KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Best? So Far this year..

Best? So Far this year..
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dusty

Question Best? So Far this year..

You're thoughts. I know several people haven't even gotten off their arses to see anything.

Me: Lucky Number Slevin

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 08:04 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

My best film this year so far is V for Vendetta.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 08:12 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Was Sleven that good? I didn't hear good things about it.
V for vendetta or Thank you for smoking.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 09:03 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Was Sleven that good?

Oh yeah, I loved it. How else would it get Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, and Bruce willis in the same film?

Check it out while you still can.

Last edited by Dusty on Apr 23rd, 2006 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 09:08 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

V for Vendetta.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 09:28 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

V for Vendetta is the only one that comes to mind so far.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 09:31 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Nevermind
V for Vendetta is the only one that comes to mind so far.

Yep.
Originally posted by Dusty
Oh yeah, I loved it. How else would it get Morgan Freeman, Sir Ben Kingsley, and Bruce willis in the same film?

Ben Kingsley was just in Bloodrayne. Bloodrayne.

I expect Inland Empire to be the best of the year, though. Who knows, it's possible that I may be disappointed.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 12:38 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Solo

Ben Kingsley was just in Bloodrayne. Bloodrayne.

Yeah, and so was Michael Madsen. That Doesn't resent the fact that they are genius's, But they want money. Just like any other actor in the world.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 12:43 AM
Solo

Yeah, and so was Michael Madsen. That Doesn't resent the fact that they are genius's, But they want money. Just like any other actor in the world.

Ben Kingsley was in Schindler's List and Gandhi and all of a sudden he's a genius? That's a pretty ignorant remark.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 01:07 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Ben Kingsley was in Schindler's List and Gandhi and all of a sudden he's a genius? That's a pretty ignorant remark.

You don't think so? The man was nominated 4 academy awards. 2 of which he won, himself. Aside from Gahndi, and Schindler's List, he also starred in 'Anne Frank', and 'House of Sand and Fog'. One of my favorite actors. There are several actors I could classify as 'Genius'. Sir Ben Kingsley is one of which.

Last edited by Dusty on Apr 24th, 2006 at 01:36 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 01:31 AM
Solo

You don't think so? The man was nominated 4 academy awards. 2 of which he won, himself. Aside from Gahndi, and Schindler's List, he also starred in 'Anne Frank', and 'House of Sand and Fog'. One of my favorite actors. There are several actors I could classify as 'Genius'. Sir Ben Kingsley is one of which.

He's a great actor, no doubt. But calling him a genius is going a little too far, IMO. Didn't like "House of Sand and Fog" much, although I know many people did. "Anne Frank" was pretty good, though.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 02:19 AM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Nah, "genius" isn't something that can really be applied to someone's acting skills. That's reserved for mental acumen. Ben Kingsley's an actor, and not much more. He's no longer selective of his roles, either. He's VERY hit or miss, and doesn't deliver a string og good movies, much like any other A lister. He did "Bloodrayne", yeah..he also did "Sound of Thunder" with that ridiculous ****ing Oompa Loompa hair.

Point is, he's a versatile actor, and a good one, but I have to agree that "genius" is overpraising the guy.

Oh, and my vote goes to "Brokeback Mountain". I haven't seen many movies in theatres for a couple of reasons. 1, there's a lot of poor films out, 2, I don't have the time, and 3, they're on DVD in about as much times as they spend in theatres. Quick turnaround.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 05:44 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by C-Dic
Nah, "genius" isn't something that can really be applied to someone's acting skills.

Agreed. For me, personally, a "genius" is some one far more creatively involved such a screenwriter or director. However, that doesn't stop actors being fantastic in what they do.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 11:19 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Have you guys seen Sexy Beast? I thought it was Ben Kingsly's best role ever. He's such a co cksucker, you just LOVE to HATE him!! happy

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 12:37 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Sexy Beast" is a nifty movie, a little overrated, IMO, but his character is likeable..in a weird way, lol.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 06:27 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by C-Dic
Oh, and my vote goes to "Brokeback Mountain".

Isn't that 2005?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 10:20 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yep, Brokeback is 2005 technically.

There hasn't been much so far this year for me, the best is still to come.

So far though, I guess I'd say Hills Have Eyes followed by Silent Hill.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 11:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Isn't that 2005?

1/13/06 nationwide, which is what matters to me.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:53 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Where did you get that date? The date I've seen is 12/16/05 as the official US release date.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 12:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

1. Munich
2. Thank You for Smoking
3. Inside Man
4. Slither (surprisingly, although not much other competition)

Still need to see Slevin and I hope it surpasses at least a couple of these)

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2006 04:25 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote