KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The King of Kong

The King of Kong
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The King of Kong

This was an extraordinary documentary.

It's Rocky for the thumbstick generation. Truly inspiring and gripping.

It follows a man who is trying to beat the highest score in Donkey Kong history, and the challenges he faces. It's amazing, highly recommended.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 12:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

What channel is it on?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 12:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

laughing

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 12:24 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I gotta check this out.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 01:08 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rajendra
just hanging around

looks like a very hilarious movie...wanna check this out...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2008 07:02 PM
Rajendra is currently offline Click here to Send Rajendra a Private Message Find more posts by Rajendra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I watched 'The King Of Kong' the other night and loved every minute of it. I never thought I'd care and be so interested and entertained by this documentary.

Also, the special features are incredible, some of the best special features I've ever seen.

Great recommendation, Backfire! Thanks!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 06:31 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I've heard from my friends that I really need to watch this film. I might go buy it today, if my local store has it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 07:01 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I'll check this out

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 07:13 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Another cool thing is that you can still see who is currently the Donkey Kong champion by visiting twin galaxies website. But don't do this befire seeing the movie, it could spoil things.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 08:57 PM
Impediment
Endless

I just got through watching this a few hours ago on Pay-Per-View.

This film was a fantastic watch, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves video games.

I'll probably go and buy the DVD now.

IMO, Billy Mitchell seemed like an arrogant ass.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 01:01 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'll most likely watch this in the near future, seems neat.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 02:04 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

It's worth a single watch. It wasn't terribly funny, but it kept my interest throughout.

Toward the middle I was questioning on whether or not it was a real documentary. Some scenes looked scripted and edited too well.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:49 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I was really pulling for steve, by the end. I was hoping that billy would show some balls and face off with steve lol. Great documentary....,someone really put some care into telling the story of these people. I appreciated that the documentary wasn't subjective. I was expecting a documentary full of ridicule and sarcasm.

I would, suggest the documentary...,second skin to any fan of this movie. Its a docu about wow and mmorpg players. It is very good.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Mar 13th, 2008 at 09:21 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 09:17 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cruel jedi
laughing
laughing

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 08:36 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

The best part is when his daughter said "Wow, some people really ruin their lives over this, huh?". Haha, great movie. I hear there's an actual film in talks.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 12:47 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crystallake
Slasher

This movie was WAY, WAAAAY better than I was expecting! I rented it from Netflix, and ended up watching it again with friends. It's actually worth purchasing - I think I'll try and find it next time I'm at Best Buy.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 10:38 PM
crystallake is currently offline Click here to Send crystallake a Private Message Find more posts by crystallake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote