does make her uncomfortable, (though I do understand that).

Lyn
I do get where you're coming from, she does seem slightly wooden at times. I watched Clones yesterday. Actually, their scenes aren't that bad, it's just at times the lines are poor and others, the acting is not exactly how I'd pictured it. But it still isn't terrible. And I do understand why you wonder about their marriage. It does seem rushed. I think that is due to the fact that the scenes at the Naberrie house were cut. That ruined everything. They should have never been deleted.

Lyn
That's true. It doesn't sound harsh, she shouldn't feel that uncomfortable. Gees, I would've LOVED kissing Hayden!!!!!!

WindDancer
See I was thinking on what Qui Gon had said that "nothing happens by chance". Padme met Anakin in Tattoine, and in episode II their relationship grew. When I said destiny I was thinking on the lines of Qui Gon analogy of the events that led them arrive in Tattoine. For me destiny played a big part on for Anakin and Padme.

Princess_Leia
Well, I don't fancy Hayden myself (I'll take Ewan ta!) but I can think of worse people who I wouldn't want to kiss. I think it's different for an actor, like you'd actually know that person, see them face to face so it'd be different than just seeing them in a film and thinking they're good-looking and wanting to kiss them. It'd probably feel strange but I don't really think she has anything to complain about. It was only one kiss after all.

I haven't watched my AOTC dvd yet so I haven't seen those scenes but when I do I'll let you know my opinion. I think it'd probably have added more depth to the relationship by the sounds of it though. I think it just goes from A to C in the film, you know? It's so determined to prove that the relationship works and makes sense but it doesn't present you with the evident to show it, if you get what I mean. I just think it's disappointing as they did so well with Leia and Han.

Also, completely off topic, I don't know if you read HEAT magazine but there was a little thing on Natalie in it but it wasn't very complementary. It had a picture of her and was making reference to her very bushy eyebrows which before now I hadn't really noticed but in this particular picture they were VERY bushy. Girl needs a plucker! Anyway, just a funny little thing I read and thought I'd share with you as I know you're a Natalie fan too. Also, I read another article suggesting she and Jude Law had a thing going on. He's got a girlfriend though so I doubt it's true. Do you know if it's true she dated Hayden? Cause I've read that before but I don't know if it's true.

Anyway, sorry to get off topic there!

Princess_Leia
Yeh, I think that's the angle that George Lucas is taking with it too, the whole star crossed lovers thing but I was just sort of thinking out loud about that thing with the prophesy, it isn't specific so if they'd done it from a different angle they could have had him go bad and be redeemed another way, do you know what I mean? It mightn't have had to be about a girl if they perhaps had Anakin being trained but being rejected by the other jedi and feeling really isolated and then with his mother dying have him decide to get his revenge and go bad but Obi Wan manages to save him. You know what I mean, just gone at it from way? Obviously certain things from the orignal triology have to be taken it to account but I'm just sorta thinking about alternative ways they could have done it. I think you're right though, it terms of the way George Lucas has portrayed it in the film it is meant to be a 'destiny' type thing.

Lyn
I like that angle to it also, the fact that fate or destiny bought them together. Her ship was destined to land on Tatooine and that fact that Qui-Gon chose Watto's shop.

Lyn
Perhaps, yeah, I get what you mean and why it might have been difficult. Still, shouldn't have been a huge deal.

They're nothing special, just nice scenes, a stage in their romance rather than going from her scolding him to them sharing their first kiss.

Haven't seen it, no. Bushy eyebrows?? Does she?? Ohh...no-one's perfect I guess. I read about her new buddie Jude, don't know though. The thing with her & Hayden seemed to just go with the film, they deny though so, I'm not sure.

That's fine. happy

Princess_Leia
if it was a big sex scene I'd understand her being really uncomfortable but it was only a kiss afterall.

I'm looking forward to watching the extra scenes. Her outfit in those scenes are lovely as I've seen pictures.

I was a bit surprised about the eyebrow thing as I've never noticed it before but she probably just left it too long before plucking. It had a close up of her face and they were quite big and I'd seen that picture before but a farther away one so you wouldn't notice it in that one. Anyway I just thought it was kinda funny. You don't usually get much about Natalie in the press so I thought it was amusing that the little bit you do get is about her eyebrows!

I doubt there's anything going on between her and Jude Law as he has a girlfriend and has just split from his wife a while back. I'd say they're just friends but you know the media.

Yeh, I never really believed the thing with her and Hayden but then I vaguely remembered reading an interview and they asked her about it and she said something like ''I don't want to talk about that relationship'' or something, something that made me think, oh maybe it is true. I can't remember it now so I'm not sure but apart from that I always got the impression they were just friends, which I'm pretty sure they are.

Lyn
Her dress is gorgeous in those scenes but I really, really love her hair.

Kind of ironic...and you're right, there isn't a great deal about her in the press.

They'd just be trying to vamp it up. They're also saying that Julia Roberts' marriage is on the rocks because she spent some time with Jude Law. They are all working together on Nat's new film; Closer.

I thought it would've just been cute if they had been a couple but I don't think they were. Just good friends that didn't want it to be blown out of proportion.

WindDancer
I think that we can say that Qui-Gon is a Jedi matchmaker wink
Anyways, for me it is destiny and the choices that Qui-Gon made that help Padme meet Anakin. I wonder how change will Anakin be in Episode III? I got a feeling that the sweet little boy from Tatooine will commit some very devasting things. If Padme dies I hope she doesn't get to see that evil of Anakin unfold. It will really crush her, and she might have a sad ending.

Lyn
I agree. Qui-Gon created Luke & Leia...good on him!! stick out tongue wink

I think he will have changed quite dramatically, he has been at war and everything. You're right, it would be terrible for Padme to have to watch her husband fall. God, this movie is gonna be sad...

Princess_Leia
Originally posted by Lyn
I agree. Qui-Gon created Luke & Leia...good on him!! stick out tongue wink

um.....ok that just gives me scary mental images of pregnant Qui Gon. Anyway, not sure we can really give all the credit to Qui Gon as he didn't exactly do it on purpose, like he was always going on about 'the here and the now' so it's not like he had any clue what was gonna happen. It was sort of a fluke or maybe it was the will of the force or whatever but it's not like he actually knew what he was doing at the time, all he knew was Anakin was the Chosen One.Obi and Yoda and Mace and the others actually did as they could sense the danger around Anakin, maybe they didn't know the exact details but they knew something was up. Obviously everything eventually works out but only after a hell of a lot of trouble and pain for everyone so I tend to give more credit to Obi. Qui Gon just started it off and then kicked the bucket leaving him to deal with all the mess. He was the one who hide Luke and Leia and watched over Luke and set him on the path to his destiny and sacrificed himself for them and everyone else so Luke could have a chance to face Vader so for me personally I give Obi the credit rather than Qui Gon.

Lyn
It wasn't a matter mf giving Qui-Gon the credit for everything, not my intention at all. In fact I agree with you, Obi-Wan does much more for The ENTIRE Skywalker family.
I just said that it was Qui-Gon's choice to visit Watto's Shop that led to their meeting.

Princess_Leia
Oh ok, just cause you said Qui Gon created Luke and Leia. I know you were joking about it but I thought that's what you meant cause a lot of people say isn't Qui Gon great yada yada yet lay into Obi which I think is unfair cause as you said he does a lot for the whole family.

WindDancer
That was very humorous what you said about Qui-Gon creating Leia and Luke stick out tongue

That is also true, and I missed that pov as well. Obi also deserves credit for re-uniting Leia and Luke in Episode IV. Plus it is Qui-Gon dying request that Anakin should be trained by Obi. What I always have ask myself since I saw Episode I is, what if Qui-Gon would have train Luke? What if Qui-Gon didn't die and he was the one elected to train Anakin instead of Obi. Could the training of Qui-Gon might had an effect of Anakin's destiny?

So yes! Obi also deserves plenty of recognitions as well. yes

Lyn
Thanx. laughing

That is a big "what if?" but I don't believe Obi-Wan did anything wrong, Anakin was destined to go off the rails, remember??

Go Obi; you ROCK!!

Princess_Leia
Couldn't have put it better. In a story all about destiny it does seem Anakin was meant to go evil. Qui Gon's padawan before Obi Wan went evil too, Yoda trained Count Dooku and he went evil so it's not like it's the master's fault all the time. Obi Wan did his best but in the end no one could have saved Anakin til he was meant to be saved, by Luke.

I find it really unfair when people do blame Obi because at the end of the day it was Anakin's choice, no matter what anyone's done to you you still have the choice between good and evil and Anakin chose evil.

Obi was the one who had to clean up everyone else's mess so as you said Go Obi!! you da man!!!

Lyn
It is all about destiny...Obi-Wan was destined to be paired with Anakin, but that doesn't mean he failed as a Master. And you're exactly right, it was Anakin's choice in the end. Not even his own wife could stop his fall from the light but that doesn't mean she failed as a wife. Come to think of it, the prequels are all about Anakin and his tragic life but it also shows the tragedies suffered by those close to him; namely, Obi-Wan & Padme.

Princess_Leia
I agree. I annoys me when people try to place the blame on Obi Wan as if Anakin had no choice in the matter and what's the reason? oh he was mean to him, he gave out to him in front of Padme, he called him 'his young apprentice'. And the problem is.....? Obi Wan never did anything wrong to him, it's not like he abused him, he took care of him and trained him when the council didn't want to but according to some people because he gave out to him a bit that gives Anakin the right to go kill millions of people.

Sorry going off on a bit of a tangent there but it just really bugs me when people try to say it wasn't Anakin's fault or Obi Wan made him evil. As you said, Anakin had the choice and Anakin did all the horrible things. No one forced him, even Palpatine can't shoulder all the blame as Anakin choose to believe him. It's a film all about that really, choice and destiny.

Lyn
Exactly. Choice and destiny. Wonderfully worded, Leia. thumb up happy
Don't be sorry, you're right. ((And have you seen how I ramble??))

Obi-Wan didn't do anything wrong, he merely did his duty as a Master. Even Padme says it, "Master's have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like...it's the only way we grow."
That's what Obi-Wan was doing, teaching him, guiding him, punishing him when necessary. Nothing excuses what Anakin did, what he became but it's certainly not Obi-Wan's fault.

JediHDM
I'm BACK!!! wow it's been a while...

so, i think i would have to say Anakin and padme. While Arwen and Aragorn is a good couple, don't get me wrong, but i think that Anakin and Padme are more of the forbidden romance makes the heart grow fonder love. (if that makes sense) Anakin and Padme are more or less told they cannot love, much less each other (Anakin more than Padme) so the drama and the intensity of their passion becomes more and more of a hindrance before they allow themselves to love. Anywho, thats my two cents...and here's two more (Padme's hot love )

Lyn
Hey...WELCOME BACK BUDDIE!! Long time, no see!! How ya been??

JediHDM
alright...not as good as when i had my daily dose of Natalie pictures...( love ) but i'm doing well nonetheless...how is everyone?

Lyn
laughing

Well I was devastated when I ran out of pictures of Nat & Hayden...
I'm alright, haven't seen Hypernova here for AGES...

JediHDM
awww...did she just disappear like i did? i admit, i just disappeared...but i needed to concentrate on my studies. but i'm back, and ready for more debates/pictures...

Lyn
Yeah...sad She's been gone for months...and you...but I understand, studies are very important. I was only coming on like, once/twice a week because of school. I'm on Term break now so...I'm coming on more often.

Glad to have you back...happy

Hypernova
According to KMC her last visit was 12-29-03 smile

Give me time to read and catch up smile

Lyn
HEY!! WELCOME BACK!! *dances around the room in joy, then, after odd glances from less-excited family members, returns to seat*

Good to see ya again Hypernova!! happy Happy Dance thumb up

JediHDM
HEY!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!

*JediHDM gets up and starts dancing, despite the looks from the other people in the room*

Happy Dance Happy Dance

...this is cause for celebration...
i might have to put up a pic for this...

Lyn
THANK-YOU!! happythumb upHappy Dance
He actually posted a Hayden/Ani pic...WOW!! laughing

JediHDM
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

...yeah, well, it's not going to happen very often, so don't start expecting it or anything... stick out tongue

I'm just happy we're all back together again!! YAY!!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lyn
The old gang again...laughing

Hypernova
Thanks Lyn and JediHDM big grin

Going back to the Aragorn/Arwen thing... what did you think abou the scene when Arwen saw Aragorn with their unborn child? And then in the end during the coronation/celebration.

I can't wait to see how GL will "finish" the relationship between Anakin/Padme. 2005 cannot come fast enough!

Lyn
I loved the Aragorn/Arwen scenes in ROTK. And her facial expression when she realised there was a child. Plus the casting was really good, matching the boy with Viggo. And I simply ADORED the end!! I LOVED THAT!!

Hurry 2005, HURRY!!

laughing Maybe...!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>