KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » How many people here have seen JFK?

How many people here have seen JFK?
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Question How many people here have seen JFK?

I have looked through many profiles of people on this board and it totally amazes me that other than Doctor Strangelove,I am the only one that has that movie listed as one of my favorite movies of all time? It just makes me wonder if anybody on this board besides us has seen that movie? Ever since I have been here,I have never seen anybody make a post about that movie which amazes me because the movie is a very important event not just in american history but around the world,It changes the course of history forever.yet I dont see anybody else at this site with that movie listed as one of their favorites.Kinda makes me wonder if me and doctor strangelove are the onely ones here who has seen this movie. sad When that movie came out,I became obsessed with it so much I have read dozens of books about it over the years.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I've seen it and is a great film. One of Kevin Costner best roles. But I'm kinda annoy that people claim that really happen. Is only a theory and there was only one shooter. Oliver Stone just throws in a bunch of what if's into the film.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:50 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I've been meaning to see it, just seems like a looooooot of time to devote to a drama. I mean, even at 3 hours, it can't be but so faced paced.

Anyone willing to provide a synopsis?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:15 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Watched it twice in school and once on my own.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:20 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WindDancer
I've seen it and is a great film. One of Kevin Costner best roles. But I'm kinda annoy that people claim that really happen. Is only a theory and there was only one shooter. Oliver Stone just throws in a bunch of what if's into the film.

Its actually just a theory by the warren commission Wind that there was only one shooter.There was never any evidence or proof whatsoever that Oswald had anything to do with it.We dont know for sure if the events in that movie happened exactly the way they were shown in it.and they never so say that thats EXACTLY how it happened.Like Costner says-So what really happened that day? Lets speculate for a moment shall we? Making it clear that way things happened in the movie is like you said a theory how it happened.But Stones theory on what REALLY happened that day is a hell of a lot closer to the truth on what really happened that day than the warren commission report is which is just a fairly tale.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:28 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Myth
Watched it twice in school and once on my own.

glad to hear you had enough interest in that movie to watch it on your own. smile

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:30 PM
Paola
Ronin

I loved it wink

by Scythe

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 11:04 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I've been meaning to see it, just seems like a looooooot of time to devote to a drama. I mean, even at 3 hours, it can't be but so faced paced.

Anyone willing to provide a synopsis?

there really isnt anything to highlight. It is nothing more than a lawyer trying to prove a conspiracy. Throw in your average threats, murders and cover-ups and you have JFK. that isnt a bad thing though, just kind of redundant.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 01:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sarah_73

I've watched it, n i thought it were quite good for a film which dont have that much action in.. It did manage to keep ur attention for the full 3 hours or however long it were) So that's quite gud, for a film u av 2 think bout 2 understand.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2005 10:40 PM
Sarah_73 is currently offline Click here to Send Sarah_73 a Private Message Find more posts by Sarah_73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I know who he is but I never seened tht movie before!Or do you mean the tv movie?I had seened alittle of that a while back when it was on.
I am not a huge fan of that guy.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 11:15 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

They mean the Oliver Stone theatrical movie that came out almost 15 years ago.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 02:27 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

I feel for you...almost.

I accomplished a major feat this past weekend, and it only took me 3 days to do it.
Gone With The Wind. Yep, that's right. All 233 minutes of it.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 02:28 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Sarah_73
I've watched it, n i thought it were quite good for a film which dont have that much action in.. It did manage to keep ur attention for the full 3 hours or however long it were) So that's quite gud, for a film u av 2 think bout 2 understand.

Yeah thats whats so amazing about that film is the fact that its just a movie where very little action is in it and the majority of the time they are just talking.yet its still a great film.Most movies I see where they just stand around and talk the whole time,I cannot stand those kinds of movies,but this was a special and unique case because everything they talked about was so incredibly interesting it kept you glued to your seat and kept you from getting bored since it was so fasinationg. smile

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 05:38 PM
bakerboy

Very good taste, mr parker. This movie is one of the best movies of the 90s, and one of my favorites films of Oliver Stone with platoon and the doors. I have it on dvd, the director's cut, and it made of it a better movie. it brings of of the main thehories about Kenedy's murder and it was exposed and telled in a brillaint way. The script is wonderful, the direction powerful and the acting amazing. Kevin costner best role, Sisi Spasseck, tommy lee jones, gary oldman, kevin bacon , laurie metalcaft, joe pesscy, jack lemmon, walther matthau, and specially donald shuterland ( his scene with costner was incredible well acted, one of the best moments in cinema of the last 15 years) are all very well casted and deliver great performances. To resume it, great, great movie. a 9 of 10.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:15 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Yeah that scene of Costner and Donald Sutherland was amazing.Totally blew my mind away the first couple times I watched and listenend to that scene.Its a travesty of justice this movie lost out on best picture award to that horrible Silence Of the Lambs.No justice.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2005 07:11 PM
gentmax

Go to IMDB and check out who all was in that movie. Even John Candy did a great job. The length of the movie was never an issue with me. In fact, every time I've watched it, as soon as it's over, I want to watch it again, because there is so much information thrown at you. One of my personal favorites. Maybe I should buy the DVD.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2005 01:07 PM
gentmax is currently offline Click here to Send gentmax a Private Message Find more posts by gentmax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
elementdeltaX

Definately a very well made and high quality movie. I've watched this movie 2 times in the past week and I actually going to go watch it again now there is just so much information thrown at you like qentmax said. It's definately one of my all time favorites and if you haven't seen it I would definately recommend it.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 02:19 AM
elementdeltaX is currently offline Click here to Send elementdeltaX a Private Message Find more posts by elementdeltaX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

2 times in the past week? these two times were they the first two times you ever saw it?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 05:55 PM
Bardock42

Nope havent seen it......

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 06:28 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DineshD

Seen the movie several times...too long for my taste...but a great movie...if you want a good explanation of the theory and how it is debunked...watch Penn and Tellers show Bullshi*t on SHOWTIME ... the episode is titled Conspiracies..

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 11:26 PM
DineshD is currently offline Click here to Send DineshD a Private Message Find more posts by DineshD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote