KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movies filmed in your area

Movies filmed in your area
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Movies filmed in your area

After seeing The Hunted (a while ago), I realized that I"m happy movies aren't often made in my area. Its always neat when you know that a movie was made near you but if the areas are recognizable, it ****s it up for you. For those of you who don't know, The Hunted is filmed in Portland, Oregon. Its weird because Tommy Lee will be chasing Deltoro near the Portland opera house and next thing you know they are down by the Waterfront in Portland and trust me, they are not within walking distance of each other. I just found it annoying. Have any of you experienced something like this?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 02:12 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

friday the 13th was filmed somewhat close to me

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 02:32 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Mystic River was filmed at my dad's work office! eek! The police station or whatever it was, was indeed Liberty Mutual! big grin

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 02:42 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

Umm... The Hulk, Matrix Reloaded, Bedazzled, and Princess Diaries.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 03:00 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLICKNAVY
Ultimate Fighter

Blue Crush was filmed on North Shore, guess its close, Hawaii isn't that big. Big Bounce was filmed somewhere around here and 50 First Dates was filmed at Sea Life Park on the S/E part of the island. Been there a few times. Didn't recognize the restraunt they used in the movie though.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 03:00 AM
FLICKNAVY is currently offline Click here to Send FLICKNAVY a Private Message Find more posts by FLICKNAVY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

They filmed some period flick in Bath

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 03:09 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

signs was also filmed not to far from me

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 03:28 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Bay Watch used my beach

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 03:38 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

lets see here
Drop Dead Fred
Joe Somebody

( anywhere else in Minneapolis , Minnesota )

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 03:56 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

A whole lot of movies were filmed downtown confused
Can't put my finger on them at the moment though sad

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:10 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Chicago
X-Men
The Santa Clause
Good Will Hunting
How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Police Academy
Cocktail
Down to Earth
Police Academy II: Their First Assignment
Don't Say A Word
The Recruit
Finding Forrester
Exit Wounds
Serendipity
Tuxedo
Frequency
Police Academy III: Back In Training
Cruel Intentions
Urban Legend
The Fly
K-19: The Widowmaker
The Skulls
Adventures in Babysitting
Wes Craven's Dracula 200
Tommy Boy
Driven
Bride of Chucky
Superstar
Bless the Child
Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
The Big Hit
Harriet the Spy
Murder at 1600
Billy Madison

Here's a list big grin
These are movies filmed in Toronto as well as other places big grin

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:19 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Oh and most recently, Resident Evil Apocalypse was filmed here cool
Not to mention X-Men 2 and Against the Ropes big grin

Last edited by silver_tears on Mar 1st, 2004 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:22 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Living in Souther California, too many movies to name are filmed here.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:27 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

There's also alot of unknown movies big grin

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:28 AM
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Living in Souther California, too many movies to name are filmed here.

whoa PotC was filmed there eek!
and the Ring cool

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:30 AM
amlap
this guy

well Jersey Girl was filming in the high school bout 20 mins from my house
and the guy who did Signs, SIxth Sense and such rents antqiues from this shop down the street from my work!

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:48 AM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steely balls

I got this off of the internet some of these movies i didn't were filmed here it's weird.
AMERICAN MOVIE
BACK TO SCHOOL: Classic Rodney Dangerfield comedy filmed at UW-Madison.
THE BIG ONE: Excellent documentary by UW alum Michael Moore filmed in Madison and Milwaukee.
THE BLUES BROTHER: Elwood and Jake spent some time filming in Milwaukee and the Firstar Building can be spied as a car careens over the then-incomplete 794 freeway spur. Chicago? Who's kidding who?
CHAIN REACTION: This big budget action thriller starring Morgan Freeman and Keanu Reeves was filmed partly in Madison, Lake Geneva and Williams Bay.
Damien: Omen II and The Final Conflict: Omen III
THE DEEP END OF THE OCEAN: The big screen adaptation of Madison author Jacquelyn Mitchard's bestseller of the same name, which stars Michelle Pfieffer, was partly filmed in Madison.
HOOP DREAMS: Roger Ebert's favorite movie of the '90s filmed partly in Milwaukee.
I LOVE TOUBLE: Julia Roberts and Nick Nolte star in one of the most famous movies to be filmed in Wisconsin.
IRON WILL: Two-time Oscar winner Kevin Spacey stars in this film that filmed in Superior.
Major League
MRS. SOFFEL Max Mel Gibson's first starring roles, opposite Diane Keaton, briefly filmed in Freedom.
NOVACAINE: This movie filmed in Cedarburg over the summer. It stars Steve Martin, Kevin Bacon, Laura Dern and Helena Bonham Carter.
RUDY: The "Rocky" of college football movies, starring "The Goonies" Sean Astin, was partly filmed in Milwaukee.
A SIMPLE PLAIN: Director Sam Raimi ("Evil Dead" and its sequels) It stars Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda.
UNCLE BUCK: The late, great John Candy filmed parts of this film in Lake Geneva.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 04:57 AM
steely balls is currently offline Click here to Send steely balls a Private Message Find more posts by steely balls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Evil Dead 1 + 2. Wadesboro, NC.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 05:52 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Some of the better known:

Batman and Robin
Bonnie and Clyde
Born on the 4th of July
Boys dont Cry
The Faculty
Happy Gilmore
Independence Day
JFK
Office Space
Problem Child
RoboCop

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:53 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Movies with less recognizable places near me were Kindergarden Cop, The Goonies, and Short Circuit (I think part 2 as well) <---all in Astoria

Also a shitty shitty little made for TV Disney movie, "Halloween Town" was made about 1 mile from my home inside our theater, my elementary school and all of the other little businesses on that stretch of a couple blocks.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:38 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote