KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why do Trumpers like fringe beliefs?

Why do Trumpers like fringe beliefs?
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do Trumpers like fringe beliefs?

Trump himself embraces many fringe beliefs and is a climate change denier. On this forum most Trumpers have tinfoil hats, be it a belief in the Supernatural, disbelief in Evolution or a belief in UFO's. What is it that makes Trump and Trumpers believe this whack shit. I'm not anti religion, despite not having any myself so I won't get into that side of the whack shit Trumpers propagate here.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 10:43 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

That is such a stupid thing to say.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 11:31 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I would assume that a part of it is that Hillary Clinton was so clearly establishment, that a lot of people on the fringe (both the reasonable and unreasonable fringe), were attracted to Trump. He's also very accommodating to odd views.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 11:42 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Artol
I would assume that a part of it is that Hillary Clinton was so clearly establishment, that a lot of people on the fringe (both the reasonable and unreasonable fringe), were attracted to Trump. He's also very accommodating to odd views.
I don't disagree, he himself embraces the stupid.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:27 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Fringe beliefs, You mean like Russiagate?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:36 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Fringe beliefs, You mean like Russiagate?
no, plenty of evidence exists Russia helped Trump.

I mean you guys usual nutso shit.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:38 PM
Silent Master

laughing

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:39 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't this mean McCarthy was right?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is believing in this new age bullshit with the crystals with healing powers and stuff any less silly than believing in God?

Are all the wiccans and stuff out there Trumpers? Buddhists? Muslims? Jews?

Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

Ha, I thought that the previous administrations attempt at undermining a USA presidential election by proven liars that headed up US intelligrance agencies supported by media groups looking for a dirty dollar was a valuation of very nutso/fringe belief system.

But I've got to say why evangelicals would support Trump with his womanizing ways and clearly unethical/ripoff trump university boggles me to this day.

snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell the people on Ancient Aliens do not come across like trumpers.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
Ha, I thought that the previous administrations attempt at undermining a USA presidential election by proven liars that headed up US intelligrance agencies supported by media groups looking for a dirty dollar was a valuation of very nutso/fringe belief system.

But I've got to say why evangelicals would support Trump with his womanizing ways and clearly unethical/ripoff trump university boggles me to this day.

Also the narrative here wasn't merely that Russia tried to help Trump. The narrative here was: 1- That the help worked and gave him the win and 2- That Trump didn't merely benefit from what they did, but in fact actively colluded and worked with Putin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:45 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Artol

Thank you for admitting to Hilary being part of the establishment.

For some reason, people still believe Democrats are anti-establishment boat rockers. Hilary certainly doesn't want to tip the apple cart, as good as her and her husband have done.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 12:46 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

From the New York Times,

In Trump’s Twitter Feed: Conspiracy-Mongers, Racists and Spies
By MIKE McINTIRE, KAREN YOURISH and LARRY BUCHANAN
Nov. 2, 2019
In September, an obscure Twitter account promoting a fringe belief about an anti-Trump cabal within the government tweeted out a hashtag: #FakeWhistleblower.

It was typical for the anonymous account, which traffics in far-right content and a conspiracy theory known as QAnon, some of whose adherents think that satanic pedophiles control the “deep state.” The Federal Bureau of Investigation recently labeled QAnon a potential domestic terror threat.

Still, that did not stop others, including a Republican congressional candidate, from quickly picking up the hashtag and tweeting it. Within a week, hundreds of QAnon believers and “MAGA” activists had joined in, posting memes and bogus reports to undermine the complaint by a government whistle-blower that President Trump had pressed Ukraine’s leader for dirt on former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son.

Then Mr. Trump tweeted the hashtag himself.

tweets

per hour

Number of tweets that used #FakeWhistleblower by hour

At its peak, just after the president tweeted, the hashtag was used more than 1,200 times per hour.

@realDonaldTrump tweets using the hashtag.

Sept. 20

Sept. 30

Oct. 10

Source: Dataminr
Such is the frenetic life cycle of conspiracy-driven propaganda, fakery and hate in the age of the first Twitter presidency. Mr. Trump,

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 01:02 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Through his tweets, President Trump keeps the Democrats and media in a perpetually heightened emotional state, in this case offense and anger,” he wrote, adding that he respected QAnon’s leaders as “patriots and Trump supporters.”

More than 50 accounts that have QAnon references in their profiles — and dozens more that do not but also promote the conspiracy — appeared among those followed by Donald Trump Jr.; Ms. Bartiromo; Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee; Katrina Pierson, a Trump campaign adviser; Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio; and a handful of others who are all, in turn, followed by the president.

There is no indication that these people, who collectively follow thousands of accounts, are aware of the QAnon presence that lurks there, much less support it.

But the potential for QAnon accounts to appear in the presidential feed underscores the viral nature of disinformation on Twitter, where a tweet can hatch on the fringes, hopscotch through layers of accounts and, aided by hashtags and bots, gain wide currency.

On Thursday evening, a QAnon promoter tweeted an unsubstantiated yarn that years ago he overheard a key witness in the impeachment inquiry bad-mouthing America and talking up “Obama & globalism.” QAnon accounts passed it around, and by the next morning it had been retweeted by Mr. Posobiec, who in turn was retweeted by Donald Trump Jr. — in less than 24 hours, the story had wormed its way into the president’s Twitter circle.

And it has happened before. During a busy Sunday morning of tweeting in August, Ms. Bartiromo retweeted an anonymous account called @QBlueSkyQ that had posted a series of conspiratorial messages about the Russia investigation, along with a video snippet of her Fox interview with George Papadopoulos, a former Trump campaign aide arrested in the scandal.

Even a glance at @QBlueSkyQ’s profile would have revealed that it was a die-hard QAnon account. It has tweeted doctored images and fake memes promoting a falsehood that top Democrats sexually torture children to harvest adrenochrome — a chemical derived from adrenaline — for a life-extending elixir. The @QBlueSkyQ retweet was one of at least a half-dozen times Ms. Bartiromo helped circulate such accounts, though none of the posts dealt with the QAnon conspiracy directly. Ms. Bartiromo declined to comment.

Hoaxes promoted

by QAnon

Hoaxes promoted

by QAnon

QAnon accounts have also been retweeted by Mr. Bolling, a former Fox News commentator. Mr. Bolling said that he had no idea any account he retweeted was connected to QAnon, and that it was unfair to expect him to “vet every account that I retweet.”

“I wouldn’t have done it had I known,” he said. “I have nothing to do with QAnon.”

Mr. Bolling retweeted an anonymous QAnon account called @K12Lioness several times, most of it partisan political material and all unrelated to the Q conspiracy. But in between the run-of-the-mill tweets that caught his attention, the account was also pumping out vile memes and messages from the deepest fringes of the QAnon universe, like this post in June:

“The Democrats have lost their minds (adrenochrome) eating baby parts. MY GOD Americans WAKE UP!!”

Deploying the Trolls
Mr. Trump was two weeks from his inauguration in January 2017 when he tweeted, “So how and why are they so sure about hacking if they never even requested an examination of the computer servers?”

It would be the start of a relentless campaign, continuing to the present, to dispute that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election. Eventually, the narrative would merge with another — that Mr. Biden intervened in Ukraine to protect his son’s business interests — in the now-infamous phone call in which Mr. Trump pressed Ukraine’s president to search for the D.N.C.’s email server, implying without evidence that it was somewhere in his country.

That effort began within days of Mr. Biden’s official campaign announcement in April, when a Trump supporter tweeted a meme of Mr. Biden with the words, “China & Ukraine, Quid Pro Joe.” The post prompted another Trump fan to put a hashtag to use: #QuidProJoe. The #QuidProJoe and #FakeWhistleblower hashtags had both been created years earlier for issues unrelated to Mr. Biden and Ukraine, but were dusted off and put into service by Trump supporters.

The #QuidProJoe hashtag remained relatively dormant until a few weeks later, when it was retweeted seven times by a pro-Trump, bot-like account that cranks out more than 100 tweets a day, including QAnon and fervent anti-Democratic material. The hashtag steadily gained currency, and by September, when news erupted of the whistle-blower complaint filed a month earlier, it was part of a growing arsenal of social media tools seized on by Mr. Trump’s supporters, including Donald Jr.

A slew of hashtags — nearly all of them created by anonymous, unverified accounts, some connected to QAnon — have been deployed on Twitter in recent months attacking the impeachment inquiry, and in particular Representative Adam Schiff, the California Democrat who leads the House Intelligence Committee. Many have crude names, like #LyingSackOfSchiff, #SchiffForBrains and #FullOfSchiff.

So far, none of those hashtags has gotten a presidential tweet. But every day, Mr. Trump offers his Twitter fans reason for hope.

On Oct. 19, between tweeting “Shifty Schiff is Corrupt” and retweeting an anonymous account that regularly traffics in alt-right and Russian propaganda, the president tweeted out a fresh hashtag being pushed by his supporters: #StopTheCoup.

Twitter went wild.

The New York Times reviewed every tweet and retweet sent by President Trump from Jan. 20, 2017, through Oct. 15, 2019. Retweets include those with and without comment. The Times reviewed each account retweeted by Mr. Trump and determined whether the account was verified or not. The Times then evaluated the unverified accounts to determine whether they had been suspended by Twitter or had tweeted conspiracy theories.

Sources: Trump Twitter Archive, Internet Archive, YouGov, RussiaTweets.com, Politwoops

Rich Harris and Blacki Migliozzi contributed reporting. Produced by Gray Beltran and Rumsey Taylor.
The Twitter Presidency
Extremists and Spies Reshaping the White House Plucked From Obscurity
The Twitter Presidency

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 01:03 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

What evidence

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 01:38 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
What evidence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_ele
ctions for the 10,000 time. Will just post wiki on this now as it has all the links.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 01:41 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I bet Whirly believes all Wiccans are Trumpers.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 06:48 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't disagree, he himself embraces the stupid.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 06:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon

But I've got to say why evangelicals would support Trump with his womanizing ways and clearly unethical/ripoff trump university boggles me t0o this day.

This is actually quite easily answered. Trump is pro-life (though he wasn't always) and he stands up for conservatives and Christians, unlike the Democrats who"re always mocking us for our beliefs (even though they believe in much crazier shit like there being 5 dozen genders lol) and he doesn't have such extreme disdain for Middle America, gun owners, the family, and the hard, working class as the democrats do.

He also thinks people should only be judged on an individual basis as real Christian's actually believe, not on which gender they "identify" as or what the color of their skin is. He doesn't play that identity politics BS like the shitty democrats do.

He may be a womanizer, but at least he supports the right to life for the defenseless, innocent unborn. Until idiots understand that, they'll always be stumped by the question, "Why do Christians/evangelicals support Trump?" Maybe you and others aren't aware, but the right to life is one of the most important principles of being a conservative and the most fundamental of all of our rights. It's not just some trivial, side issue for us.

Despite what idiots like Robbie may think, no one who supports Trump thinks he's some kind of Christ-like figure lol. But yes, many of us prayed for Trump to become president and our prayers were answered. There are instances in the Bible of God using sinful men to carry out his will.

We dodged a huge bullet when Hillary lost. Thank God for President Trump.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 07:35 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote