KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Most Competent Horror Movie Character

Most Competent Horror Movie Character
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Most Competent Horror Movie Character

Alright ladies and gents, this is where we seperate the bimbo's from the badasses and the genre-savy from the genre-blind. Who do you think is the character in a horror movie who actually isn't a complete moron and doesn't walk right into their own death? Who has actually impressed you in how they handle being in Nightmare territory and why?

Naturally killers are exempt and fanboyism is out (ok maybe a little fanboyism).

Old Post May 12th, 2011 11:49 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Jennifer Hills from I Spit On Your Grave.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 12th, 2011 11:54 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Herbert west from Re-Animator.

Old Post May 13th, 2011 08:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Ash from Evil dead...well more evil dead 2 and Army of Darkness, in Evil dead he was kinda useless, his friend is getting attacked and he just stood there

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 13th, 2011 08:24 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Jennifer Hills from I Spit On Your Grave.

She walked into plenty of crap.
Originally posted by Kazenji
Herbert west from Re-Animator.

He walked into plenty of crap. I don;t even know how he survived the first movie.
Originally posted by steverules_2
Ash from Evil dead...well more evil dead 2 and Army of Darkness, in Evil dead he was kinda useless, his friend is getting attacked and he just stood there

He couldn't even be bothered to remember Klaatu Varata Niktu.Ash loves trouble he's a masochist.

I reckon Tina Shepard from friday the 13th 7. A telekinetic chick who owned Jason.

Last edited by the ninjak on May 13th, 2011 at 02:12 PM

Old Post May 13th, 2011 02:09 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by the ninjak

He walked into plenty of crap. I don;t even know how he survived the first movie.

But still he made it out of that situation at the hospital to work as a medic in a warzone.

Old Post May 13th, 2011 02:16 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Ripley from Alien.

Old Post May 13th, 2011 08:22 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I liked Treat Williams in Deep Rising.

The dude was always just mildly surprised or just plain annoyed every time the creature attacked.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 02:50 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Originally posted by the ninjak
I reckon Tina Shepard from friday the 13th 7. A telekinetic chick who owned Jason.

I was thinking of giving her an honourable mention, she's not really in control of her powers or her emotions though.
Another honourable mention to the boxer from Jason Takes Manhattan, still an idiot, but he has a good go. Respect.

I would say Kevin McKidd's character from Dog Soldiers is pretty good, he doesn't lose his cool through more or less the entire movie.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 03:03 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Mystery
Supervillain Sensation

Oh, and Ken Foree from Dawn Of The Dead, ignoring the wanting to kill himself near the end then changing his mind part.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 03:05 AM
Dr Mystery is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Mystery a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Mystery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Ellen Ripley definitley gets my vote. So does Mac from The Thing. Pretty much any character who ends up being the "I told you so" character is the most competent of any group.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 14th, 2011 06:51 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Kazenji
But still he made it out of that situation at the hospital to work as a medic in a warzone.

True dat laughing out loud

Guys a freakin wizard.

Originally posted by Dr Mystery
I was thinking of giving her an honourable mention, she's not really in control of her powers or her emotions though.
Another honourable mention to the boxer from Jason Takes Manhattan, still an idiot, but he has a good go. Respect.

I would say Kevin McKidd's character from Dog Soldiers is pretty good, he doesn't lose his cool through more or less the entire movie.

Yeah he was hardcore. No sense of fear.

Old Post May 14th, 2011 08:18 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Tommy Jarvis and Sam Loomis (Pleasence version)

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 11:26 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Reggie Bannister & Mike from Phantasm.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 01:14 PM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

The Blob.
nobody even realised it was in town until it killed so many people it grew so big was impossible for it to hide anymore. well except the kids

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 03:06 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fightingflyer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alice form the Resident Evil Series comes to mind

Old Post Jun 26th, 2011 06:31 AM
fightingflyer is currently offline Click here to Send fightingflyer a Private Message Find more posts by fightingflyer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MikeDavis
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 1st, 2011 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 03:55 PM
MikeDavis is currently offline Click here to Send MikeDavis a Private Message Find more posts by MikeDavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Jaws.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:16 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'd have to go with Hannibal Lecter. the Creeper, from Jeepers Creepers was pretty methodical as well.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2011 06:38 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aanthonyfranks
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Tall Man (Phantasm)

The Tall Man is relentless in his attempt to conquer the world. Although this is a multi-dimension presents itself as properly dressed couple - although incredibly disturbing - a lord, please do not let her looks fool you.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 09:38 AM
aanthonyfranks is currently offline Click here to Send aanthonyfranks a Private Message Find more posts by aanthonyfranks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote