KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » X men 3 is the worst of the trilogy

Is X men 3 the Worst of the Trilogy
This poll is closed.
Yes it is the Worst 2 28.57%
No it is the Best 2 28.57%
Its neither the Best or Worst 3 42.86%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

X men 3 is the worst of the trilogy
Started by: rockycairns

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rockycairns

X men 3 is the worst of the trilogy

The other two had more story about the Mutants where X men 3 doesnt it introduces about 20 characters in the short 105 minutes and doesnt develop them it just relys on the action sequences which are good but a bit pointless when there is no story

Old Post May 27th, 2006 01:56 PM
rockycairns is currently offline Click here to Send rockycairns a Private Message Find more posts by rockycairns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whiteclipse

agreed, angel was freaking awesome huh? no nightcrawler? what the hell?!?

Old Post May 27th, 2006 02:07 PM
Whiteclipse is currently offline Click here to Send Whiteclipse a Private Message Find more posts by Whiteclipse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: X men 3 is the worst of the trilogy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rockycairns
The other two had more story about the Mutants where X men 3 doesnt it introduces about 20 characters in the short 105 minutes and doesnt develop them it just relys on the action sequences which are good but a bit pointless when there is no story

Err...pay attention to whats happening....the 20 characters they introduced didnt need extra background story, Magneto recruited them all as a n00b army, and they all ended up dying. Would have taken away time with more character crap on useless people who dont matter. Angel was bad enough, they involved his story.....wasnt even necessary!

And you just said it, the other two had story about the Mutants......this one was the climatic battle between humans/brotherhood/xmen. The story was simple, the humans came up with a cure, Magneto wanted to exploit it to persuade other mutants to join his cause in removing humans, and the xmen were the Jedi peacekeepers in this case.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 02:21 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
subgenius

I am going to have to see the film again in order to know my true feelings. I liked the film, but I am filled with a lot of conflicting feelings about various individual elements of the movie.

I am feeling that, if this is the last film in the series, then X-3 was a horrible film. If it is a transition film for a fourth episode, then it can work well. The ending implied that this is NOT the end. It is interesting that we never actually get to see Cyclops die or dead on screen. We do not know whether or not Jean Grey actually killed him. There is room to bring him back. Xavier is also not dead.

This felt like X-men 3: The Last Stand Part One .

Old Post May 27th, 2006 03:36 PM
subgenius is currently offline Click here to Send subgenius a Private Message Find more posts by subgenius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stubbs

I saw this film yesterday, It's quite interesting.. But one peeked interest to me the most, Did Iceman kill Pyro after headbutting him?

Old Post May 27th, 2006 03:48 PM
Stubbs is currently offline Click here to Send Stubbs a Private Message Find more posts by Stubbs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

quote:
Angel was bad enough, they involved his story.....wasnt even necessary!

they just had to give him a few minutes screen time to introduce his character for X4. They did the same thing with Kitty in X2........allowing her to have a much bigger role in X3. They did the same thing with Collosus in X2.....allowing him to have a much bigger role in X3. They did the same thing with IceMan in Xmen 1.....allowing him to take a much bigger role in X2.

I thought the movie was okay........but not up to par with the others. It was obviously just a transitional movie to close out this X1-X3 story while introducing all the new characters for the next movie. That hurt it alot.

to the guy who posted about nightcrawler.....Alan Cumming was already obligated to other projects. He is however still signed for another Xmen sequel.......look for him in X4.

And whomever said, "if there's another Xmen movie".......there is. Fox studio heads announced back in January that they will keep making Xmen movies as long as the audience is there. The title of this film as "the last stand" is merely to close out the current story line to the characters in X1-X3. The only way they won't make another is if X3 bombed.........which we all know it didn't.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 04:16 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Next X Men movie is pretty much confirmed as a prequel.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 04:28 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Well I enjoyed the movie very much, and yes I do agree that there wasn’t much of a real deep story line but then again I didn’t think there needed to be. I like the way they did Juggernaut though I thought the design of his helmet was stupid though. Jean was fricking awesome and they did a real good job on her. Beast was right on the mark and loved the fight scenes, I just wish Gambit was in there but now seeing the film it would have been hard to fit him in properly.

Old Post May 27th, 2006 04:33 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stubbs

Someone tell me, Did Pyro get killed after Iceman head butted him?

Old Post May 27th, 2006 07:11 PM
Stubbs is currently offline Click here to Send Stubbs a Private Message Find more posts by Stubbs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

X-Men area please!

Closed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 27th, 2006 07:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote