KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Aragorn/Arwen vs. Anakin/Padme

Aragorn/Arwen vs. Anakin/Padme
Started by: Princess_Leia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Princess_Leia

Aragorn/Arwen vs. Anakin/Padme

Ok well this is probably mostly for fans of both lotr's and star wars cause they can judge fairly cause I don't want replies with 'A/P are better cause star wars in better' cause that's just stupid.So plez reply with a gud reason if u do reply.

Who's ur favourite couple or which do u think was done better?

For me it was A/A. I just felt that it was done so well. It was only 5/10 minutes of each 3 hour film but it explained everything that needed to be said perfectly, showed the feelings and conflicts and stuff and was just done really tastefully. It was very romantic without being overly sentimental and mushy and Liv and Viggo had great chemistry together whereas I felt HC/NP has none whatsoever.And I personally didn't understand why Padme wud marry Anakin at all. I just didn't understand what wud make her fall in love and I didn't believe they were in love for a second, Anakin was obsessed and Padme just seemed like she wasn't interested in the slightest. And I felt it was shoved in ur face so much like it was trying really hard to make u believe it made sense. A/A was just a few scences each film but they were done so well. Sorry if I've mentioned this before but I was just wondering what ppl thought on it so plez post!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Princess_Leia a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Aragorn and Arwen I think is the more romantic, but I've got to pick Anakin and Padme cos I'm a die hard SW fan!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 11:19 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

Aragorn and Arwen give out that tortued "love can't possibly work, but we'll hold each other in our hearts" vibe. Anankin and Padme just don't have the maturity for that kind of love. love

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 02:28 AM
Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Aragorn/Arwen because Aragorn truly shows that he loves her as were Anakin it has no basis, a lil kid that after 10 years is still in love with a grown girl please, he wants her and because he aint supposed to be with her he wants her more!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 03:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

love is love. they are both good couples.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

Well that doesn't really answer my question. Some love stories are done extremely well, like A/A whereas sum are done really badly and I was just wondering what ppl thought comparing the two, the crappy romance of Star Wars to what I think was a really well done love story and if ppl agreed or disagreed or just what they thought. I mean the Han and Leia thing was great so obviously Star Wars can do it, but I'm sorry the A/P thing was just plain bad in my opinion and a lot of others I think. I know they had crappy lines but still, they cud of made sumthing work. Hayden seemed 2 b better in the scenes where Natalie wasn't there cause they just seemed really awkward around each other, not in a sweet way either, they just didn't fit. With them, ppl in the cinema were laughing cause it was just so corny and cheesey. At the end i was thinking 'why wud she marry him?' I just didn't get it. But with the lotr's story u cud just tell, by the way they looked at each other that they were so in love. I just thought it was done really beautifully and acted great. And as I've said in my first post, it was just 5-10 minutes in 2 3 hour films but it was put across perfectly, very sweet and romantic where as with the A/P one I kinda felt it was shoved in ur face to try to convince u it made snese and was true. The corny chat-up lines were awful but that was the writing but I just thought Natalie seemed to have no interest whatsoever in Anakin, she just didn't seem to have anything with him, u cud tell he was obsessed with her but i guess for me it just didn't work at all. Maybe they weren't really 'in love', in the true love sense. Maybe they did care for each other but circumstanses kind of led them 2 it. I dunno but for me I just thought it was poorly done. I just wanted to know having seen both love stories, how did ppl compare them. And plez again I no this is a Star Wars board but try and cum up with gud reasons not just 'A/P cause SW's is better', i love star wars and lotr but i really hate the SW's romance so try and kinda be objective and not just say i like A/P cause it's star wars ya no?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Princess_Leia a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

