KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Underworld

What did you think?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
so cool! 11 50.00%
so pants! 3 13.64%
so ok! 3 13.64%
so haven't seen it yet! 5 22.73%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Underworld
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Question Underworld

I'm wondering, what do you people think of Underworld? I loved, but I know many people didn't.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:40 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

Didnt really like it. It just seemed..plain

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 08:54 AM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

lame, very lame.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 09:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I enjoyed the movie, it wasnt great but it was interesting hopefully the sequel will be much better and DAMN Kate Beckinslae loog good, she could it me anytime!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 04:19 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeopardStar
Dark Dreamer

there's gonna be a sequal???? OOOOOOOOOOOO when? any info would be greatly appreciated

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 08:08 PM
LeopardStar is currently offline Click here to Send LeopardStar a Private Message Find more posts by LeopardStar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sacrifice

I thought it was okay. I liked the dark atmosphere of the film and was pleasantly surprised by actual story development.

I was disappointed with the action sequences which consisted mostly of close-ups and quick scene cuts. You could tell they were on a limited budget. I found the dialogue to be rather poor, especially among the elders. The Elders should have been cold and cunning rather than loud and obnoxious.

A few changes and it could have been a great film.

Last edited by Sacrifice on Sep 21st, 2003 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 08:52 PM
Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sugarxen

i liked it. it wasn't a very wordy script and it seemed to focus more on the atmoshpere, but it still explained things very well in narration i thoughts. i heard some where that the reason the majority people didn't like it was because of the romance, that is cluttered up the plot...did anyone else think that? i didn't really think that they played up on the romance between kate's characters and speedman's....eh?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 02:00 PM
sugarxen is currently offline Click here to Send sugarxen a Private Message Find more posts by sugarxen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angel~Baby~

Angry Very upset Vampire Fan...............

I liked the movie, but I was wondering something? One of the main promos for this movie was and I quote " which side will U choose? So that being the case, where was the choice? I myself favor the Vampire, but anyone with an ounce of remorse, will quickly turn in favor of the Lycans toward the end of the movie. And U can plainly see which side the writer favors. As a big vampire fan, I was totally disgusted with how week they were portrayed in this movie. The vampires were totally dependant on their guns and fast cars. Don't get me wrong the movie has a great story line and has the potental to be a great sequal, but come on........those vampires were sissys. A I will be very disappointed if the only way for the vampires to get the powers that they are know for, is if they merge the blood of both species. Which is pretty obvious what is going to happen, if U saw the movie, and the ending fight. What do other people think, am I alone in my anger as a die hard vampire fan?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 07:28 PM
Angel~Baby~ is currently offline Click here to Send Angel~Baby~ a Private Message Find more posts by Angel~Baby~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

well considering i hate vampires for the most part, i wasnt disapointed at all. i was always favoring the werewolves because i think they are the better creation. the vampires in the movie were the same lame homoerotic ones from all the other crappy vampire movies. and vampires arent supposed to be super powerful....if they had gone hand to hand against a werewolf they would get slaughtered, which is how it should be.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:01 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angel~Baby~

Well, I like the werewolf too, but, the only point I am tyring to make is that the author didn't show the superior powers of the vampire race. I have read alot on the werewolf , and they do have great powers, but come on people, they don't have as many as the vampire, and if U did pit then together,I am sure that the ultimate survivor will be the vampire. Its the same old argument. Can we say: Freddy vs Jason. Didn't we all have the same old arguments. It is clear in this movie as it was in that one, who the author prefered, and when it come down to it , we all know who would be the victor. They just want to give props for the underdogs "hehe" that usually don't get recognized.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:15 PM
Angel~Baby~ is currently offline Click here to Send Angel~Baby~ a Private Message Find more posts by Angel~Baby~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

they are much stronger then vampires, thats the only advantage they had in the movie. and freddy vs jason are both inferior to leatherface, ive told this fact to many people. they just dont get it.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx

this movie was crap, extreme crap it was blade with werewolves and seeing how blade is an embarrasment to comic fans this movie is just a bad reminder of how bad movies can get. although the werewolves looked decent but thats when you actually got to see them and when they werent shrouded in complete darkness

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:33 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angel~Baby~

I totally agree about the blade comment, but I did enjoy Blade 1and 2. But it is my whole argument all over again, there making them rely on guns and other wepons instead of their on powers. Call me a vampire freak if U want, but damn I hate that.
miffed

quote:
"Victims.. aren't we all"---The Crow

Attachment: mysticdreams_1743_87792484.jpg
This has been downloaded 109 time(s).

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 09:07 PM
BackFire

because vampires dont have much powers. werewolves have greater physical strength, that is why they needed guns.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 09:44 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Thank you for all your comments.

I thoroughly enjoyed Underworld, no matter what other people say. While the action sequences were not all that spectacular, I rather enjoyed the emphasis on story development instead of action, a quality that too many movies of late have forgotten.

Again, thanx for all you comments. While many were rather formulaic (love it/hate it/could have been better), I enjoyed reading about your perspectives.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 05:07 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

formulaic, much like underworld.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 05:29 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

~eyebrow raise~ That's just rude.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 05:39 AM
BackFire

no its not, its just true.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 06:17 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

According to you. However, many people would disagree. There is a difference between expressing your own opinion and insulting others'.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 06:33 AM
BackFire

yes there is, but i did not cross it, i just said that underworld was a bad movie, i never insulted anyone and i dont know where you figured i did

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 06:46 AM