KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mass Effect: The movie

Mass Effect: The movie
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Mass Effect is Coming to the Big Screen

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66321

I bet they're gonna **** it up somehow or surprise us and atcually get it right.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 07:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

mass effect isnt a good game to convert into a movie. too many variables and choices and too much content to leave out

Old Post May 25th, 2010 07:25 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

true, but at least people cant complain about who they cast for Shephard, really
i hope they leave the alien side-boob scene in just to piss people at Fox News off

Old Post May 25th, 2010 09:31 AM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Mass Effect: The Movie

Mass Effect Movie Rights Acquired by Legendary Pictures

I Am Legend writer tapped to draft the screenplay.

Let the speculation on who will play Commander Shepard begin. Legendary Pictures announced it has acquired the film rights to the Mass Effect franchise, and BioWare co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk are on board as executive producers.

Legendary Pictures co-productions include The Dark Knight, 300, and The Hangover, and the studio announced a co-production and co-financing agreement for the Mass Effect movie with Warner Bros., who will distribute the film worldwide.

"Mass Effect is a tremendous property ripe for translation to the big screen," Thomas Tull, chairman and CEO of Legendary Pictures, said in a statement. "Mass Effect is a prime example of the kind of source material we at Legendary like to develop; it has depth, compelling characters and an engaging back story."

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360.../1092555p1.html

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 25th, 2010 06:10 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

haven't played the game yet, highly doubtful i will see the movie

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 25th, 2010 06:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i hope they leave the alien side-boob scene in just to piss people at Fox News off

laughing

I hope they put in more, and include an insult towards Fox for it.

Old Post May 25th, 2010 07:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Re: Mass Effect is Coming to the Big Screen

Originally posted by Kazenji
I bet they're gonna **** it up somehow

Old Post May 26th, 2010 12:02 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

I think its going to fail. Too many game options.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post May 26th, 2010 04:11 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Coal
The Carbon Knight

Someone remind me when was the last time that a game made a good film (or vice-versa), cos I can't think of any examples.

And yeah, how the hell can you make a film out of a game with such a huge scope of choices? Unless the film is not actually based on the same events as the games, but set before or after, maybe with someone other than Shepard (Anderson, Zaeed, etc.) as the protagonist.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 05:24 PM
Lord Coal is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Coal a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Coal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Someone remind me when was the last time that a game made a good film (or vice-versa), cos I can't think of any examples.

You are not thinking very hard. One off the top of my head was Alone in the Dark. Amazing film and got the atmosphere of the games just right. They should get the director of this to make the Mass Effect film, would benefit so much.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: NOT

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:05 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Coal
The Carbon Knight

I didn't even know there was an Alone in the Dark film, but I didn't think too much of the game anyway, so....

Seriously though, Max Payne, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil and Doom all made dreadful films. I've not seen Hitman myself, but I've heard absolutely nothing good about it.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:19 PM
Lord Coal is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Coal a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Coal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

First Resident Evil was pretty good imo.

This is a terrible idea. You don't need a film about Mass Effect becuase the game was pretty much a film anyway. Only a very, very long film with much more complexity, character development and plot than they'll be able to fit into a movie. It'll just come off as a cheap knock-off and I really doubt they'll be able to match the game. It just seems like a Lucas-esque whoring out of the franchise, and its just stupid.

Secondly, ME was a choice-based western RPG, just about the very worst kind of game to turn into a movie. You run the risk of alienating your audience becuase it isn't their Shepard on-screen. That isn't the character they've grown close to and who gives a damn if someones about to pop his/her (his, I'm guessing) head off.

The only way thsi might not suck is if A) they bring out the really f'ing big guns a la Dark Knight Nolan, pull off a masterpiece and actually take it seriously and not like a video game movie or B) its an original story, though if Shepard's in it it'll prolly still suck.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:36 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I like all of the Resident evil films better than the games.

Hitman was good: 7 out of 10.

Max Payne was good: 6.5 out of 10.

Tomb Raider films, meh: 5 out of 10.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:44 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't think of one I've really enjoyed apart from Silent Hill. I'm in the minority I believe; but I thought it was good.

Hitman was nothing special.

Last edited by MildPossession on May 27th, 2010 at 08:10 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2010 08:08 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

prince of persia looks pretty. don't know if it's any good though. i dunno if i wanna see it. outta all the times, i've never seen a really good video game based movie. and i've never played a really good movie based on a game.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post May 30th, 2010 01:45 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by dadudemon
I like all of the Resident evil films better than the games.

Next your gonna say the movies are an improvement on the games.... erm

Old Post May 30th, 2010 02:08 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote