KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » What is wit remakes and sequals?

What is wit remakes and sequals?
Started by: Horror_Chic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Horror_Chic

What is wit remakes and sequals?

Has anyone noticed almost every movie that comes out is either a sequal or remake?? i mean are ppl just lazy or something??
what do u guys think??

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:08 AM
Horror_Chic is currently offline Click here to Send Horror_Chic a Private Message Find more posts by Horror_Chic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

People keep paying to see them, so they will keep making them.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:44 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Discussion over. erm

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:45 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

yep, uumm hhmm

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 02:48 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

wat is wit ur spelin?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:08 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Que?

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:25 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

laughing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StinkFist462
wat is wit ur spelin?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 03:48 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Most sequels nowadays are crap.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 05:53 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

*crosses fingers for POTC 2* sad

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 04:02 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

*cough! cough! TCM:Origin Cough! cough! Sequel of a remake? Oh yeah. I'd rather get dental surgery than watch this.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2006 09:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Not all sequels and remakes suck. But the majority of them do.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 03:42 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

Most sequels suck. But there have been a few good sequels, I mena Blade II wsas an awesome movie and Waynes World 2 was okay.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 04:43 PM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by Impediment
*cough! cough! TCM:Origin Cough! cough! Sequel of a remake? Oh yeah. I'd rather get dental surgery than watch this.

Don't forget Dawn of the Dead 2.

Eddie Murphy seems to like remakes and sequels to remakes (Nutty Professor, Dr. Dolittle).

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 07:10 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Wolfie
Eddie Murphy seems to like remakes and sequels to remakes (Nutty Professor, Dr. Dolittle).

The remake of Dr. Dolittle was a complete 180 degree from the original story. Personally, I'd have enjoyed a helluva lot more if they hadn't named it "Dr. Dolittle".

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 08:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Originally posted by Makedde
Most sequels nowadays are crap.

replace most with all

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2006 09:36 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

Hey all sequles are not crap. Blade II is one of the best action movies everymade, so don't be so quick to label them all bad, though msost are.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 02:38 AM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Makedde
Xena: Warrior Princess

Originally posted by ladygrim
replace most with all

Terminator 2 was a sequel, and is better than the original.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 03:25 AM
Makedde is currently offline Click here to Send Makedde a Private Message Find more posts by Makedde Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by DarkWizard
I think there is a thread like this somewhere, but MDF needs new material so here's my opinion.

Terminator 2 was better than The Terminator Because the effects were better, and the Characters were better And overall James cameron had more experience as a director when he Directed T2, Which led to a better overall Sequel. But I prefer The First Terminator over the 3rd. Don't get me wrong, The third one was pretty awesome IMO. But the casting for John connor was pretty bad, to say the least.

Honestley, I liked the First X-men Better than the 2nd. The way they introduce the Characters in the first X-men movie was done extremley well, and I really enjoyed it. But as far as entertainment goes I preffer the 2nd, It was funnier and and had more action, which can really mess up a film when done wrong. But this time it was done right.

I Disliked Star Trek: The motion Picture, because when compared to 'Star Trek 2 The wrath of Khan' it was crap. Star Trek 2 is one of my favorite films to date. Great ending, and great suspense. Live long and prosper.

As Far as Rocky Goes, The origian 'Rocky' movie was superrior amungst other Rocky sequels. I'm still sontemplating on if Rocky 6 will blow, or be half way decent.

I also Disliked all Highlander sequels. But I really enjoy the first. The idea for that film was incredibly original, in a good way. And It's a wonder that Idea wasn't taken before.

The Godfather Part 2 better than the first one IMO. Mostly because of Robert Deniro's performance and story. It was great, and kept me looking at the film a little better than the first. But by all means the first one was excellent too. I just preffered Robert Deniro's little Prequel-like story, and how he came to be the Don.

The indiana Jones sequels were better than the original Indiana Jones film. But that's only my opinion. I think the sequels were done very well, and are the best sequels when compared to the original to date. Again, I'm not saying the first one was bad.

Nightmare on Elmstreet: 3 Was better than the first. It had a better plot outline overall, and I thuroghlly enjoyed every minute of it. High class horror entertainment. IMO.

The bourne Identity is much better than the sequel IMO, it had excellent cinematography for a action movie, and The sequel lagged behind just a tad. I really didn't even feel like watching the second one.

The first Die Hard was excellent, absolutely awesome. But the next 2 were mediocre. and i dont know what the 4th is going to be like. The idea of terrorists threats got dull after a while.

The First Matrix will outbeat the Any of the sequils any fay of the week. I watch the 2nd Matrix for the action, The 3rd matrix for the cool effects. But I watch the 1st because it blends the 2nd and 3rd together and adds originality and story, making it a solid all around fillm.

I could go on for alot longer, but right now I want to mention batman begins. Batman begins is much better than any other Batman film ever made. Chris Nolan And David S. Goyer put their heart and soul into this film, and it prevailed most magninficently.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 12:29 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i thought last year was the year of the sequels but it seems theres more set to be out this year than last erm joy

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 04:35 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by ladygrim
i thought last year was the year of the sequels but it seems theres more set to be out this year than last erm joy

Oh yes. But this year is titled 'Return of the Geezers'.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 09:32 PM