Well that doesn't really answer my question. Some love stories are done extremely well, like A/A whereas sum are done really badly and I was just wondering what ppl thought comparing the two, the crappy romance of Star Wars to what I think was a really well done love story and if ppl agreed or disagreed or just what they thought. I mean the Han and Leia thing was great so obviously Star Wars can do it, but I'm sorry the A/P thing was just plain bad in my opinion and a lot of others I think. I know they had crappy lines but still, they cud of made sumthing work. Hayden seemed 2 b better in the scenes where Natalie wasn't there cause they just seemed really awkward around each other, not in a sweet way either, they just didn't fit. With them, ppl in the cinema were laughing cause it was just so corny and cheesey. At the end i was thinking 'why wud she marry him?' I just didn't get it. But with the lotr's story u cud just tell, by the way they looked at each other that they were so in love. I just thought it was done really beautifully and acted great. And as I've said in my first post, it was just 5-10 minutes in 2 3 hour films but it was put across perfectly, very sweet and romantic where as with the A/P one I kinda felt it was shoved in ur face to try to convince u it made sense and was true. The corny chat-up lines were awful but that was the writing but I just thought Natalie seemed to have no interest whatsoever in Anakin, she just didn't seem to have anything with him, u cud tell he was obsessed with her but i guess for me it just didn't work at all. Maybe they weren't really 'in love', in the true love sense. Maybe they did care for each other but circumstanses kind of led them 2 it. I dunno but for me I just thought it was poorly done. I just wanted to know having seen both love stories, how did ppl compare them. And plez again I no this is a Star Wars board but try and cum up with gud reasons not just 'A/P cause SW's is better', i love star wars and lotr but i really hate the SW's romance so try and kinda be objective and not just say i like A/P cause it's star wars ya no?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 08:35 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

you have to remember, leia. im a man. this is a question that i would trust a womans answer on.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

oh, sorry. I just looked at my post and dear lord it's freakin huge! well that's what u get for being so damn opinionated. Yeh well it is probably more a girl thing and just outta interest, who wud u choose, Padme or Arwen and why?and do u give a crap about their characters?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 08:43 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

padme. besides the fact that she is beautiful, she is intelligent and strong willed.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 05:23 AM
Princess_Leia

I kinda guessed u'd say that. Out of interest I had another thread about all the leading girls in star wars and lotr (Arwen, Eowyn, Padme,Leia) and what ppl thought about each of them so what do u think of Arwen and the others?Do u actually Natalie herself or just as Padme?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 07:52 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

leia. she kicks arse. she is just as beautiful as padme, especially in that gold bikini.(sorry, i was naughty for a second there.) plus, i think she is a better fighter.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 06:17 AM
finti

this has nothing to do with Star wars so ...........moving

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 01:58 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

finti is right. we kind of got off the subject here.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 05:41 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Leia, soz i only just read this page but in answer to ur question...i like both SW and LOTR... i am a little biased because i like SW better but i think its good that both of the female characters are strong...both Arwen and Padme. I think the romance in LOTR is crafted well because [i hate to say it 'coz i loved EP2 the most!!] the dialogue is believeable...i love the scenes in EP2 when Ani&Padme are together and i think they both share chemistry its just that they have pretty corny lines to read. I think the "light" loveydovey stuff in SW contrasts the rest of the film...as it does in LOTR. I could totally believe that both couples were in love even if GL made it into half of the film, i think its better they showed more.
Anyway i rambled a bit there soz...but i think both couples work cept SW has sum bad lines but still sum great chemistry!!

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

Yeh, I think the A/A was way better due to the fact it was subtle compared to A/P. The few scenes were great between them and so powerful and even though it's just a few minutes from each film, everything is explained perfectly. The chemistry between Viggo and Liv was amazing, u really believe they were in love and it's so romantic without making u reach for the sick bucket laughing. I thought it was done so beautifully. I've said before that I thought the other romance was trying too hard, trying to make u believe it made scence so they shoved it in your face you know. Even though I hate Anakin, I felt bad for Hayden cause I sorta felt that as least he tried, Natalie just seemd disinterested and bored. She's not into Star Wars at all. The idea for the love story's fine, that u can believe but the way it was done was awful and the actors hadn't got the spark. All I'll say for that movie is that, Thank God for Ewan McGregor!!!!!!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 06:28 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Aragorn and Arwen. I think it is a better couple because they are miles apart, she's giving up her immortality, and they are still madly in love with one another.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 07:49 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

I think so too. I thought it was the most romantic thing ever! I'd love to have a big love story like that but it seems to be more an olden day thing which sucks.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:42 PM
REXXXX
Networking

What's wrong with it being medieval-like? I think it's great. You don't really see undying creatures in Star Wars, do you? Just really old ones.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 07:23 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

No I didn't meant it being medeival was bad, just that its sad that it isn't like that nowadays. I'd love to live back then, (well except for the lack of women's lib and no t.v and cinema and no internet! the humanity!) but yeh i didn't mean it as a bad thing you know.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 07:45 PM