KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is Law?

What is Law?
Started by: Asami

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

Question What is Law?

To me law is a set of rules set by the state that we have to follow in order not to get punished.

But then I think that the whole point of having law is to protect humanity, preventing us from getting harmed.

However theres laws where we have to pay taxes/tuition fees/silly stuff.

How can we define law? Are all laws valid?

My own definition is too simplifed [a set of rules] and I don't like having to pay for tuition fees - a labour government who is meant to support the poor [students] yet makes the poor, poorer!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 02:39 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hehe, in my class, the prof answered it with:
"Law is what we could describe as the rules of the game"
so, your definition is close to his wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Taxes' main purpose is so that that government can continue to enforce these laws, since funds are needed to maintain roads, police forces, armed forces, et cetera.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:34 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Did you know, that accross the world we have 32 million laws to enforce 10 comandments ideas! thumb up

Law is a set of rules on which one society has agreed upon. Not all countries and societies have the same laws, so i suppose, its something that paticular group of people have agreed on.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:41 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

laws are crap but extremely necesarry,otherwise it would b complete chaos.I tend to keep it by the rules..in some cases evil face

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:45 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Anarchy!

some poeple believe it in...yes

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 07:50 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

not me big grin

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 08:13 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Law is a set of rules on which one society has agreed upon??
hah...no freakin way...i havent' agreed on anything...a constitution is created, and it's either voted or not. If not...you stick to the old one.
But i have never agreed on aone or the other....maybe i like neither.
Yes, laws are supposed to stop anarchy...and also to make it easy for the leading party to keep the strings, sort to say....
Laws are tricky....and it's a priviledge to really know them, know how to get around, and how to bend and twist them to your own good.
Why do you think lawyers are so dangerous? wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 08:22 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

To me law is a way of life.
It defines how you act and what you do. But I don't really think that without law there would be chaos. I think people are born knowing what is right or wrong, so if there wasn't a law against murder, I don't think that everyone would commit it. More people may speed and all, but that's understandable cool
And I plan on going to law school evil face

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:14 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

the law is a bunch of technicality. there are too many flaws. too many loopholes. but it is indeed necessary. the penalties though, are bit stoopid. the murderer would be out first before the pothead. listed sexual offenders are allowed back into neighborhoods without supervision. there is something f*cked up about that in my opinion.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 12:05 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote