KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Karen and Kyle

Karen and Kyle
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Karen and Kyle

A thread to post videos of Karens being Karens, and Kyles being Kyles.

"Karen" is a mocking slang term for an entitled, obnoxious, middle-aged white woman. Especially as featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being a nagging, often divorced mother from Generation X.

"Kyle" is Karen's ex-husband. Kyle hates women but also shares the same white-self-entitlement as Karen

I'll open it up by posting the most recent high-profile Karen sighting, which occured in Manhattan of all places, just to prove that not even the most liberal of cities is Karen-free.

Summary: Karen was offended that a black man politely asked her to leash her dog in a central park wildlife habitat, and responded by threatening to call the police and lie to them that an african american man was threatening her (on camera), while dragging and strangling her poor dog all over the place.

Consequesnces: Karen was placed on administrative leave from her job; and the animal rescue, horrified by the animal abuse, had the dog's adoption revoked.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 10:33 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

I wonder if this is an altogether healthy thing to indulge in.

Old Post May 26th, 2020 10:35 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I don't know about "healthy" but when things like this occur, especially in the extreme cases of white people weaponizing the police on minorities with false charges, I think awareness is important.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:00 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I don't know about "healthy" but when things like this occur, especially in the extreme cases of white people weaponizing the police on minorities with false charges, I think awareness is important.

Well yes, and it seems via the twitter response the dog has been reclaimed by the adoption agency from whence it came and she has been suspended/sacked.

I'm not sure KMC is part of that current and, ergo, the value of creating a space to share videos of 'karens & kyles' on a low traffic site is questionable, at least to me.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:04 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

that reasoning could be applied to our gdf debates and...well...everything on this site. every subforum now is basically just 5-15 people sharing info and e-fighting

you're right though: it's ultimately pointless, like kmc has been for years

Old Post May 27th, 2020 12:08 AM
dadudemon

I saw that story the day before yesterday. Seemed odd. Reminded me of that Karen who called the police on black people at a park about 2 years prior.

To Grand-Moff-Gav's point, this thread might be toxic/racist. So a good test is to change the races and put in sterotypical names to see if it is racist.

Turns out, this thread is probably quite racist.

It would be weird to create a thread for every time a black person or black people were caught on camera doing bad things.

"Sheneequa and Jerome" seems like a very racist thread to repost CC videos of black people committing crimes.

So if a thread like that doesn't pass the racism test, this thread doesn't either.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 02:50 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by dadudemon
I saw that story the day before yesterday. Seemed odd. Reminded me of that Karen who called the police on black people at a park about 2 years prior.

To Grand-Moff-Gav's point, this thread might be toxic/racist. So a good test is to change the races and put in sterotypical names to see if it is racist.

Turns out, this thread is probably quite racist.

It would be weird to create a thread for every time a black person or black people were caught on camera doing bad things.

"Sheneequa and Jerome" seems like a very racist thread to repost CC videos of black people committing crimes.

So if a thread like that doesn't pass the racism test, this thread doesn't either.

K

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: Karen and Kyle

A thread to post videos of Karens being Karens, and Kyles being Kyles.

"Karen" is a mocking slang term for an entitled, obnoxious, middle-aged white woman. Especially as featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being a nagging, often divorced mother from Generation X.

"Kyle" is Karen's ex-husband. Kyle hates women but also shares the same white-self-entitlement as Karen

I'll open it up by posting the most recent high-profile Karen sighting, which occured in Manhattan of all places, just to prove that not even the most liberal of cities is Karen-free.

Summary: Karen was offended that a black man politely asked her to leash her dog in a central park wildlife habitat, and responded by threatening to call the police and lie to them that an african american man was threatening her (on camera), while dragging and strangling her poor dog all over the place.

Consequesnces: Karen was placed on administrative leave from her job; and the animal rescue, horrified by the animal abuse, had the dog's adoption revoked.

Holy crap, she's an unhinged racist and an animal abuser. Thank God that Black man had a camera ready.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Re: Re: Karen and Kyle

Originally posted by Robtard
Holy crap, she's an unhinged racist and an animal abuser. Thank God that Black man had a camera ready.

One might even go so far as to say she was using white privilege there trying to get the guy to back down.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 05:41 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I got a Karen moment: Mika from Morning Joe calling twitter to whine about Trump and ask him to be banned.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 08:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Attachment: 20200529_000733.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post May 28th, 2020 11:12 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

he really does have a lot in common with democrats

Old Post May 28th, 2020 11:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So it looks like Amy Cooper is a leftist.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...p-a9533581.html

No wonder they are so obsessed with racism, a lot of the time it seems to be projection.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 02:40 PM
Artol

Originally posted by Surtur

No wonder they are so obsessed with racism, a lot of the time it seems to be projection.

Not a leftist, but a liberal or moderate. The article goes on to liken her to the "white moderate" that MLK famously criticized.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 02:45 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough, but either way she's not some MAGA voter like it was assumed.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 02:50 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

where was it suggested that Karen was necessarily of a certain political persuasion...other than your silly post right here?

I already figured she wasn't a trumper, for example, simply because she's wearing a breathing mask

Old Post May 30th, 2020 02:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

where was it suggested that Karen was necessarily of a certain political persuasion...other than your silly post right here?

I already figured she wasn't a trumper, for example, simply because she's wearing a breathing mask

Not on this forum, but I've seen others saying she was a Trumper, etc.

This is just a racist liberal.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 02:54 PM
Artol

Oh right, I didn't notice people claiming that really, it was more about the "Karen" behavior, and the racism and entitlement of some white people. It's true though that of course there's a lot of partisans, so Democratic partisans will quickly want to define everyone that does something as bad as a Republican, and Republican partisans will do the same or rejoice when it turns out that someone associated with Democrats did something bad. It's sad, because obviously the problem is the behavior, not what party they voted for in any election.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 02:58 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Not on this forum, but I've seen others saying she was a Trumper, etc.

This is just a racist liberal.

wow, so I guess everyone on the left has to own this opinion from some other forum?

are you trying to gaslight and say that "it's the liberals who are racist", of are you defeating the unargued strawman that "no liberals are racist ever"

Last edited by Bashar Teg on May 30th, 2020 at 03:00 PM

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow, so I guess everyone on the left has to own this opinion from some other forum?

Not what I said, but you tried.