KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dragonball Z Live Action Movie

Dragonball Z Live Action Movie
Started by: Kal-El_08

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dragonball Z Live Action Movie

Well, Fox has the rights to make a movie & I'd love it if they could put out a movie by 2010 or so but it could end up taking even longer. The major thing would be how close they stay to the comics.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 05:13 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Dragonball Z Live Action Movie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firelord Ozai
Well, Fox has the rights to make a movie & I'd love it if they could put out a movie by 2010 or so but it could end up taking even longer. The major thing would be how close they stay to the comics.

I've no idea right now who to cast. I do however think that they will stay close to the comics and anime.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 07:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

thats honestly... going to be hard but if it comes out good, imagine how many people will see it...

i think...

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 07:49 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Hugh Jackman could pull off either Goku or Vegeta. Here's my cast list (some of the characters):

Goku: Tom Welling or Hugh Jackman
Vegeta: Hugh Jackman or Ray Park ?
Kid Gohan: Tristan Lake Leabu
Bulma: Jessica Alba (may have gain weight to fully have Bulma's weight) or Jessica Biel
Broly: Tyler Mane or Dalip Singh

That's all I have now.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 09:55 PM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

With a movie like this, they'll go with mostly unknown actors to keep the budget down, as they'll rely on the franchise name to draw in the crowds.

Tom Cruise would make a decent Vegeta though, he's short, arrogant and a little insane. Too old though.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 10:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell no, Tom Cruise shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a DBZ movie, especially not in the role of Vegeta. But you are right about the whole unknown actors thing as they'll alright be spending a fortune on special effects alone.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 10:11 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think Hugh Jackman could pull off either Goku or Vegeta. Here's my cast list (some of the characters):

Goku: Tom Welling or Hugh Jackman
Vegeta: Hugh Jackman or Ray Park ?
Kid Gohan: Tristan Lake Leabu
Bulma: Jessica Alba (may have gain weight to fully have Bulma's weight) or Jessica Biel
Broly: Tyler Mane or Dalip Singh

That's all I have now.

Interesting choices, but I don't see Hugh Jackman make another comic book character. Tom Welling, I can't see doing martial arts moves. Either Jessica would be great.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 10:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could see Tom Welling doing martial arts moves, of course he'd have to bulk up a little more & take actual martial arts classes.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 10:44 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I think i can pull off teen gohan...

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2007 11:21 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, if you're not going to contribute to the discussion, don't post at all.

Anyway, anyone think Hugh Jackman could pull off a decent Goku? He's a hell of an actor.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 04:58 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

No, if you're not going to contribute to the discussion, don't post at all.

Anyway, anyone think Hugh Jackman could pull off a decent Goku? He's a hell of an actor.

Too old and that role wouldn't suit him.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 05:13 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who would you cast as Goku?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:09 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Who would you cast as Goku?

Not sure exactly, I'd probabaly go with an unknown, so who knows.

No [well] known actor comes to mind, he'd have to be in his late 20's or maybe early 30's, be in excellent shape (lean & muscular) and have a something comical side in his acting ability.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:25 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah. I know you may disagree but I could actually see Tom Welling pulling off Goku or Yamcha.

What about Broly? Who would you cast in his role? I'd go with Tyler Mane, of course he'd have to add more muscle & in general, bulk up.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:39 AM
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or maybe even Dalip Singh (WWE wrestler the Great Khali) although he may be a little too immobile to portray Broly. Tyler Mane is probably the best choice for Broly. All he'd have to do is bulk up about 80-100 lbs. The best thing to do would be to shoot all of the scenes with him in his regular base form or as a Super Saiyan & then film the scenes with him as a Legendary Super Saiyan afterwards. I'd rather have Mane truly bulk up for LSSJ Broly rather than just using a muscle suit.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:23 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The actors for this movie will look stupid with the crazy anime hair.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 09:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look, if you don't care for the movie, then don't post here again.

Anyway, so, Robtard, I'm anxious to hear what you think of Tyler Mane as Broly.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 04:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Look, if you don't care for the movie, then don't post here again.

Anyway, so, Robtard, I'm anxious to hear what you think of Tyler Mane as Broly.

I stopped watching the series around the Majin(sp?) (the wizard guy) part, so I don't know who Broly is, I take it he must be huge.

Oh, Ryan Reynolds could possibly play a decent Goku, he's young(er), has shown his ability to "bulk up" and he has that comical edge which would do well in a movie like this.

Kazneji, I doubt they'll go as extreme with the hair, if at all.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 05:13 PM
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

the project has been shelved indefinately.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:03 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well, there's that.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:07 PM