KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Green Lantern (2011)

Green Lantern (2011)
Started by: leezuki

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leezuki

green lantern

i was going to watch green lantern but people keep trashing it, just want to know if it's really worth going to watch.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 03:03 PM
leezuki is currently offline Click here to Send leezuki a Private Message Find more posts by leezuki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

It was bloody awful.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 03:50 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leezuki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
It was bloody awful.
really that bad i have 2 say i am getting tired of super hero movies but i was looking forward to this one gutted.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 04:54 PM
leezuki is currently offline Click here to Send leezuki a Private Message Find more posts by leezuki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'll just copy and paste my completely ignored post from the comic book movie forum...Seeing as there seems to be a lot of teenage dick wagging going on in there. (Better get over there RJ...That's your kind of thing)

Don't know all that much about the Green Lantern comics so everything story wise and how it relates to the comics isn't something I can speak on so my criticisms are entirely about the stand alone movie.

1st off the CGI was absolutely piss poor. I've seen movies made 10 years ago that look better (Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within as an example)

There is close on no action...Literally 5 minutes...Not what you expect from a comic book movie at all...As an origin movie you expect it to be slow...But not that slow.

Overall....Not good at all...Hate to say it but Marvel movies are a lot better than DC movies...And DC is leaving their hopes in the hands of Zach Snyder...Hmmm...I worry.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2011 10:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by the ninjak
It was bloody awful.

Hows life as a pirate

Originally posted by jaden101
Overall....Not good at all...Hate to say it but Marvel movies are a lot better than DC movies...And DC is leaving their hopes in the hands of Zach Snyder...Hmmm...I worry.

at least DC tried to go with something different rather then Batman & Supes all the time.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 05:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leezuki

what i thought to many super hero movies being made.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 12:26 PM
zoeyy
zoey bad gal brooks

heya how cum u not speaking today x

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 12:51 PM
zoeyy is currently offline Click here to Send zoeyy a Private Message Find more posts by zoeyy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The idea/concept was good, so "Could" have been a good movie. But unfortunately the direction of the movie was very poor. It just didn't flow well. It randomly shifted from Space to Earth. And even on Earth the scenes were pretty random. They should have made it like Green Lantern: First Flight animated. Would have been much better basing the whole thing in space, after the ring finds a human.

There was nothing wrong with the special effects though. GL's powers were portrayed well, and the action sequence at the end was good. But it was too late in the movie to save at that point.

But I wouldn't say Marvel movies are better based on this, and DC shouldn't give up on other superheroes (besides Supes and Bats). They just need to make sure they get good direction, and have a good story not just a good concept.

Oh and not overspend on a first movie just assuming its gna be a hit. They've done that twice now: Superman Returns and Green Lantern. They dnt seem to be learning.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 12:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Kazenji
Hows life as a pirate

I'm a projectionist on the side.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 02:50 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Zack Snyder's take on Superman will be the Man of Steel, who is faster than a speeding bullet, in slow motion.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 04:36 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Saw it this weekend; that's another super-hero they ****ed up.

Hoping Captain America is better.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 06:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

marvel hero movies will always be better. marvel characters always felt more realistic than DC characters for some reason.
so that seems like it would turn out better in live action.

am i making sense? no expression

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 06:58 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I thought the movie was good. I gave it a 7 out of 10.

That means it was worth seeing in the theater.

How about Peter Sarsgaard's performance as Hector? That guy was just awesome. I believe I found a nice but different replacement for The Joker... smile

The effects were decent. The CGI wasn't bad, at all.

Sound was at times awesome and at other times lacking. This tells me that it had a rushed post-production with some good talent.

Acting was okay. Reynolds delivered but wasn't his usual awesome smartass self. He seemed rather suppressed in that area but still got several of his smartass lines in.

I liked the story.

Things I didn't like were the motivations for Hector. It was a bit too immature, imo. It didn't seem very realistic.

I really liked Parallax's character design. It was awesome!

Sinistro was a bit too much of an ass.

My hope is that they make a Green Lantern II and don't change much about the film except making the plot a bit better, adding more action...and taking out some of the PIS.

Also....is it me or are most Green (or otherwise) Lantern's lacking in imagination?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 07:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
marvel hero movies will always be better. marvel characters always felt more realistic than DC characters for some reason.

I agree. Yeah I love the DC roster but they are too uber. And the fact that the film couldn't capture that.
The film should have shown him performing interesting feats. And not spearheading him into an ultimate showdown.
The Guardians also looked way too fake. Why not get Rick Baker to make animatronic dudes and put CG effects where they are needed.

They based all the scenes in sets with special effects which made the plot development seem too textbook. Thor brought in the small town setting which helped ground the audience in reality.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Also....is it me or are most Green (or otherwise) Lantern's lacking in imagination?

Yeah I guess that was the whole idea. That a creative and noble human could rise above the top. But the script couldn't capture that.

EDITING!!!

Last edited by the ninjak on Jun 28th, 2011 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 07:37 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji

at least DC tried to go with something different rather then Batman & Supes all the time.

I've no issue with them trying something that is lesser known in non comic book circles that Superman and Batman. I do have an issue with trying to palm us off with a movie with exceptionally low production values and terrible acting. The only character even remotely good was Sinestro. A genuine likeness and very well cast. The CGI on the Guardians was just laughable though. And when you compare Oa's CGI with the likes of Asgard in the Thor movie it just looks dire and outdated.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 07:55 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Sinistro was a bit too much of an ass.

That was the only real redeeming aspect of the film(imo) and Mark Strong nailed it, Sinestro is an arrogant ass. All 15 minutes of him.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 08:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i liked it.. it was a solid popcorn flick.. i'm with dadudemon.. i hope they bring sinestro to the spotlight in part 2..

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 09:01 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by 0mega Spawn

The Original Superman films and Nolan's Batman movies are the best superhero movies. Marvel never has and never will make movies of that caliber.

How about Peter Sarsgaard's performance as Hector? That guy was just awesome. I believe I found a nice but different replacement for The Joker... smile

I actually thought the Hector story was a waste of time, and it would have been a much better story just concentrating more on Parallax(one of the things that did work in the movie)

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 29th, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 10:18 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I didn't think it was bad....better than X-men last stand....

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 11:04 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The Original Superman films and Nolan's Batman movies are the best superhero movies. Marvel never has and never will make movies of that caliber.

But yet at the same time what we have gotten from Marvel Studio's is'nt all that bad.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2011 12:07 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote