KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Soundtracks that made the movie.

Soundtracks that made the movie.
Started by: ragesRemorse

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

Soundtracks that made the movie.

As we all know, music and sound is one of the most important aspects of a movie and in some cases the quality is determined specifically by it's musical composition. What are a few movies that you feel rely entirely on the soundtrack. What movie's wouldn't be the same with a different musical score?

I'm going to start off with the most obvious...,Star Wars. This sci-fi story was transformed into an epic space opera because of it's incredible score. I don't believe there would have been a sequel without John Williams Score.

Halloween. The score turns the slow paced development into a daunting and suspenseful classic

Requiem for a dream. The music is very haunting and surreal. Coupled with raw directing the music bleeds through the screen and almost strangles you into a panic attack.

Well, there are a lot of movie's out there that would have a completely different tone with different music. These are just a few that i feel rely on the music as much as they do subject content. Lets hear your suggestions

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 04:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

A lot of older movies depended even more on their soundtracks. One that sticks out in my mind is Casablanca. Originally, they used the "As Time Goes By" song, which was a not-very-popular song out in the real world. After the score was finished, the producers wanted to change "As Time Goes By" to an original song, but the composer had put elements of that song into the rest of the score - so they stuck with it.

Any film that John Williams has written for is significant - Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Superman... He definitely leaves his mark on his films.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 05:10 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

lock stock and two smoking barrels was improved immeasurably by a brilliant soundtrack

mean streets: an interview i watched last night with Phil Spector showed that he almost took out an injunction on the film because it used his songs without his permission...he bartered a deal with scorcese that he would have rights to have songs in his future movies...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 05:19 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Any film that John Williams has written for is significant - Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, Superman... He definitely leaves his mark on his films. [/B]

yeah definetly.I also want to add the theme song to the rocky movies ,the one for Stripes and at least the first omen movie was aslo really scary mostly cause of the music in it, and of course Footloose would not have been a great movie without its music.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 06:17 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Basically any movie that had Danny Elfman's music.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 09:25 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Originally posted by DarkC
Basically any movie that had Danny Elfman's music.

Yeah, he also has a very distinctive style.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 12:33 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Definitely Requiem for a Dream.

The movie is outstanding on its own, but the music enhances it perfectly.

I also really like the music in 28 Days Later.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 12:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last of the Mohicans

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 12:49 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Originally posted by BackFire
Definitely Requiem for a Dream.

The movie is outstanding on its own, but the music enhances it perfectly.

I also really like the music in 28 Days Later.

I was going to mention 28 Days Later as well. So chilling, adds extremely well to the movie. In fact, it probably wouldn't even be as scary if it wasn't for the music.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 12:54 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

GhostBusters

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 05:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Most horror films.

Jet Li's The One.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 11:28 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Last of the Mohicans

Enya rocks, Promentory is a great piece of music.

That reminds me of the gladiator score, Hans Zimmer and Enya. That is probably my favorite movie soundtrack.

This is aces

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 28th, 2008 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 02:16 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

How about any musical.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 05:45 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

no, those are gay. It has to be a real movie.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:23 AM
goodluck

Surprised nobody said Juno yet. smile

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 10:59 AM
goodluck is currently offline Click here to Send goodluck a Private Message Find more posts by goodluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

probably ghost busters a legend of a theme tune

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 04:20 PM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Soundtracks that made the movie.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
What are a few movies that you feel rely entirely on the soundtrack. What movie's wouldn't be the same with a different musical score?

Indiana Jones and The Exorcist.There is also The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Then there is Saturday Night Fever and Grease.

As for movies with a change in soundtrack....there is the Batman franchise which broke away from the Danny Elfman theme and took on a different but succesful path.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Oct 28th, 2008 at 05:50 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 05:47 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Enya rocks, Promentory is a great piece of music.

That reminds me of the gladiator score, Hans Zimmer and Enya. That is probably my favorite movie soundtrack.

This is aces

Clannad FTW.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 06:27 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote