KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » TombRaider Trailer

TombRaider Trailer
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

TombRaider Trailer

Did anyone download this? I did and I have to say I was VERY disappointed.

There wasn't much new footage than appeared in the teaser, though there was a lot more dialogue.

Have to say that it does look like it will be a great film, though I'm not sure Angelina has really been able to carry off the voice we know and love from the games.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2001 08:59 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I just download it now, here are the links.

The teaser was much better, and more fast-paced. Although I'm still looking forward to the film.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2001 10:02 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jellabon

I liked it. Although the first had better music cool

Whats the name of the woman who plays Lara Croft?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 01:25 AM
jellabon is currently offline Click here to Send jellabon a Private Message Find more posts by jellabon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

Its Angelina Jolie and she was previously in "Gone in Sixty Seconds", "Girl Interrupted" and in "Hackers" if you can remember that film.

She also starring in "Original Sin" with Antonio Banderas, which is to be released later this year. Download the trailer by clicking HERE

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 01:32 AM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I can't wait to see this movie. Angelina Jolie is very attractive, now we have to get this Billy Bob guy out of the way evil face

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 05:29 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, but she doesn't have Lara's "assets" eek!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 09:37 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

Cmon the film will either be reasonable or pap but will still be watched for the primary reason that teenage kids buy the game, cos thats the closest they can get to playing with a girl of that fine upstanding character...

Old Post Apr 17th, 2001 02:01 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Her best part in my mind is Bone collector.
Tomb Raider what a laugh, never played the game of the womanized Indy.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 03:55 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

The first one was entertaining but metihnks they milked it just a little too far. Especially given she died in the fourth one and then came back for a fifth... sory if I spoiled the ending for some...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 08:54 PM
Zereil is currently offline Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

Jolie was really good in Girl, Interrupted. And really really REALLY crap in that sh*t film 'Gone in Sixty Seconds'

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 11:00 PM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I'm looking forward to Tombraider. Girl, Interrupted is on Pay-per-view on Sky, is it worth watching or should I wait a couple of month til they stick it on premier?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2001 08:04 AM
Zed

I would say its up to you, I would probarly get it on DVD/Video.

Heres a synopsis of the film
quote:
Susanna is depressed and directionless after finishing high school in the late 1960's. A suicide attempt lands her in Claymore, a mental institution. She befriends the band of troubled women in her ward (Georgina the pathological liar, the sexually abused Daisy, the burn victim Polly) but falls under the hypnotic sway of Lisa, the wildest and most hardened of the bunch. Will Susanna "drop anchor" at Claymore and perpetually act out like Lisa, or will she finally pull her mind together and leave institutional life behind?

I would give the movie 7.5/10, thats very good in my ratings, not as generous as RC

Old Post Apr 24th, 2001 10:28 AM
Ratcat

Sounds like it might be worth £3.00 of my hard earned.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2001 07:36 PM
Dim
Creativity

It was a good film..but Jolie seems to play the same smarta$$ roles over and over again.

I did think the Tomb Raider trailer looked cool though..but I wondered what you guys though of her accent. It sounds fine to me but I'm not British.

Old Post May 5th, 2001 09:31 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

From what I've heard, it fiots the Lara character, but it's quite plainly the American take on a British accent....

Old Post May 5th, 2001 10:39 PM
Ratcat

Well, I've only played the games a little, but I do like what I have seen of this film so far.

Old Post May 25th, 2001 07:45 PM
stupid

I'm not a fan of the games, and I have to say that this film looks really bad. mad

Old Post May 26th, 2001 04:37 AM
stupid is currently offline Find more posts by stupid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

All the game-to-movie conversions have been crap so far, there's no logic in making an interactive game into a movie.

The whole point of a game is that the user is involved, and 'Tomb Raider' was good because of the puzzle solving, not really the storyline.

The whole game-to-movie is just to bring in the large gaming crowd into the cinemas, for big bucks.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 01:32 PM
Ratcat

But Angelina is a Fox! big grin

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 08:32 PM
silver_tears

eek! Old thread alert!!
But I love tomb raider and Angelina too yes

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 03:28 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote