KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Death Race 2

Death Race 2
Started by: K.Diddy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Warning Death Race 2

smokin' This is a prequel to 2008's Death Race 2000, In prequel terms it actually pulls it off quite well,and never feels like just a cheap cash in,It explains the origin of Death Race and the character ''Frankenstein'' Although my memory of the last one is a little hazy,as it was about 2 years ago I seen it and only seen it once,this is never quite as fun as I remember the last one being,but like I said as a prequel the movie works very well and moves the film above average 6.5/10 Definitely worth checking out if you liked the 1st one.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2011 07:18 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
milfordrodger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Death Race 2 armored still had moments of suspense effects, including some green screen shots, but if anything it added to the charm of B-movie. It's fast, looks sleek, has excellent performance and is never boring or meaningless, a crime committed by so many other similar films.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 11:23 AM
milfordrodger is currently offline Click here to Send milfordrodger a Private Message Find more posts by milfordrodger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Have'nt seen the newer Death Race i've only seen the old one "Death Race 2000" if you watch that one can see where they got the idea for the game Carmageddon.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2011 12:41 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Although Luke Goss did his best in Death Race 2, he was a poor replacement for Jason Statham as the starring role.

The action in DR2 was mediocre, being a prequel, the races were nothing new compared to what was already shown in the first remake.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2011 05:17 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I thought the remake was a fun movie but this one...,i didn't even finish. It's about as bad as you would expect a straight to dvd sequel to a remake to be.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2011 07:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Statham Death Race was pure shit. This one was pure shit with corn in it, incredibly bad film.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 7th, 2011 07:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

DR 1 was fun and thats it. I am skipping this movie though.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2011 07:42 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Although Luke Goss did his best in Death Race 2, he was a poor replacement for Jason Statham as the starring role.

The action in DR2 was mediocre, being a prequel, the races were nothing new compared to what was already shown in the first remake.

smokin' Thats a well written post,and I mostly agree but like I said As a prequel I think it works fairly well

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 12:23 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by K.Diddy
smokin' Thats a well written post,and I mostly agree but like I said As a prequel I think it works fairly well

As a prequel it was a very good tie-in...I gave them credit for the "It's what the public wants & demands"- angle. From Death Match evolving to Death Race & at the end of the film "introducing" the new prison warden (Joan Allan). She really played well the b*tch/villain against Statham's character.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 04:46 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JAKE22
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont know about

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 12:22 PM
JAKE22 is currently offline Click here to Send JAKE22 a Private Message Find more posts by JAKE22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by JAKE22
I dont know about

....finishing sentences? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 01:28 AM
edward91
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 12th, 2011 at 03:20 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 05:28 AM
edward91 is currently offline Click here to Send edward91 a Private Message Find more posts by edward91 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edward91
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 12th, 2011 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 05:59 AM
edward91 is currently offline Click here to Send edward91 a Private Message Find more posts by edward91 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
breetlee
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Impediment on Jan 12th, 2011 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2011 07:05 AM
breetlee is currently offline Click here to Send breetlee a Private Message Find more posts by breetlee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maximus395

It tied in pretty well but they could have picked a little better of a cast but the main characters were good except for the "Host" of the show.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 10:24 PM
maximus395 is currently offline Click here to Send maximus395 a Private Message Find more posts by maximus395 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I thought this was a sequel to the Statham one (I it wasn't Oscar-winning gold, but it was a fun action-packed thrill ride (excuse the pun) that served it's purpose of entertaining me)

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2011 10:28 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

Originally posted by maximus395
It tied in pretty well but they could have picked a little better of a cast but the main characters were good except for the "Host" of the show.

smokin' I liked her,thought she was hot and for some reason the more of a ***** a character is,the more I get strangely turned on by it

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 05:11 AM
psychokandy

I dunno, I enjoyed the movie. I'm a big fan of Danny Trejo, not only because he's a total badass in the movies but he also seems like a pretty standup dude. (He's had a pretty checkered past, but is now apparently a reformed addictions counsellor.)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 05:12 PM
psychokandy is currently offline Click here to Send psychokandy a Private Message Find more posts by psychokandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jhonyblack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Death Race 2 armored always been moments of tension effects, including some green screen shots, but if anything it added to the charm of B-movies. It's fast, sleek, offers excellent performance and is never boring or dull, a crime committed by so many other similar films.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 08:51 PM
jhonyblack is currently offline Click here to Send jhonyblack a Private Message Find more posts by jhonyblack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psychokandy

Their contest is nothing to scoff at. http://www.deathrace2.ca/cineplexcontest

Old Post Jan 24th, 2011 09:50 PM
psychokandy is currently offline Click here to Send psychokandy a Private Message Find more posts by psychokandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote