KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The elaphent man/mullholand drive.

The elaphent man/mullholand drive.
Started by: hazel1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hazel1
Yo MOMMA!!!!!!

The elaphent man/mullholand drive.

I dont know if i spelt them wright but W/E

Anyway who has seen these movies, what did you think of them..

The elaphent man: A very very sad story.. nearly made me cry..

Mullholand drive: The tramps face when he came from behind the wall was the most scary thing/face, EVER......

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 02:59 PM
hazel1 is currently offline Click here to Send hazel1 a Private Message Find more posts by hazel1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Neither are horrors.

I suggest you go to the MDF and search for threads on those movies. If there are no threads (which I'm sure there are) make two seperate threads. One for The Elephant Man, the other for Mulholland Dr.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2006 10:22 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hazel1
Yo MOMMA!!!!!!

I have asked many experts and they said they are in the HORROR genre..

Old Post Sep 1st, 2006 09:31 AM
hazel1 is currently offline Click here to Send hazel1 a Private Message Find more posts by hazel1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dean nightingal

i think it was agreat film.where could i buy this film from does anybody know ive tryed everywhere.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 09:03 PM
dean nightingal is currently offline Click here to Send dean nightingal a Private Message Find more posts by dean nightingal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

These are not horror movies. This belongs in the Movie Discussion Forum.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 10:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Re: The elaphent man/mullholand drive.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by hazel1
The tramps face when he came from behind the wall was the most scary thing/face, EVER......

Tramp? It was a homeless man. Both of these are hardly horror films, and already if threads in the appropriate forum, i.e. MDF.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 11:16 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The Elephant Man is an amazing movie, one of the very best ever made, though as others have said, not a horror movie.

I didn't care much for Mulolland Drive.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 11:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

I personally can't stand David Lynch. Too paranoid for me (the Lost Highway was one of the most schizoid movies i've seen) but The Elephant Man was actually very good.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 07:40 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

The elephant man is very different from the other david lynch movies. In fact, is the less Lynch of his movies. Usually, the Lynch movies are full of strange elements. The only strange element in the elephant man is the same john merrick and some of his shadows. But the story shows that the more normal in the story is John Merrick . A great and beautiful story.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2006 08:44 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akira99
Servant of ESP

The Elephant man, starring John Hurt in his prime 1980 and Anthony Hopkins whose performance inspired the director of Silence of the Lambs to select him, is one of the most poignant, amazing films ever to tug at my heartstring. If this film doesn't make you cry you really are heartless or just very experienced in the witnessing of the evils of humanity. This film is in my top 10 easily

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 09:51 PM
Akira99 is currently offline Click here to Send Akira99 a Private Message Find more posts by Akira99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Elephant man is more of biography film

Mullholand Drive is in a class of it's own. It's Much more complicated than Elephant but does not have the sensitivity the film possess.

Both great films and very good cast.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 02:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

The Elephant Man garners Top 10 of all time consideration. Haven't seen the other one.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 05:19 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

The elephant man, probably one of the top 10 better movies in cinema story. I love this movie , its so great al all the levels. And what a great, great actor John Hurt is.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 07:38 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I have honestly never gotten around to seeing it yet.I keep meaning to but never have.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:01 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

I specially recomend it to you, mr parker. Its a absolutely brillaint movie, but its very hard to see.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 07:18 PM