KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Speed Racer

Speed Racer
Started by: JediSamuraiMRB

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Speed Racer

I grew up on the '60s cartoon which I loved a whole lot. The movie stars Emile Hirsch as Speed. John Goodman and Susan Sarandon as Mom and Pops Racer, respectively. Christina Ricci as Trixi and Mathew Fox as Racer X. I've watched the trailer and have doubts. Thoughts? Opinions?

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=17308

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 08:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i have no idea how this movie is gonna be but im interested in watching it, trailer looks cool to me atleast.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2007 09:45 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

. . . and not to mention, those Matrix guys, The Wachowski Brothers, are the directors. This should be interesting.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2007 05:42 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

I agree.

I think they captured the look and feel of the cartoon.
A lot of people are asking for realism but I personally don't want another Fast and Furious.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 02:37 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
I agree.

I think they captured the look and feel of the cartoon.
A lot of people are asking for realism but I personally don't want another Fast and Furious.

it definately has that spy kids vibe to it though, the speed racer trailer was so colourful and almost as colourful as burtons willy wonka film. But the race sequences were insane.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2007 08:20 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Zhin
Serving the Crown

Originally posted by xNIXSONx
it definately has that spy kids vibe to it though, the speed racer trailer was so colourful and almost as colourful as burtons willy wonka film. But the race sequences were insane.

Which is the eay Speed Racer shuld be made.

"That night, when I entered my room, I had the surprise of receiving only one gunshot" - G.Montenegro on surprises

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 07:16 PM
Darth Zhin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Zhin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Zhin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i was sold with the monkey in the trunk...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 08:52 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Wonder if the Wachowski's will inject a bunch of pretentious simplistic philosophical crap like in The Matrix sequels.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 12:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by BackFire
Wonder if the Wachowski's will inject a bunch of pretentious simplistic philosophical crap like in The Matrix sequels.

And then I wonder if all the Matrix fans will dissect the trailer and find all sorts of fantastic meaningful insights and paradigms of Speed Racer's contribution to human existence.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 12:58 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Callan

I enjoyed the cartoons as a child, but I'm not totally sold on the live action movie. The trailer definitely displays some of the campiness of the original series, but I don't know if I can accept Emile Hirsch as Speed just yet.

I'll probably watch this, but my expectations won't be all that high. messed

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 12:14 AM
Callan is currently offline Click here to Send Callan a Private Message Find more posts by Callan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by BackFire

I doubt it. They've already done a film (V For Vendetta) since the Matrix films and that turned out fine.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 12:17 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cloudysky
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes I agree with the snakeEyes' opinion.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 02:44 AM
cloudysky is currently offline Click here to Send cloudysky a Private Message Find more posts by cloudysky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I had this cartoon on video years ago classic

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 09:41 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackieCD

I hope it's not a Spy Kids like make.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:12 PM
JackieCD is currently offline Click here to Send JackieCD a Private Message Find more posts by JackieCD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Altar[1stONE]
Lone Wolf

I wonder if the dragonballz movie will use something like this live action /anime hybrid effects?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 08:31 PM
Altar[1stONE] is currently offline Click here to Send Altar[1stONE] a Private Message Find more posts by Altar[1stONE] Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

from what i have seen here,i dont like what I am seeing.Think I'll stick with the cartoon.I loved that cartoon,thats probably my favorite cartoon series of all time.that show would always leave me in suspense all the time as a kid.I dont understand why they never show that anymore.wish they would bring it back. mad

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 09:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I have a theory about this here Speed Racer movie. What we've seen in the trailers is very clean and polished, but I bet there is a gritty side to this film that has not been shown to us yet. Kinda like Starship Troopers, where everyone lives in a perfect world, but when the shit goes down, THE SHIT GOES DOWN AND IT GETS NASTY. You know, kinda like the Sand People in Phantom Menace shooting at the pod racers . . . there's a lot of stuff they can pull in this here Speed Racer, and I hope they do.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 11:52 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Speed Racer may have just gotten a wee better.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 05:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Here is the pic again.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 12:11 AM
Impediment
Endless

As long as Racer X is in the film, I'll go see it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 01:49 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote