KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum »

Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...ing-with-hamas/

Here’s How Fox News Spread A False Narrative Black Lives Matter Is Standing With Hamas

To

A Tuesday article from Fox News has kicked off a budding online misinformation campaign buoying the false claim that activist group Black Lives Matter has come out in support of Gaza’s militant Hamas leaders amid the ongoing conflict with Israel

Thank God we don't have posters propagating this hateful drivel anymore.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2021 10:24 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I love the title of your thread (Ah man!!)

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 08:47 PM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

But BLM declared this solidarity after Hamas rocket attacks. Its even in the Arab news media service:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ar...ode/1861341/amp

quote:
BLM says it is committed to advocating for Palestinian Liberation during the conflict with Israel
BLM leader draws similarities between the struggle of African Americans in the US and the struggle of Palestinians in occupied territories
ATLANTA: The Black Lives Matter (BLM) organization in the US said it stands with the Palestinians during their ongoing conflict with Israel.

Over the past two weeks, Israel’s military has pounded Gaza with airstrikes while the Palestinian enclave’s ruling Hamas militants have unleashed cross-border rocket attacks.

BLM tweeted its support Tuesday for the Palestinian people stating that it is committed to advocating for “Palestinian Liberation.” The BLM twitter account has more than 1 million followers.

The social media post read: “Black Lives Matter stands in solidarity with Palestinians. We are a movement committed to ending settler colonialism in all forms and will continue to advocate for Palestinian liberation.”

The tweet from the organization — accredited for mobilizing millions of African Americans and their supporters in the US to stand up against police brutality and violations of their civil rights — carries a lot of weight within the US political system and other progressive circles.

Since fighting began on May 10, Palestinian medical officials said that 223 people have been killed and more than 1,600 injured in aerial bombardments. Roads, buildings and other infrastructure in Gaza have been destroyed as the already dire humanitarian situation has been worsened in the impoverished coastal strip.

Israel has reported 12 deaths, including two children, as a result of Hamas rocket attacks.

Bruce Wilson, a leader of the BLM movement in South Carolina, told Arab News that his organization will always support the Palestinian people in their struggle to be free and to resist the Israeli occupation of their land.

Wilson, who heads the Greenville, SC chapter of BLM, drew similarities between the struggle of African Americans in the US and the Palestinians in the occupied territories.

“When I see a black man being killed by the police in America and a Palestinian being killed by Israeli bombs, I have to have empathy,” he said. “I would fight for a Palestinian child just as hard I would fight for a black man in America.”

Wilson said black people and Palestinians are waging the same struggle to be free and to achieve justice for their causes. He and other members of Greenville BLM participated with local members of the Palestinian and Arab American community in a protest against the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Its not really a leap in logic looking at the context.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 08:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
But BLM declared this solidarity after Hamas rocket attacks. Its even in the Arab news media service:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ar...ode/1861341/amp

Its not really a leap in logic looking at the context.
Drivel

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 08:55 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Drivel

How do you figure?

Even if you can argue unless they claim solidarity with a terrorist group, they don't mean solidarity with terrorists, by any measure it is highly inappropriate to be condemning Israel in the midst of a terrorist attack.

It makes it look like you're arguing they deserve what Hamas is doing to innocent civilians, because of the politics between Palestinian and Israeli leaders.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 08:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Thank god we still have posters like you driving a narrative.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 09:29 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Except of course you can see the stories and tweets from Rightwing news outlets and Rightist pushing a false narrative that Black Lives Matter is in bed, so to speak, with Hamas.

eg "I'm wondering if the woke corporations will stand up against BLM for their allegiance to Hamas terrorists." -Mercedes Schlapp

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 8th, 2021 at 10:03 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 09:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Except of course you can see the stories and tweets from Rightwing news outlets and Rightist pushing a false narrative that Black Lives Matter is in bed, so to speak, with Hamas.

eg "I'm wondering if the woke corporations will stand up against BLM for their allegiance to Hamas terrorists." -Mercedes Schlapp
Bingo, but like the Big Steal it's all about Trumpers fee fees, the snowflakes. Imagine it in lime green for turnabout.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:04 PM
snowdragon

Bingo, but like the Big Steal it's all about Trumpers fee fees, the snowflakes. Imagine it in lime green for turnabout.

Why in the **** are you still smocking trump cock, it's done.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:07 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Why exactly is BLM supporting Palestine such an issue, morally-speaking? Unless you're an Israel **********? < (cocks*cker)

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:07 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by snowdragon
Why in the **** are you still smocking trump cock, it's done.
wait how tf did we both post about smoking cocks in the same minute lol

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:08 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Scribble
Why exactly is BLM supporting Palestine such an issue, morally-speaking? Unless you're an Israel **********? < (cocks*cker)

I believe they are just trying to attach hamas with palastine to cause a ruckus. IMO

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:08 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hamas have done some bad things too. Whilst in some ways understandably it's not really condonable.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:09 PM
Scribble

Hamas have done some bad things too. Whilst in some ways understandably it's not really condonable.
You can't condone a dog punched into a corner biting the person punching it into said corner but here we are. Palestine has little choice by now, and I say that as someone deeply critical of Islam (and Christianity and Judaism and all religion etc.)

"Both sides" is silly and ahistoric w/ Israel/Palestine. Check the death stats; Palestine has taken vaster casualties by now. Israel is straight murdering them and taking their land.
I believe they are just trying to attach hamas with palastine to cause a ruckus. IMO
BLM as a political organisation is not exactly great (no money goes to black lives so wtf lol) but idg why aligning with an oppressed people is exactly out of their ethical range.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:18 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can't condone a dog punched into a corner biting the person punching it into said corner but here we are. Palestine has little choice by now, and I say that as someone deeply critical of Islam (and Christianity and Judaism and all religion etc.)

"Both sides" is silly and ahistoric w/ Israel/Palestine. Check the death stats; Palestine has taken vaster casualties by now. Israel is straight murdering them and taking their land.
BLM as a political organisation is not exactly great (no money goes to black lives so wtf lol) but idg why aligning with an oppressed people is exactly out of their ethical range.
I don't disagree on most of that, however as with the IRA Hamas have killed innocents.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:20 PM
Scribble

I don't disagree on most of that, however as with the IRA Hamas have killed innocents.
Yeah, and? England and Israel both slaughtered way more throughout their history than their opposing sides. I don't lend my hand to Hamas nor Hezbollah nor the IRA, but I still think Palestine and Ireland have a right to be free, and right now Palestine is in the position that Ireland was in circa 1920. Their people deserve our unconditional support and the right to create their own government, and govern their own land without settlers and the IDF ****ing them to death.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 10:30 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, and? England and Israel both slaughtered way more throughout their history than their opposing sides. I don't lend my hand to Hamas nor Hezbollah nor the IRA, but I still think Palestine and Ireland have a right to be free, and right now Palestine is in the position that Ireland was in circa 1920. Their people deserve our unconditional support and the right to create their own government, and govern their own land without settlers and the IDF ****ing them to death.
I think that's a gross over simplification tbh. But yes, Palestine and Southern Ireland definately deserved to be free. The North is a complex issue as was the mainland bombing campaign, army shoot to kill order etc. etc and not something I'm getting in to tonight.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 11:00 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

As do I.

My point of view ignores their methods, even if it happens to align with their message.

But all I'm saying is if the day after 9/11, we had a ganging up on the USA with claims of support for all the peoples necks our boots are on, I think there would be an outrage from both political parties, and rightly so.

There is nothing wrong in supporting Palestinians. There is something wrong with voicing that support in the wake of a terrorist attack on civilians.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2021 11:05 PM
Badabing
Karen

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemima...ing-with-hamas/

Here’s How Fox News Spread A False Narrative Black Lives Matter Is Standing With Hamas

To

A Tuesday article from Fox News has kicked off a budding online misinformation campaign buoying the false claim that activist group Black Lives Matter has come out in support of Gaza’s militant Hamas leaders amid the ongoing conflict with Israel

Thank God we don't have posters propagating this hateful drivel anymore.
I try and engage in polite discourse tbh.
Originally posted by -Pr-
(please log in to view the image)

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 03:26 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote