KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

Based on his self penned, same named comic book coming to DVD and Blu-Ray September 22 courtesy of Anchor Bay Entertainment

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/new...ws.php?id=11070

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 08:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have no high hopes for it since it's Rob Zombie... but I will give it a chance like I do with all films.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 11:24 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 10:41 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

The trailer reminds me of Zombie's early musical career (i.e his stuff with White Zombie) If you want an early insight into Mr. Zombie's twisted animated mind look no further than the Beavis inspired hallucination in Beavis and Butthead Do America, which is based on Zombies nightmarish animated artwork, complete with a classic Zombie score.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 02:37 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I plan to buy this tomorrow. I love Zombie's cartoon style.

Still, Halloween 2 sucked. Hard.

Here's the red band trailer:

The animation style reminds of Jon Kricfalusi's from Ren and Stimpy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Sep 21st, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 10:41 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

HA HA, I adore that finger part!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 11:04 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

laughing out loud

I think I'll be picking that up. Looks pretty funny and I like the animation.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 11:42 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

No thanks. no

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 04:01 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What don't you like about it snakeEyes?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 07:34 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Neat.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 07:42 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
What don't you like about it snakeEyes?

Just don't think I'll be into it. From the trailer, the jokes look all kind of one-note (how many times were that chick's boobs referenced in 2 minutes?), animation's okay, but again not really my style. Doesn't look like there's much worthwhile there for me to enjoy.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:38 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm going to rent it and if I like it might buy it.

There is some many themes that appeal to me.

Masked Luchadors.
Nazi zombies.
Dia de los muertos.
Black comedy.

Will be back with a review.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2009 05:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I rented this last night from the Playstation Network.

It was funny, for a B-movie cartoon. It wont win any awards, but for someone who likes the absurd and a LOT of animated boobs, it's worth a watch.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 10:33 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I usually love this type of deranged and perverted humor but this was just to much for me. I don't mean that it was overly offensive. Every other scene tries to out do the last with even more shocking imagery and profanity. This wouldn't have been a bad thing if the movie had some type of story or direction but it was like an episode of family guy. Actually, Family guy probably has more direction than this story did. It was just an hour and a half of imagery and humor that tries to be shocking.

Seriously, all through out the movie i had the same feeling. It felt as though someone stumbled across Rob Zombies old high school notebook of deranged doodles and decided to make a movie out of it. To be fair though, i don't think the movie was trying to tell any type of story. I would say they accomplished exactly what they wanted to...,a deranged cartoon with to many one liners. It really isn't bad it was just to much for me. If the trailer appeals to you then you will most likely enjoy this.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 12:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Very poor movie. It's Rob Zombie emphasizing on violence and sex yet again, only now thinking enough of it will make you somehow laugh. No actual humor, no real direction, and no fun. 5/10.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2009 09:28 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote