KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » 21

Started by: FlappingMangera

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Anyone else seen the preview for this?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/21/

It's got a pretty good cast with Spacey, Fishburne and the guy from Across the Universe, Jim Sturgess. You'd be hard-pressed to have me turn down any movie involving poker or blackjack. It's actually going to be released pretty soon, too (28th) .

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 08:24 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

yup.... im excited... ive seen so many documentaries on those students and im actually really excited to see it hit the big screen.

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 09:16 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: 21

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
Anyone else seen the preview for this?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/21/

It's got a pretty good cast with Spacey, Fishburne and the guy from Across the Universe, Jim Sturgess. You'd be hard-pressed to have me turn down any movie involving poker or blackjack. It's actually going to be released pretty soon, too (28th) .

Hey, did you happen to see that one poker movie that came out last year with Drew Barrymore and Eric Bana, I forget the title, but I keep almost renting it, but then I'm like, "Oh, I'm just not sure." But if you've seen it, was it good?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2008 09:25 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

I am really interested in seeing 21. I heard it is based off the book "Bringing Down the House" and that was such an awesome book. I definitely recommend it if you are interested in gambling, math or have ever wonder how the "house always wins". I loved the book, so I am glad they made this movie. The cast seems awesome too! I always love anything that Kevin Spacey is in.

Tired Hiker , I think the movie you are talking about was calling "Lucky You" (w/ Drew Barrymore)...I don't know much about it, but it got 5.9/10 on IMDb.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 07:51 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

I've never seen the Barrymore movie, though I was interested. I don't think it was in theaters near me or something.

I ended up reading the Ben Mezrich book ("Bringing Down the House" as ariwin mentioned) recently and it pumped me up even more to see this movie, great read. I tend to like probability and statistics too (baseball fan here) so learning about the probabilities and math involved in blackjack intrigues me. The preview showed some great suspense too, looking forward to the release.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 06:10 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regina414

Kevin Spacey is a good actor.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 02:18 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Even though Jim Sturgess is in this, im going to pass.. maybe wait for it on dvd.

It doesnt interest me at all for some reason

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 08:54 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

So- I caught a sneak preview of this movie last week and it was really good. I had never seen Jim Sturgess before, but the cast really worked well together. Kevin Spacey was good as usual and I never liked Kate Bosworth, but I think she won me over in this role. I liked the movie alot and now I am reading the book!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 09:47 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm quite a keen gambler, more poker than anything else. But I'm also a massive Spacey fan, so yeah, I'll definitely be watching this.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 12:27 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I'm going to play Texas Hold'm tomorrow since my wife is out of town for one more day. I also want to see this 21 movie, even though it's about black jack which I do not prefer.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 12:40 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Have you seen Rounders?

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 12:43 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

It's got the two guys from American Beauty, so I'm naturally interested, even though I know nothing of poker.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 01:56 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
awsumdave

I just saw this a couple days ago. It really surprised me. I didn't think a movie about card playing could be so good!

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 06:27 PM
awsumdave is currently offline Click here to Send awsumdave a Private Message Find more posts by awsumdave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote