KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Fencing

Fencing
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Fencing

Not the sword fighting type I'm afraid but just a boring thread about my back garden fencing which I'm building.

Had a quote from a guy for £300 to fence just the back part of my garden with panels. I decided to have a crack myself as the materials totalled up to £100 with proper fencing stuff (arris rails and feather edge).

If I do a good job of it, Ill have a go at doing the side of my garden too. But judging by my swollen left hand (hammer slipped when I was chiseling) I may not be doing this anytime soon. sad

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 10:53 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Oh, come on, how hard could it be ? smile

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 10:55 AM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

What's arris rails?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 04:18 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

tehnical details...wink

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 06:10 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Yea I was thinking the sport...but hey the other type of fencing is good too....good fences make good neighbors:-)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 06:16 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Catch 22
Disinterested

Question

Hey Mech, when you're done with yours hopw about heading south and doing mine.... yes

Catch 22!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 07:17 PM
Catch 22 is currently offline Click here to Send Catch 22 a Private Message Find more posts by Catch 22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I don't think he likes the idea

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 08:07 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Don't you have to hang your arm up in a weird way in the sport of fencing?

*imagines Mech in weird stance trying to pound in a fence post with a sword*

Hmm...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 08:30 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Well good luck, and post a pic of said fence so we can revel at your handy work.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 08:40 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yeah , happy fence..ing.

wow..stylish sig tex

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 09:22 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Thank you Mah.
It's a cartoon rendition of Björk's 'All Is Full Of Love' video.

See:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 10:06 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

HUH? Not the sport? Damn!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2003 11:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I painted a fence once, does that count?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2003 03:44 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Depends on the color, Corran. Did you paint it white or maroon?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2003 11:46 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

Tex photo.......
*shudders*

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 09:02 AM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

White

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 12:10 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I'd be happy to do your fencing Catch 22, just as long as I'm kept with a supply of free beer during the work....oh and you could sort out all my computer problems at the same time. big grin

My knuckle has gone a lighter shade of blue now, still it looks better than it did. sad

Dim my dear, the arris rails I'm using are 3" square posts cut diagonally down the length to make a triangular cross member. When screwed to the uprights they allow water to drain off rather than using square cross members which would collect water/leaves etc.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 12:40 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

...nice

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 02:31 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

I cannot comment,that guy knows fencing....

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 04:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Light shade of blue? Damn, you must have hit it pretty damn hard with that hammer... eek!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2003 10:24 PM